Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrBozon/status/819820873649516544

Also I don't this was on the announcements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7ekA41DadI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

TFRazorsaw posted:

the joycon grip comes with the console. You don't really need a pro controller.
plus AFAIK the joycon grip is actually based on the pro controller so despite how goofy it looks it will feel the same to hold and use, except for the right analog stick being below the buttons

Jarogue posted:

Also I don't this was on the announcements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7ekA41DadI
also, Fast Racing Remix is coming to Switch, based on Fast Racing Neo but with more content and 1080p/60fps (Neo I think was upscaled-to-720p)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I think it looks really cool, I'll be a day-one sucker

Thoughts: pricing is not that bad, if they ship it with a good USB-C PD charger you could use that as a second laptop charger, those things are expensive. The accessory pricing is stupid though, is it to open the market for 3rd party accessories? Got no idea.

The 720/1080p resolution scaling stuff pretty much guarantees they will launch a Switch+ in about 1.5 years that'll play games in 1080p when portable, they'll sell it without accessories for $199 and create a big landfill/2nd hand market for old 720p tablets.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ihatepants posted:

I don't think it'll actually let you check out with this (it might already be out of stock). I couldn't get it to work so I ended up buying the special edition instead.

When I posted that link it was listed for $999

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

HyperPuma posted:

is mario not a human being? or is he on some strange planet that looks like earth but everything is bigger?

if you eat a mushroom does he become human sized?

It's the sonic adventure situation where there are normal humans but also there's Eggman existing as well and he's a deformed freak in comparison

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm very excited for it and i'm also glad it probably won't be out for awhile because i've still got a lot of hyrule warriors and dragon quest heroes to play

Though I know I'll never play it, I hope that fire emblem heroes includes Hector and Ephraim since they are p much the only fire emblem lords I know of that aren't sword users and all I've heard about Hector is how much of a badass he is and Sacred Stones is the only FE game I actually played and Ephraim was p cool in it.

Amelia from Sacred Stones, too, but only if she's a general.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Do we know if you can use old controllers with the switch at home?

Just catching up to some new, it's a bit steep in price, but not terribly so. It honestly looks great for my usecase. I'm excited.

Also Fire Emblem Musou.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MT8SWKC

Zelda Master edition went up on Amazon.

EDIT: $103.99 for Prime members.

Nalin fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 13, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Now THIS is pod-racing!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nobody seems to have pro controllers up for preorder yet do they?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I've been going back and forth with preordering, but just did it on Amazon. I figure if I change my mind it's easy enough to cancel

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmdeZxByAnw

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

plus AFAIK the joycon grip is actually based on the pro controller so despite how goofy it looks it will feel the same to hold and use, except for the right analog stick being below the buttons

also, Fast Racing Remix is coming to Switch, based on Fast Racing Neo but with more content and 1080p/60fps (Neo I think was upscaled-to-720p)

I prefer that, to be honest. That's the way it was on my GC controller and that's the best controller of all time as far as I'm concerned.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Nalin posted:

Whoo hoo! Thanks for posting this :)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Does Amazon charge at ship date?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

enojy posted:

Does Amazon charge at ship date?

Yes

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

No wireless. Less space than a Nomad. Lame.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Oh wow, Zelda masters edition might already be sold out on Amazon. People are reporting that it errors adding to cart.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's sold out on Amazon.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nalin posted:

:popeye:

I want that bag

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Went ahead and got an Amazon preorder, too. Will probably cancel the best buy one tomorrow, unless there's some sudden scarcity. If there is, I'll offer it to someone at list price.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I wonder how many games, if any, will just save game data to the cart, instead of relying on the console storage.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Master edition is back up on Gamestop and lets you complete checkout. I guess people cancelled their order since Amazon was cheaper with their prime discount and free shipping.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Zelda special edition says release date March 13th on Amazon. Maybe they fat fingered it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

I wonder how many games, if any, will just save game data to the cart, instead of relying on the console storage.

I would probably be cheaper in the long run to save on the system then the cart

MyStereoHasMono
Feb 23, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space

GreatGreen posted:

Holy poo poo $300 for the console and $70 extra for a controller that's worth a drat.

Ha

Hahahaha

Well I was excited for the Switch.

