Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Is Seraph Lapis' wincon bugged somehow? I got 2 games' worth of progress on "win with havencraft" dailies in a game I just won with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I can vouch to ramp dragon being total crap. It loses to every single aggro deck and to every single control deck, it can beat roaches if you bring owl guardians but that's about it.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I've been having alot fun with this deck for dragon dailies and memes, I've been playing pretty much only this for dragon

You can replace Eyfa with Fortes. I've tested it with conflag and lyrial and I feel they didn't really work. I want to test replacing the harnessed flames with bellringers next.

It does really well against aggro blood and nep shadow. It does as good as anything else against tempo/dshift rune, especially if they're stuck with follower only spell damage cards in their hand. It 100% auto loses to roach naturally.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So yeah, switched from ramp to face dragon and quickly got 3 wins in a row for my daily, then went back to roach forest and extended the streak to 6 (I even managed to beat the direct counter, earth rune, by 1 hp by playing super recklessly and some skillful topdecks) so I'm about to hit A2.

To be honest, the meta seems somewhat worse than the previous one, with a very clear rock/paper,/scissors feel and extremely focused decks that are not that hard to pilot, outside some control ones when doing control vs control.

Maybe it is because there are lots of people trying to climb in the As so they only play the cookie-cutter decks? (I am also guilty of this sometimes). From what I see in people playing master at low point levels there is way more variety there.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I think the meta got much worse. Most of the time you'll be fighting the same three decks (Dariacraft, Aggro Blood, and Roach OTK).

Dragoncraft didn't get changed much outside of having a terrible time with Shadow now (thanks Khawy).
Shadowcraft is a little bit better but aggro is still the way to go. You'll be amazed on how big shadow reaper can get.
Swordcraft is made 100% obsolete by Blood and Rune. Daria does the Otohime thing, only a turn quicker and with bigger and badder followers. Levi and Piercing Rune combo is borderline ban-tier. Aggro sword is just a ghetto version of Aggro blood.
Havencraft still has Enstatued Seraph and therefore will never fall out of meta as long as they don't hard brick. Storm Haven is garbage because Aira is now slow. Beastcall. Aria. Is. Too. Slow.

gently caress Runecraft, gently caress Forestcraft.

I'm loving take two though. The expansion was mostly aimed on improving upon arena and it worked. I hate that Bahaumt and Olivia are still way too common in drafts though.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Eh, personally I'm still having fun and doing well with Storm Haven and various flavors of Shadow. I think people are still figuring out how to tech for this meta and how to play around the new cards. Daria is not so bad and you can throw a billion wards at forest but I still have no idea what to do about Aggro Blood :shrug: or the powered up Earth Rite on the rare occasion I run into it

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I've faced Daria something like 10 games in a row now. The initial period of anarchy was really exciting but right now it's just a slog.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

at least you have a solid target to tech against? :v:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
New face roach build that everyone's going to netdeck off of gamepress has 2x will of the forest 3x dance of death 1x pixie mischief 2x tia. Be prepared (I just hit AA with it).

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Winning a game (in peon ranks, obviously) with Enstatued Seraph is surprisingly satisfying.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

pyrotek posted:

Winning a game (in peon ranks, obviously) with Enstatued Seraph is surprisingly satisfying.

Nothing surprising about it, it's just great (unless you're the other player who has just learned to scorn Haven)

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Played 20 games.

14 Dariarune
3 Aggro Blood
3 Roach deck

I'm in A0 and haven't gained a single point. Going full soulek, nuking my account and probably play some casual take two until Cygames loving puts Roach and Levi into the dirt.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Decided to reroll a bit before I give this a shot, my starting crate was Albert, Beast Dominator, Bloodhungry Matriarch, Rose Queen, Pascale, Skullfane & Fafnir plus an animated Sahaquiel. Seems like a decent amount altogether, but how likely am I to get like, a more cohesive pool? Should I just run with this anyway?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

You got a good # of legendaries but it's not actually a good reroll since you basically only got albert and matriarch. You could save it and keep rerolling

Lord Ephraim posted:

Played 20 games.

14 Dariarune
3 Aggro Blood
3 Roach deck

I'm in A0 and haven't gained a single point. Going full soulek, nuking my account and probably play some casual take two until Cygames loving puts Roach and Levi into the dirt.

Cmon man don't actually liquify everything. If you want to climb you need an anti aggro deck and there are a bunch out there. Of course you could not have the cards/vials and/or not actually enjoy playing those decks then I would just say play the decks you enjoy playing and concede when rune comes up to save time/frustration unless you just really, really want to climb and climbing is only how you can have fun with ranked.

