Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rough Lobster posted:

Since Shmorky's come up a lot recently, remember when another artist plagiarized his work?

:pedo: :todd: :pedo:
https://www.somethingawful.com/news/todd-goliath-goldman/

A fight between a plagiarist and :aatrek:... Whoever wins, we lose.

I did find this screenshot funny where Todd outs Shmorky as a weirdo babyfur pee-pee fetishist back in '07.

Is a paedo not entitled to the piss of his diaper?
Is the screenshot real?

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 12:31 on Jan 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

From Mr awesome pants? Are the pants awesome because they are soiled

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
but seriously what is Felix Biederman's account name?

i just want him to kick me in the head and then hold me in his big strong arms

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

but seriously what is Felix Biederman's account name?

i just want him to kick me in the head and then hold me in his big strong arms

I don't think any of the sweet Chapo boys still post :(

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't think any of the sweet Chapo boys still post :(
of course not since they are podcast-famous now but ~what were there accounts~ bc i gotta know

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dillbag posted:

If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis.

Now I finally get that tweet by Lowtax.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jenner is pretty great.

The story starts in an e/n thread, where Jenner accuse the OP of sexual assault for grabbing his wife's boob in private without asking her first. This starts a multi-page long derail, and Jenner gets probated twice for continuing the derail after the mod tells her to stop.

After her probation ends, Jenner opens a thread in QCS asking what kind of community the mods want to foster on SA. It's very quickly revealed that she's just mad about the probations and think the mods are pro-rape because she got probated and the people making fun of her didn't.

The story ends in the second QCS thread Jenner made, What can be done about the doxxing? I don't want to give away the twist, it's fun to read the thread and see the responses, or lack thereof.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Guy Goodbody posted:

Jenner is pretty great.

The story starts in an e/n thread, where Jenner accuse the OP of sexual assault for grabbing his wife's boob in private without asking her first. This starts a multi-page long derail, and Jenner gets probated twice for continuing the derail after the mod tells her to stop.

After her probation ends, Jenner opens a thread in QCS asking what kind of community the mods want to foster on SA. It's very quickly revealed that she's just mad about the probations and think the mods are pro-rape because she got probated and the people making fun of her didn't.

The story ends in the second QCS thread Jenner made, What can be done about the doxxing? I don't want to give away the twist, it's fun to read the thread and see the responses, or lack thereof.

Can you just spoil the twist, that is a lot of posts to read.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Can you just spoil the twist, that is a lot of posts to read.

quote:

Thanks for replying.

I understand that you can't change what victims and targets have made public on the internet. And users should be careful not to post anything too personally identifying on the internet. But while you can't change the fact that I tweeted out that I'm actually permabanned poster niggerstomper58 and have been all along you can control people pulling content off Something Awful. With a little counter internet detective work it should be possible to find out who the users sharing posts and content from SA are and perma ban them. This doesn't take away the information they have, but it keeps them from getting more.

I know I am responsible for what is on the internet about me. This thread isn't for victim blaming, it's for helping people. I'd really appreciate any suggestions or recommendations from people, especially internet security experts, on how to limit the damage. Information on how to find out any identifying stuff a person has posted and clear it would also very be helpful. Finally, doxxing can lead to identity theft and victims and targets definitely want to prevent or counteract that. Is Life Lock a good solution? I've heard conflicting things.

If you don't have any information on how to help you can still help by just notifying someone if they're being targeted or if they've been doxxed and help them document evidence.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
gotta hand it to him, i never would have guessed it

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
That sounds like a joke. But from what I've seen of Jenner's posting I doubt she would make a joke that includes the N word so idk. Is there any evidence besides that post?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jenner might've been a previously permabanned poster but she definitely wasn't that permabanned poster.

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010
multiple ladygoons say they have met her IRL so i think it was just a joke that lowtax didn't get. check lady chat in BYOB

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wait is the actual act of "doxxing" illegal/immoral if it's just a centralization of information that is public or voluntarily given out by the person in the past? Or is doxxing when someone hacks and leaks info about you?
If it's the former then isn't that just some yellow books poo poo? Is it only wrong if someone acts on that information? Do victims of "swatting" usually get vindication/justice or do they just end up hosed? I guess there was that one example of super deadly forum drama (not on something awful) where there was some twisted partly unrequited love triangle, well I guess more like two mods/admins and a third creepy member who obsessed with one of them and murdered them. Not talhotblonde, it was in Europe and on some random video game forum I think

What if every forum and website required a Facebook login. Full transparency. I'd still be an rear end in a top hat. I am!

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Do victims of "swatting" usually get vindication/justice or do they just end up hosed?
as far as I'm aware there's been one or two cases of justice but usually the cops don't want to admit they could possibly make a mistake or be manipulated therefore the normal thing is to just end up hosed

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Look! A Horse! posted:

multiple ladygoons say they have met her IRL so i think it was just a joke that lowtax didn't get. check lady chat in BYOB

The Jenner thing is weird cause it fit perfectly with the longterm troll theory. I remember her having posts that were just blatantly ripped from feminist blogs and stuff and she's so over the top stereotypical with an extra dash of crazy. But I guess it turns out she is just legit that crazy?? The Kiwi doxx people still think she was running a long con goons are too stupid to understand and was even pretending in real life which uh... Yeah I really doubt that