Bummer. Maybe with the time you'll save not buying/playing a new video game console priced within the industry standard for two decades, you can get a job.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

assuming more titles arent announced tomorrow (but some might because Nintendo is really bad about that), the launch WINDOW (ie spring) looks like this for now

Zelda: Breath of the Wild
1, 2, Switch
ARMS
Super Bomberman R
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Sonic Mania
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (base game+DLC campaigns)
Lego City Undercover
Snipperclips
I Am Setsuna
Has Been Heroes
Just Dance 2017

Some serious need of eShop titles there. Well, and indie titles too. It was a heavily-JP-focused presentation so I get not really having American indies showing up aside from Frozenbyte, but at least in america, indie titles are all that we have to bridge the gap, so... they'd better get on that.

it's not THE WORST launch lineup but it's just not super exciting outside of The Big Game. i really do want bomberman though, unless it's $60. ARMS is rumored to be $60 which.... woof. I think part of the issue with the launch lineup is just that Switch is launching in what is generally a quiet time for game releases. although at least they will not have to worry about supply issues when the holidays arrive.

but yeah, they need indies to step up. Devolver get on it girl

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

TFRazorsaw posted:

look at this game. so realistic. completely unfaithful to Mario's style.

that mariachi gonna gently caress up mario's poo poo :ese:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess the harlequin switch was pretty popular, that one by itself is sold out on Gamestop. Lots of bundles though. The grey one is still available.

Tangerines
Apr 25, 2016

For fucks sake. I just watched the new Zelda trailer and now I want to spend £320+ on a Switch and game. :suicide:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

That mario city screenshot was giving me Sonic '06 flashbacks.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MyStereoHasMono posted:

Bummer. Maybe with the time you'll save not buying/playing a new video game console priced within the industry standard for two decades, you can get a job.

Oh gently caress off with this poo poo. $370 isn't too much for an established product, which this system isn't.

"$370! Not for TREND. Not for CORPORATE ATTITUDE. Not for STONER. Only true DOOM-MURDER HEADS."

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

assuming more titles arent announced tomorrow (but some might because Nintendo is really bad about that), the launch WINDOW (ie spring) looks like this for now

Zelda: Breath of the Wild
1, 2, Switch
ARMS
Super Bomberman R
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Sonic Mania
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (base game+DLC campaigns)
Lego City Undercover
Snipperclips
I Am Setsuna
Has Been Heroes
Just Dance 2017

Some serious need of eShop titles there. Well, and indie titles too. It was a heavily-JP-focused presentation so I get not really having American indies showing up aside from Frozenbyte, but at least in america, indie titles are all that we have to bridge the gap, so... they'd better get on that.

it's not THE WORST launch lineup but it's just not super exciting outside of The Big Game. i really do want bomberman though, unless it's $60. ARMS is rumored to be $60 which.... woof. I think part of the issue with the launch lineup is just that Switch is launching in what is generally a quiet time for game releases. although at least they will not have to worry about supply issues when the holidays arrive.

That's still a HUGE improvement over both Wii consoles' launch windows.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Amazon seems like a total rush job. You click on Switch games and the page for it just says "Switch Title 8" or "Switch Title 9."

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MyStereoHasMono posted:

Yeah! gently caress that guy for not wanting to pay hundreds of dollars for obsolete hardware, he probably doesn't have a job!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
ARMS is going to be really good

Preemptive lol @ people who reflexively hate all motion control input even when it's good because they have only learned to use buttons and are afraid of change

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So the Master edition sold out in under 10 minutes on amazon? Of course.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
$470 suggested retail in Australia

I don't think I can justify it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The launch lineup could literally just be Breath of the Wild and it would still be an amazing launch :allears:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

So the Master edition sold out in under 10 minutes on amazon? Of course.

because it was 27 dollars cheaper than anywhere else. I wonder what that costs Amazon wholesale for them to be able to eat 27 dollars on each one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

ihatepants posted:

Master edition is back up on Gamestop and lets you complete checkout. I guess people cancelled their order since Amazon was cheaper with their prime discount and free shipping.

I went ahead and pre-ordered that one but is it the Switch Master version? http://www.gamestop.com/nes/games/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-wild-masters-edition/141917

• Locked thread