Arena is in a really good place though right now class balance wise. Going second is always better but that's whatever. Rune is probably the only definite weak pick right now and everyone else is pretty even so you are never stuck with a bad choice for take two.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

pyrotek posted:

Conversely, triggering your penultimate-Seraph that will win you the game next turn, but also triggering a Beastcaller Aria, causing the board to fill with 5 minions and thus exiling your Seraph, is heartbreaking.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

My favorite playstyle is midrange. Shadow and Sword were my two primary classes.

RoB meta midrange is dead. Dariarune completely outclasses it. All board control dominance is destroyed by Levi and Piercing Rune, then they just barf out followers and burn spells until you're dead.

I have the cards for a full control shadow or swordcraft deck, but those decks are very prone to bricking while aggro decks don't run anything cheaper than 5 drops so their early game is secure. The current meta isn't fun unless you netdeck the three most played decks.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Ephraim posted:

My favorite playstyle is midrange. Shadow and Sword were my two primary classes.

RoB meta midrange is dead. Dariarune completely outclasses it. All board control dominance is destroyed by Levi and Piercing Rune, then they just barf out followers and burn spells until you're dead.

I have the cards for a full control shadow or swordcraft deck, but those decks are very prone to bricking while aggro decks don't run anything cheaper than 5 drops so their early game is secure. The current meta isn't fun unless you netdeck the three most played decks.

The problem with RoB is that aggro got faster, combo more consistent, and control got more value. So the main archetypes are so powerful that they just do not lose to anything but their counters. There doesn't seem to be a way to make a midrange deck that can deal with -say- both roaches and seraph. So the game has degenerated into RPS, I have had plenty of first turn concedes. I drop a goblin, so I'm obviously playing roach and I *will* have the combo on 7 so welp, no chance of winning, why waste time? lets concede.

And Daria is super stupid retarded. Like that's some of the worst card design I've ever seen. She's not even that powerful but the whole package is just dumb, boring, and it pilots itself. Basically you roll some dice at the start and they win if they roll high (unless you're playing the counter, then they win if they roll super high, plenty of Darias on four).

Like, there are some people running the heaven amulet that gives ward to your followers just to beat roaches and unlucky aggros. Yeah, they automatically lose to any control deck and pretty much anything else but at least they also auto-win some games. If they tried to play a balanced deck they would just lose to everything.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

I love Daria as a card. The idea of a spellboosted follower deck for Runecraft is pretty cool.

The problem is that Timeworn Mage Levi is so loving strong. He was powerful pre-RoB and he still is. I don't know why he gets +2/+2 on evo for such a powerful effect. Look at some RoB cards with strong effects: either +1/+1 or +0/+0. Dwarf Alchemist is the dirtrune equivalent of Levi but he gets +1/+1. The fact that Levi has no synergy in a earth rite deck, but is 3x anyways just shows his powercreep.

Roach decks are getting more obnoxious because they're teching more removal so all the wards you play are absolutely useless. You have to burn through 2 will of the forests, 3 dance of deaths, 2 pixie mischiefs, and 3 sylvan justices before you can say "I'm safe against the roach combo". The real proper response is to say gently caress it, hope they don't have ancient elf and face race.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
If you're not tracking your matches I really encourage you guys to do so. I'm using Shadowlog but http://www.shadownote.com/ has some of the same basic functionalities. It can feel really really bad to lose to the same stuff over and over but tracking can help identify your biggest struggles and also remind you when you're doing better than what it seems like. I hate aggro blood with my whole soul now but with some tweaking I'm not really doing that bad.

In A1 with Garuda Haven I have a 62.5% winrate against Daria & 47.4% against Aggro Blood (based on over 30 games each), and while I haven't played as many matches of it it's looking good against Control and Nep Shadow. (& of course it usually runs over dshift & seraph). It's also a deck that does very well going first! It's not even anything special, I think it's a variant of an old tournament deck that I teched to death and isn't even running new cards. Obviously I don't know how it'll perform in the higher ranks and you trade a little consistency for versatility, but if anyone's struggling & would like to try it out here's the decklist.

I might tweak it again soon and if I do I'd probably add more removal. The deck's biggest problem is with OTK Forest (& Ancient Elf in general).
If you're up against Blood, Blackened Scripture will pop both Yurius or an early Vania right off the board. An early Snake Priestess can be a pain for them to clear and can give you time to pop some amulets & regain board control. Sledgehammer can clear a big body and a small one on evolve, and like Vania, Unica, etc. if you play her before the evolve turn instead, she's a soft ward they can't ignore (or face the consequences). Barrage is still good for answering bats or bringing something within trade/banish range.