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I did an LP episode with her and unless memetic permabanned goons are all girls who know way too much about Pokemon, she's not that guy.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't think anyone actually thought she was literally niggerstomper58, just that the was she phrased it was pretty much identical to when other people have broken serious posts by posting the NS58 screed partway through. Considering how dead serious and paranoid she came off for all her other recent posts it really read like she was breaking up a gimmick on purpose

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

am i having a loving stroke or is this all completely incomprehensible

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yes, and yes.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Something Awful has always been this bizarre, insane vortex of drama, sock puppets, and FYAD leaking everywhere. Better to just get some popcorn, enjoy the carnage, and not think about it too much.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I don't know what's going on but it's fascinating

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Better to just get some popcorn, enjoy the carnage, and not think about it too much.

to be fair this is advice applicable to basically everything ever

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not sure how the fact that ladythread posters met Jenner means she's not Niggerstomper58.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Wait is the actual act of "doxxing" illegal/immoral if it's just a centralization of information that is public or voluntarily given out by the person in the past? Or is doxxing when someone hacks and leaks info about you?

Doxxing is tying someone's online personal to their IRL info. It usually isn't done through hacking, but through obsessively crawling through post histories, social media links and personal info that, posted in the singular are irrelevant but then combined together can form a complete persona used to harass and intimidate someone.

It's privacy through obscurity. Doxxing may not be illegal but it's a really lovely thing to do to someone.

My SA life is pretty siloed from my real life but I know I've posted enough info over the last 10 years that someone with enough effort and obsession could comb over my entire post history and track down my name and probably my PO Box I use for everything if not my real address

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Guy Goodbody posted:

Jenner is pretty great.

The story starts in an e/n thread,

The story starts before that, Jenner had her own personal e/n thread about her fall into suicidal depression that she was in treatment for but it was not working. Nothing was working. It was incredibly sad. This went on for nearly half the year prior to her consent blow up, and is why e/n regulars in that thread are asking if she's on her meds or not.
Not that one has to be off meds to feel strongly about matters of consent, but holy poo poo even months later in the QCS thread she's STILL calling everyone who disagreed with her "men" despite multiple women blatantly identifying themselves as such and asking her wtf too.

NS58 or not I'm glad she's getting a break from here.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

FCKGW posted:

Doxxing is tying someone's online personal to their IRL info. It usually isn't done through hacking, but through obsessively crawling through post histories, social media links and personal info that, posted in the singular are irrelevant but then combined together can form a complete persona used to harass and intimidate someone.

It's privacy through obscurity. Doxxing may not be illegal but it's a really lovely thing to do to someone.

My SA life is pretty siloed from my real life but I know I've posted enough info over the last 10 years that someone with enough effort and obsession could comb over my entire post history and track down my name and probably my PO Box I use for everything if not my real address

That's a good explanation imo. For the vast majority of us, a dox probably wouldn't matter much because we're boring to the extent where it isn't worthwhile to do a one, but as far as simply re-sharing information that people have posted themselves, it is worth keeping in mind that some people are vulnerable and outing stuff like their sexuality, political leanings and other sensitive information is potentially harmful.

The privacy through obscurity is a nice way to put it, I thought.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i've been post post posting on these dusty rear end forums for over a decade and have no idea who any of these people are

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TenementFunster posted:

i've been post post posting on these dusty rear end forums for over a decade and have no idea who any of these people are

They are coming for you!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Think of all the people that posted they are gay. Omg

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TenementFunster posted:

niggerstomper58 is the writer on one of the best posts these forums have produced

quote:

im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “irony” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “friend of the family balls” and “i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of “ironic” style of fyad humor was all about; i think it’s the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who “get” fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There's a lot of weird poo poo happening on kiwi farms now, a star wars betamax and sid vicious are posting on there now along with a bunch of new castoffs from SA who liked the direction Lowtax was hinting the forums were going in and pissed that basically every other mod and admin disagreed.

This is a really bizarre time for something awful

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Aesop Poprock posted:

the direction Lowtax was hinting the forums were going in

the what?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Aesop Poprock posted:

There's a lot of weird poo poo happening on kiwi farms now, a star wars betamax and sid vicious are posting on there now along with a bunch of new castoffs from SA who liked the direction Lowtax was hinting the forums were going in and pissed that basically every other mod and admin disagreed.

This is a really bizarre time for something awful

Link to Sid plz

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

what new direction, I feel so out of the loop

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Burt Sexual posted:

Link to Sid plz

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/something-awful-and-friends.9689/page-175

Post #3487

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Aubergine Mage posted:

what new direction, I feel so out of the loop

Lowtax said we should be making more photoshops and produce more funny content in general, and to foster that, moderation should become more relaxed in some areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Lowtax said we should be making more photoshops and produce more funny content in general, and to foster that, moderation should become more relaxed in some areas.

He specifically used the site Kiwi Farms which is currently doxxing all of our mods/admins/trans people as an example of a good content creator because of the stuff they were doing regarding Shmorky and said words like tranny etc that are currently probatable would no longer be so and he stopped two mods/admins from closing the shmorky thread despite it turning into a bloated unfunny nightmare. In my opinion.

Basically the main site admins and most of the mods rebelled and black baby goku destroyed the thread with longcat and uh this is still pretty fresh I'm not even sure how much I'm allowed to talk about this if at all. I'm sure the narrative will change as things evolve that's just how I've seen it so far, it's been an insane mess and I'm not really sure what to make of it

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 05:33 on Jan 16, 2017