Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

i think people are burying the lede here so i edited the title namaste

It's not clear whether or not this game will share the No More Heroes title, but Suda51 said the game with Travis is in development and is "heavily influenced by pro wrestling."

No development timeline or estimated release date was shared for the unnamed game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I want to have sex with the new Zelda game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ethanol posted:

so you can play together on a screen big enough to actually see?
What does that have to do with it being portable or not idgi?? Just take your dock with you, how is this any different than taking a PS4 or whatever to your friends house.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
y'know what everything is gonna be alright i think

this thing is gonna meet or exceed the Wii U's number of good exclusive games I can't play anywhere else so I'd buy it at 300

eventually

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cicadas! posted:

Why not just bring your dock, with you, if you're visiting a friend who doesn't have one and you want to play on his TV. Do you usually buy peripherals that your friends can't use that are basically just for you whenever you visit?

I too look forward to spend $90 for all the TVs in my house to be Switchable, or have to haul the stupid-rear end dock around.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kurtofan posted:

too busy with their karting career

Were there actually any in the actual trailer? Cuz I saw Bowser Jr. and Chucklefuck but couldn't make out any Koopa Kids.

What if it's in their contract now that they only appear at events if Bowser Jr. is absent?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Waltzing Along posted:

OMG the Pro Controller is $70.

Joycons are $50 for one $40 for two.

gently caress you Nintendo. gently caress you so so so so much.

Settle down with this crybaby poo poo man, that's how much xbone / ps4 controllers were at launch too. They're still $50 and up.

Like of all the things you could go with after that shitshow presentation, this is what you chose?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Cowcaster posted:

i think people are burying the lede here so i edited the title namaste

thank you u are doing god's work

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Quest For Glory II posted:

Nintendo's website cant handle the traffic but Bomberman (called Bomberman R) has 8 player online play and is a launch title. eShop I'm assuming.

See this right here is the poo poo I wanted to see on that presentation. Hopefully we'll have more of an info dump on this stuff tomorrow through the Tree House.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Posting my dream to quote when it comes true:

Zelda at launch.
3d Mario at launch, multi-player including Toad and Peach again.
Monster Hunter XX port by summer.

Mario Kart Switched by summer.
Splatoon: Fresh Edition.
Metroid in development.
Hyrule Warriors Hero of Legends edition.
Donkey Kong Country: Switch Swap.
Animal Crossing: Citizen Switch in 2017.
Pokémon Stars in fall.

That's all, should be easy, make it happen Nintendo.

Sooooo three things right... Kinda bummed especially about monster hunter. Mario Kart is out April 28 according to the trailer on YouTube but you wouldn't know because they didn't bother mentioning it in the presentation lol. Xenoblade 2 is a nice surprise!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

It's not clear whether or not this game will share the No More Heroes title, but Suda51 said the game with Travis is in development and is "heavily influenced by pro wrestling."

No development timeline or estimated release date was shared for the unnamed game.

don't care

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Anytime a game asks me to name an area from now on its gonna be NEW DONK CITY. Arigato, Mario-san

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
when's e3

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
two additional skus for Breath of the Wild

- Game + Tapestry/Map + Soundtrack CD + Switch carrying case + Collectable coin - $100

- All of the above + Master Sword statue - $130

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Endorph posted:

trails in the sky, trails of cold steel, tales of xillia, tales of berseria, tales of graces f, digimon story cyber sleuth, atelier escha and logy, dragon ball z attack of the saiyans
I'm referring to big "epic" JRPGs.

Trails in the Sky would qualify but it is from 2004. Haven't played Steel too much but it was a bit disappointing from what I've played. Tales games basically never make that cut since they focus on quantity over quality. Digimon lol. Atelier. lol.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

s.i.r.e. posted:

I too look forward to spend $90 for all the TVs in my house to be Switchable, or have to haul the stupid-rear end dock around.

LMAO look at this guy with only two TVs.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
suplexing thugs onto my dick surrogate forever

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MinibarMatchman posted:

I cant believe a loving 4chan leak was more accurate than Laura Kate Dale or Emily Rogers LOL

http://www.shacknews.com/article/98517/rumor-nintendo-switch-european-titles-leaked-on-4chan

Did anything Laura say turn out to be true?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

So switch game cases are PSP cases?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

s.i.r.e. posted:

how the gently caress many tvs do you need to play this thing on?