Against Rune you have a few options, if I have them I like to start with Sacred Plea and Mainyu. I tend to play Beastcall later against Rune because there's less chance of them sending it back to your hand. Sledgehammer does some great work here again by taking out stuff too fat to banish, while bringing another fatty into banish range or killing a 2/2 while surviving. DoD and Themis are for when they bring out the Daria or something stupid like Flame Destroyers (& if they come out early enough Sledgehammer will work too). In general you want to avoid taking the nuclear option early as much as possible though and try to make good banish/evo plays while hitting face anytime you have storm. If you don't have Priest or Sledgehammer on hand during evo turns, try to evolve your tiny birbs so they have to waste bigger damage spells or trade with them instead of just Angelic Snipe.

That got longer than I thought but I hope it was helpful for somebody! I'm also playing Royal Banner with some new stuff added and it's doing 50%, & working slowly on refining Aggro and Control Shadow, so once I test those I'll post my numbers :)

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 12, 2017

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's similar to my Storm Haven, except I use only one moon bunny and no themis. Instead I use the Shrine Knight Maiden. If you can play her after you beastcall and birdsong pops, they're all protected from piercing rune/crimson sorcery/dance of death spam. Does wonders against Dshift since the meta doesn't use Fire Chain anymore.

RoB doesn't give Storm Haven any new cards. I tried Veteran Tamer since it seems like a good card on curve going first but it seems too slow for the meta. Luxwing Reno just gets removed, so Mainyu is the better 2 drop. Vallialan General's body is too weak and its rush effect is more for slow amulets that don't get play in storm haven.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Ephraim posted:

I love Daria as a card. The idea of a spellboosted follower deck for Runecraft is pretty cool.

The idea of spell boosted followers is great. But she's just randomness incarnated. Did you draw daria in your first 5 turns? Nope? Lose. Did she draw the nuts? Yes? Win

Again, it's not like the deck is invincible. It's just so dumb.

e: On an unrelated note, I finally hit A2 and I'm probably going to stop climbing there, the meta is just boring right now. BTW got plenty of disconnects from rune (I BM them like crazy, even if roach has the advantage, that's why I'm playing the drat thing after all), including one that finally worked and somehow caused me to lose.

I also once dropped selwyn's command when at 9 pp and it only consumed 3. Seems like the pp use is client side.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 12, 2017

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

You got a good # of legendaries but it's not actually a good reroll since you basically only got albert and matriarch. You could save it and keep rerolling.

I was using my iPad to reroll because :effort: so no saves for me unfortunately. I went on a longass streak of like, one or two poo poo legendaries and nothing else, before getting 2x Daria, Albert, bloodhungry matriarch, imperial dragon and soul dealer just now. Getting sick of rerolling so I might just keep it, and at least it has duplicates of a decent one? Edit: also Gabriel for whatever that's worth.

Also, what should I be spending gold on at first? Any specific expansion packs, save it for arena or ?

Hauki fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 12, 2017

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

If you got 2 darias you might as well make a daria/tempo rune deck. Buy the RoB packs to get all the cards you need for the deck and then slowly craft the reminder of the stuff you need by liquefying cards you have more than 3 of. The most expensive cards you need to craft will probably be the 3x Levi. Don't worry about making the 3rd daria for now. After you got the daria deck mostly completed you can buy whichever pack has more of the cards you need for the next decks you want to create

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

If you got 2 darias you might as well make a daria/tempo rune deck. Buy the RoB packs to get all the cards you need for the deck and then slowly craft the reminder of the stuff you need by liquefying cards you have more than 3 of. The most expensive cards you need to craft will probably be the 3x Levi. Don't worry about making the 3rd daria for now. After you got the daria deck mostly completed you can buy whichever pack has more of the cards you need for the next decks you want to create

Cool thanks, will do.

edit: they sure make it a loving pain in the rear end to link steam back to an existing ios account, don't they

doesn't seem like it's actually possible? I linked it to facebook etc. from my ios device but there's no way to generate a link code anywhere there, and I can't use my userid or anything to login from steam unless I'm missing something? goddamn this is dumb

so yes, it is possible, you have to link your ios account to facebook, load an android emulator, log in to facebook from the emulator and link it to facebook as well which prompts it to sync game data between the two, then you can generate a device link code from the emulator which allows you to finally link a steam account to the original ios device. In case anyone else stupidly ends up trying to play on ios at any point.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 12, 2017

