Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ausgoons, the Master's Edition for Breath of the Wild is up on EB Games. It's $189AU, for the version with the Master Sword statue. We aren't getting the statue-free version.

pfft.

I'm always going to be surprised by the price of games here, think I'd get used to it by now. I would've been okay with the console being ~$399 ozbux since that's the pretty much the going rate, but $470 seems a lil much. what's that extra $70 for even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

Big fan of feeling mysterious balls are we?

I can't believe what I'm seeing. I can't wait to get home and watch the actual reveal.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Japan is getting a new Harvest Moon, so that's probably on the radar.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the 1, 2 switch trailer/reveal is just funny as gently caress

real real stupid of them to not make it a pack in tho.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Infinitum posted:

4chan is the place for leaks these days

How on earth did a 4chan leak come true?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I love that people keep getting hyped up and then disappointed at Nintendo giving the same loving presentation for all their poo poo. For a company kept afloat by nostalgia, whole lot of people that don't remember their past history. Zelda as a launch title and the Joycons having cameras and 'HD rumble' and Suda announcing NMH3 was way more than I thought I'd get out of this thing.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I am sharing this with my friends that actually like sonic irl and they're really angry that I found it funny

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

1, 2 Switch looks pretty cool and I'll buy in 2018 when it's $1.99 at GameStop. I'm not sure about Arms though.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
Unfortunately, I'm not sold on the Switch for launch. It's a bit expensive for me in my present condition (especially when the Pro Controller is a must-buy for me), and Zelda, the only launch window game I'm really interested in, is still coming to Wii U, and same day too. It was originally designed for Wii U, and my second favorite game of all time, Perfect Dark, is a framerate shitshow, so I can suffer through that.

There's not much for me on the horizon either. Mario Kart looks good, but I've already played the Wii U version to death. Mario Odyssey looks good too, but Mario has never been a system seller for me. Generally, I need depth in my games.

I find Splatoon simplistic and repetitive, and I burned myself out on Skyrim. I also have no interest in party games, JRPGs, or FIFA.

I will eventually buy it for Pikmin 4 (as I did Wii U for Pikmin 3), IF Pikmin 4 exists (are we sure Pikmin 3DS isn't it?), and if it's REAL Pikmin (not a different genre). ATM, Yooka-Laylee is the only other definite purchase on my list, and I can wait for it. Smash port is an eventual possibility too, IF it has a LOT of new content. This may all seem excessively picky, but I'm not rich, and I like to really sink my teeth into games.

(DISCLAIMER: Nothing in the next paragraph has been announced, and a lot of it is pretty unlikely. It's my dream list.)

What else may pique my interest? Dark Souls port, certain Dreamcast and GameCube VC titles, Mother 3, new Wave Race/F-Zero/1080° developed by NIntendo's main teams, Eternal Darkness 2, and maybe Project CARS 2, if it runs well. Could be some other third-party stuff too, though who knows if it will make it to Switch?

Thankfully, I have a backlog, so not getting a new console before Q4 2017 doesn't bug me.

As for the system itself, it could be successful if backed by strong marketing. The Joy-Cons have a LOT of uses, and I think they are what is driving the premium price. Imagine casting spells and blocking hits in Skyrim (they'd BETTER include some Switch-exclusive features, seeing how it's coming out long after every other version), and dat HD Rumble...

The machine also looks very sleek and solid. It looks like a pricey tablet rather than a toy handheld. I can totally see non-gamers picking it up and asking the clerk stuff like "does this have 4G?" or "is this Android compatible?". :P

The paid online is risky. The existence of Xbox Live/PSN makes it ok, but it needs to have similar features or be really cheap.

A lot of technical/UI stuff was left unexplained in this presentation. A Direct before launch would be a really good idea to clear the air. Maybe tomorrow's Treehouse will provide?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

No external HDD?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

No Pocket Card Jockey Deluxe, no buy

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

SelenicMartian posted:

No external HDD?

There's USB ports (2 external, 1 behind the back cover) on the dock which is probably for that?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SelenicMartian posted:

No external HDD?

It's a portable you can hook up to your TV if you like, so no

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Suda 51's moment to shine!
*babbles incoherently*

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a portable you can hook up to your TV if you like, so no

A m.2 or u.2 slot would have been dope though.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Suda 51's moment to shine!
*babbles incoherently*

if you expected otherwise you don't know suda

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

if you expected otherwise you don't know suda

He was the best one at the presentation

Spellman
May 31, 2011

That Reggie skit was weird, man

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Ew at the lovely-rear end battery life.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Expect to get a portable battery for this thing.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Golden Goat posted:

Expect to get a portable battery for this thing.
Luckily it charges via USB-C so you can just use a regular USB battery pack. I already usually take one of those with me for trips to charge phones/tablets.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
So it's 4 in the morning, I haven't slept, don't want to pre-order online, and can't make it to a physical store for another 11-12 hours. How screwed am I on securing one of these on launch day with Zelda?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Terper posted:

finally, it is their time to shine

No amelia no adealia

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
The Japanese site makes it a little more clear that the monthly free game (games?) with the paid online service will change each month; that is, you'll lose access to the previous month's. Super lame.

E: posting just to make sure I'm not crazy.

quote:

発売当時にはなかったオンラインプレイにも対応させた、ファミコンやスーパーファミコンなどのソフトを、月替わりで1ヵ月制限なく遊ぶことができます。

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Modus Pwnens posted:

The Japanese site makes it a little more clear that the monthly free game (games?) with the paid online service will change each month; that is, you'll lose access to the previous month's. Super lame.

That is completely poo poo. One of the massive bonuses with paid online on PS4 is getting to keep a library of free games.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
Investors are worried...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-nintendo-switch-idUSKBN14X0D1

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Modus Pwnens posted:

drat, thought so. Thats lame as gently caress :\

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Pureauthor posted:

Ew at the lovely-rear end battery life.

poo poo's gonna drain like an iPhone.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How do you charge the Joy-Cons? Do they charge along with the screen unit if they're left plugged in to the dock?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

So it's 4 in the morning, I haven't slept, don't want to pre-order online, and can't make it to a physical store for another 11-12 hours. How screwed am I on securing one of these on launch day with Zelda?

youre already dead

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So what's coming out at launch aside from Zelda?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

much like the nintendo switch

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Modus Pwnens posted:

It will probably grow and evolve over time, but I'd guess it's incentive to keep people coming back to the Switch, at least monthly. I have a Wii U with great games collecting dust, but they're always something I'll "eventually get to". Having a couple free monthly exclusives is a cool way to demo games

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Modus Pwnens posted:

What kind of games is it? If it's semi-new releases that wouldn't be so bad, but if it's VC poo poo like NES/ SNES games then what the gently caress

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
I can't believe the weakness of features in the seventh Nintendo they called the Nintendo Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Apparently they're adding online play to some VC games.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would be. On paper it reads like Wii U Part 2: Electric you get the idea.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

Apparently they're adding online play to some VC games.

Crossing fingers for Dr. Mario 64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

turnways posted:

What kind of games is it? If it's semi-new releases that wouldn't be so bad, but if it's VC poo poo like NES/ SNES games then what the gently caress

im sorry

• Locked thread