Like, I have 2 tops, and even then I'll just buy an extra HDMI cable if I really don't want to gently caress with my surround sound

what on gods green earth do you do when you want to move one of your other consoles around, buy a new one?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/819771205393661954

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
If Zelda doesn't have waggle, I think it might be enough to sell the console to me. Skyward Sword was utter trash and I'll be damned to assume that Zelda is just going to be 'good' regardless of circumstance.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tatsuta Age posted:

lord jesus why would they shoot themselves in the foot like this

I mean, it's a pretty fair thing for them to do. It'd be lovely to completely abandon the Wii U userbase that has supported their failed console all these years, and they've probably already gone and made the game compatible for both systems, so it's likely just a matter of doing it because it can be done. I'm sure the Switch version will look better and have some more unique gimmicks.

I'd probably pick up the Switch anyway, I want to support Nintendo and I believe in the system's versatility.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also I'm glad Nintendo made another new IP, ARMS will be cool as a Rocket League style of multiplayer experience (not same gameplay but you know what I mean)

also the Nippon Ichi game in the sizzle reel was Disgaea 5

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

they're probably working on a switch monster hunter but announcing it this early would take the wind out of XX's sails

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Monkey Fracas posted:

y'know what everything is gonna be alright i think

this thing is gonna meet or exceed the Wii U's number of good exclusive games I can't play anywhere else so I'd buy it at 300

eventually

That's fine if you're buying this primarily as a Wii U successor.

I'm not.

This is also supposed to replace the 3DS.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I do have to laugh at the crying over lack of third party support, as if anyone has ever bought a Nintendo system for third party games in the last couple decades.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

gently caress Nintendo. gently caress gently caress gently caress Microsoft for making this norm.

gently caress STUPID loving GAMERS! URGH!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm referring to big "epic" JRPGs.

Trails in the Sky would qualify but it is from 2004. Haven't played Steel too much but it was a bit disappointing from what I've played. Tales games basically never make that cut since they focus on quantity over quality. Digimon lol. Atelier. lol.
cold steel isn't as painfully slow as sky, and tales of berseria and tales of graces f are fully featured, big rpgs that take 60-80 hours to beat so iunno why they wouldn't count.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Microsoft and Sony put the US first and so they dominate the market.
Nintendo are a bunch of idiots and are going to get out of the hardware business sooner or later.

Everyone would be happier if they just stopped the hardware BS and focused on the only thing they are good at, making Mario and Zelda games.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

CubsWoo posted:

two additional skus for Breath of the Wild

- Game + Tapestry/Map + Soundtrack CD + Switch carrying case + Collectable coin - $100

- All of the above + Master Sword statue - $130

Where?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no one like the new expansion though lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aTHyxFtdxo

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Pureauthor posted:

This is also supposed to replace the 3DS.

They specifically said it isn't supposed to do that many times over

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

If Zelda doesn't have waggle, I think it might be enough to sell the console to me. Skyward Sword was utter trash and I'll be damned to assume that Zelda is just going to be 'good' regardless of circumstance.

It doesn't have waggle
BOTW only has great things for great people

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Microsoft and Sony put the US first and so they dominate the market.
Nintendo are a bunch of idiots and are going to get out of the hardware business sooner or later.

Everyone would be happier if they just stopped the hardware BS and focused on the only thing they are good at, making Mario and Zelda games.

I stepped into the Games thread for 2 seconds and immediately got AIDS. Oh hell yes.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Hell, a new Bomberman on launch? I am so down for this. Bomberman is right up my loving alley these days.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Unlucky7 posted:

I do have to laugh at the crying over lack of third party support, as if anyone has ever bought a Nintendo system for third party games in the last couple decades.

*pssssst*

3DS.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Yea it's looking more likely that launch window will be saved by lower key titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brother Entropy posted:

they're probably working on a switch monster hunter but announcing it this early would take the wind out of XX's sails

That's a shame, because the Switch doesn't have any wind in it's sails

• Locked thread