ChaosSora
Feb 20, 2013

The iOS version of the game lost the ability to link to your steam account when the new expansion launched (blame Apple, it's most likely their fault). The android version of the game has no issues with device linking though. I know Neph being on maintenance for a week after the expansion was because Apple refused to apply the patch in a timely manner.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I've already opened two Darias and had some Rune quests left so I've decided to try out the deck. There has been more than enough said about how stupid(ly good) Daria Rune is, but an Aggro deck that allows you to refuel your hand AND build a strong board in the same turn just shouldn't exist. It feels like the type of deck that isn't quite broken but it is relatively cheap, easy to pick up and can be stupidly fast.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think it's slightly stronger than it should be but a deck like it should exist imo... midrange sword could dominate the board just by dropping high-value minions on curve and they'd also never run out of resources because they have some of the most efficient card draw in the game, something that usually happens at some point with daria rune.

The problem I have with daria is the fifteen free points of burn in the deck (3x levi, 3x piercing) that make it win just a little more than I'm comfortable with, but I play a deck that has an even higher winrate so what do I know.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 12, 2017

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Looks like I've got everything for the daria deck linked in the op (is there a more up-to-date list I should be looking at?) short of the 3rd daria and the two levis. I figured I'd just craft the levis rather than trying to buy darkness evolved packs but I've got 1k gold burning a hole in my pocket now and debating if I should blow it on more RoB on the offchance I open a 3rd Daria, or if I should start working towards another class/archetype. I still don't have much else legendary wise outside of Albert, 2 dragoons & the matriarch to lead me in a direction. I guess I could just sit on it until I actually figure out what else I might want to play.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im not gonna look up the list in the op but if it only has 2 levis i take immediate issue

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hauki posted:

Looks like I've got everything for the daria deck linked in the op (is there a more up-to-date list I should be looking at?) short of the 3rd daria and the two levis. I figured I'd just craft the levis rather than trying to buy darkness evolved packs but I've got 1k gold burning a hole in my pocket now and debating if I should blow it on more RoB on the offchance I open a 3rd Daria, or if I should start working towards another class/archetype. I still don't have much else legendary wise outside of Albert, 2 dragoons & the matriarch to lead me in a direction. I guess I could just sit on it until I actually figure out what else I might want to play.

If you're going to try to climb the ladder you need the third Daria plus the Levis. Increasing your chances of drawing Daria and the old rear end in a top hat on time is basically the biggest power-boost you can get.

Otherwise just do whatever. A cheap-rear end aggro blood deck needs no legendaries and there are versions without Vania that are decent enough so you basically run around with silvers and bronzes. Cheap!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

He doesn't need a third Daria because spending 3.5k vials just to marginally boost his deck just so he can climb harder will make his ability to do other class quests and play other decks much worst.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Daria's not like most legendaries. The deck actually sucks if you don't draw Daria.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

it's better to have 1 good deck you like than 3 decent decks you don't like

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

And what if it's a choice between 1 good deck he doesn't like and 3 decent decks he likes

Let the guy(s) actually play the deck first before telling them they need 3 darias to start out. Those beginner/D ranks aren't exactly the hardest opponents in the world

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

He doesn't need a third Daria because spending 3.5k vials just to marginally boost his deck just so he can climb harder will make his ability to do other class quests and play other decks much worst.

Yeah, that's not a marginal boost. Without three of them the deck just doesn't work.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

And what if it's a choice between 1 good deck he doesn't like and 3 decent decks he likes

Let the guy(s) actually play the deck first before telling them they need 3 darias to start out. Those beginner/D ranks aren't exactly the hardest opponents in the world

Yeah, this is basically what we are trying to say.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

oh hey we talking about daria? anyone want to play a deck that is probably weaker, but way more fun to play than regular daria?

i'd suggest a deck i've been calling Double D Shift

my changes currently: -1 flame destroyer,+1 levi

deck plays mostly like D Shift, but with a mtg storm style element by combo a zero cost daria into a D Shift. probably worse than the aggro version, but a ton of fun to play when it goes off.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Speaking of Dshift it's not the Daria hotness but there are budget Dshift lists that work just fine for dailies and can even steal a few wins in ranked. Having the Levis helps but it plays just fine without Merlin. I haven't even added piercing rune yet

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/5nohrc/next_batch_of_leaders_revealed_feb_2017_release/

Welp, time to start saving rupies. The only one I don't care about is Maahes.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

at this point there has been no mention of these from an official source that ive seen so dont get too excited yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Awesome! posted:

at this point there has been no mention of these from an official source that ive seen so dont get too excited yet

Yeah, was just about to say that I checked both Twitter accounts and no mention of this, so yeah.

• Locked thread