Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
it's like the new duke nukem forever lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
the hardest part will be porting barkley two to sensory buttplug computer after the pc is obsoleted due to age

randomcommoner
Sep 6, 2006
it's a-me
You guys should partner with the Thermidor devs for a joint release

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i am unironically excited for this game and it's the only one i'm looking forward to besides sonic mania.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

We're 4 years in and the first sprite sheet has been fully completed.

The promise has been made.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

no game, no game, you're the game

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Im thinking about them barks...

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
i have to admit the arg of barkley 2 is kinda long

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
remember that time they apologized for how terrible they are at keeping backers updated, promised more regular updates, poo poo out two of them and then never was heard from again

they got 2 posts into a 5-part series on gun's and couldn't even bother to finish. that was 8 months ago. i mean, what the gently caress, guys

Here's a weird fact: in the time since this Kickstarter went live, Frog Fractions was released, its sequel kickstarted, and then Frog Fractions 2 released

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

No its ok because they're being bad at updating ironically

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Will you shits just calm your loving tits and wait. Barkley 2 is coming and it will be amazing.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Node posted:

Will you shits just calm your loving tits and wait. Barkley 2 is coming and it will be amazing.
I'm looking forward to this game.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Node posted:

This but those updates were good and should keep happening.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

nothing more corporate attitude than taking the money and running

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Davoren posted:

nothing more corporate attitude than taking the money and running

I thought they ran out of kickstarter money and are working on the game in their free time now

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I thought they ran out of kickstarter money and are working on the game in their free time now

isn't it fun that we have to guess and theorize on this poo poo because they haven't told us anything

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SirPenguin posted:

isn't it fun that we have to guess and theorize on this poo poo because they haven't told us anything

I'm pretty sure that they did explicitly say that

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm pretty sure that they did explicitly say that

they did

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

yeah but then I couldn't make a corporate attitude joke

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

Yeah, fair enough, I was wrong on that. In my defense, it was basically a single throwaway sentence defending the fact they are releasing Pozzo in that one update

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

true doom murderheads aren't known for being patient

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol you got scammed out of 100,000+ USD and how dare you expect them to deliver.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Chef B is living the Twinkie lifestyle.
mods knew

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
They don't even read the thread, they've moved on with their lives. Great satire of the whole kickstarter thing.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Well we all know release dates aren't fixed so they may have to push it back from 2023.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
2023 is only 6 years away btw. its totally within reason that its pushed back

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
I like how they post updates here, on twitter, tumblr or twitch but drop nothing on the kickstarter. There's plenty of people there who assume the game died shortly after September 1st, 2016.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

FunMerrania posted:

I like how they post updates here, on twitter, tumblr or twitch but drop nothing on the kickstarter. There's plenty of people there who assume the game died shortly after September 1st, 2016.

Who would be getting info through Kickstarter but not also at one of those other places? Some kind of Kickstarter devotee that is otherwise phobic of social media? True Doom Murderheads just get information where we find it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Railing Kill posted:

Who would be getting info through Kickstarter but not also at one of those other places? Some kind of Kickstarter devotee that is otherwise phobic of social media? True Doom Murderheads just get information where we find it.
Kickstarter sends you an email, those other three sites require more work to get an email summarizing Barkley 2. That's my excuse :shobon:

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

FunMerrania posted:

I like how they post updates here

They do? :confused:

Or do you mean Frankie, I'm not sure he's an official member of ToG

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm an official member of TOG and I'm here to tell you that the game is progressing smoothly. Here is a gameplay video of the latest build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiNbl2hZIsw

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

isn't Frankies self-inflicted gun's purgatory almost over anyway? Maybe he can sell the sprites when he's done

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Railing Kill posted:

I'm already checking Kickstarter for my other failed pledges. It's nice to have all the disappointment in one convenient place.

BUTTERWORBS
Oct 16, 2002

FunMerrania posted:

yeah, all the updates flying around, its getting overwhelming. i feel bad for those left out on the kickstarter page, the ones who cant see all the updates about this game's progress

Khorne
May 1, 2002

BUTTERWORBS posted:

yeah, all the updates flying around, its getting overwhelming. i feel bad for those left out on the kickstarter page, the ones who cant see all the updates about this game's progress
I can't see the kickstarter page because I donated through paypal. And they never email me. In fact, when the game comes out I question whether I'll get the key I pledged for or not. :(

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

My brother got me a preorder of this game as a Christmas present and he must be really sad that he gave the most disappointing gift of all time

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Philip Rivers posted:

My brother got me a preorder of this game as a Christmas present and he must be really sad that he gave the most disappointing gift of all time

You'll be thanking your brother and owing Tales of Game's an apology for your attitude.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

love barkley. but i repeat myself

SqueePower
May 25, 2006
tube
Soiled Meat

Khorne posted:

In fact, when the game comes out I question whether I'll get the key I pledged for or not. :(

I doubt you'll have to worry about that since the game will not come out.

code:
BARKLEY                                                                BARKLEY
IS                                                                >    IS NOT
REAL                                                                   REAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

SqueePower posted:

code:
     BARKLEY                                                           BARKLEY