Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The joycons look tiny even in tiny Japanese hands, I can't imagine using one side as a controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

well why not posted:

We kinda got spoiled with Wii Sports, that was a pretty big game for free. Amazing move by Nintendo, I wish they'd keep it going like that.

Nintendoland was a pack-in too, right? Not quite the same level of global appeal as Wii Sports, but still a pretty good general audience game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ethanol posted:

Please tell me more why Nintendo has no games and it's ok

Oh ello :)

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

JordanKai posted:

Nintendoland was a pack-in too, right? Not quite the same level of global appeal as Wii Sports, but still a pretty good general audience game.

It was packed into the deluxe kit which was $50 more.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Infinitum posted:

EBGames (Gamestop in Australia) just announced console pricing

$470AUD (350USD)
:suicide:

They must have let us pre-order early because they knew they needed to trick us into it before the price was revealed.

I guess I'll have to cancel mine now and wait until the cost drops and that awesome looking Mario game is released.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

JordanKai posted:

Yeah, I really liked Nintendoland. It was a pretty decent party game and it helped explain what the gently caress the WiiU was. I wish they made some DLC for that honestly, I would've been all over that.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I think ARMS is gonna turn out to be really fun :shrug: Splatoon got the same "what the hell is this weird poo poo" when it was first shown too. Hoping the TreeHouse shows more of it today cause I'm getting some big Punch Out vibes from it

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Little Mac posted:

It has analogue triggers.

Source? Because it'd be the first time for Nintendo system to have them and it's be a large change from their way of doing things in driving games for example

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
I'm excited to play this video games machine and think it looks good and fun. I'm even excited for Farm Simulator 17, my son and I love those games on iOS, should be way better on the Switch.

Am I doing something wrong here?!

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I would have been happy to pay 399 aud but yeah definitely not paying that much, still got plenty of 3ds games to play

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
9 mins left to canada pre-order. steel thyselves!!!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I thought the GameCube had them though?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably gonna skip out on this Nintendo console.

Pay for an online infrastructure that is still lagging behind the 360/PS3-era. Their "free games" gimmick is a glorified 1 month rental of (S)NES games. Still charging a butt for a ethernet adapter and then the nice little cherry is a smart phone app for lobby/party/voice features that once again were baked into the 360/PS3 generation.

1-2-Switch looking like a $10 stand alone game or a bundled with the console game but actually being 50$ is just bullshit.

What a poo poo show

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
*offers my blood to reggie*

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Suspicious Cook posted:

It's nice of Nintendo to release Breath of the Wild on Wii U on the same day. It's like their version of Microsoft's E3 conference where they just straight up said, "Everything is also on Windows 10, so don't buy an Xbox."

That is really cool of Nintendo since Zelda is the only game I'll ever want to play on the Switch. I guess I'll buy a Wii U for $100 in a year to play Zelda and mess around with Mario Maker.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Just realized they didn't announce trophies but they did announce paid online

Just lol Nintendo, at least copy the good stuff with the bad while you're at it

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/819766044311089152

80 Titles. There were about 100 released for Wii U in the US.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Yeah, the GC had analog triggers.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

well why not posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/819766044311089152

80 Titles. There were about 100 released for Wii U in the US.

The better comparison would be how many titles were in development for the Wii U before all the third parties abandoned ship.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Zelda at launch, ARMS looks fantastic and apparently comes soon after, open world Mario that winter, and eventually SMT5! Plus Puyo Puyo Tetris and new Bomberman. It looks good to me.

It's a shame about the online subscription fee, though. That was the low point for me.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I think ARMS is gonna turn out to be really fun :shrug: Splatoon got the same "what the hell is this weird poo poo" when it was first shown too. Hoping the TreeHouse shows more of it today cause I'm getting some big Punch Out vibes from it

Arms looks really cool. It's like a combination of Punch-Out and Virtual-On I never knew I wanted. I hope it's not too sparse on content, though. The trailer didn't show much in that regard.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Does anywhere in the US still have the Switch available for preorder and also might actually deliver on time? Like, Target still has availability, but their delivery options are either March 5-8 or March 2 (which seems wrong), and I'm ever so slightly paranoid that that means they're not actually necessarily going to deliver on time. That, and the closest to on-time shipping is expensive as hell. GameStop lets me add a Switch to my cart but says it isn't available when I go to checkout.

Target seems to have the red/blue one, too, which is extra tempting.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 13, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Probably true. Intersting to see if they can keep the momentum of the Switch going. They need to start advertising hard right away. Good thing they have Pokemon Go and Mario Run as ad platforms now.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

I also got slight Wind Jammers vibes from it, which can't be a bad thing.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Nickoten posted:

ARMS looks fantastic

I get being excited about the new Nintendo but come the gently caress on

Also I just realized 1 2 Switch would have been a loving must buy if they had made it a Wario Ware title instead. RIP the best franchise

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

JordanKai posted:

Arms looks really cool. It's like a combination of Punch-Out and Virtual-On I never knew I wanted. I hope it's not too sparse on content, though. The trailer didn't show much in that regard.

The various single player enemies all looked really weird and should be gimmicky and fun.

Also the twitter says you can customize your arms seperately so like i guess having one hand be a faster jabber and the other be for landing bigger hits??? I dunno! I will prolly buy it

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ARMS will do business, remember how important Wii Boxing was?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
15 seconds!!!

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Katana Gomai posted:

I get being excited about the new Nintendo but come the gently caress on

Also I just realized 1 2 Switch would have been a loving must buy if they had made it a Wario Ware title instead. RIP the best franchise

Come the gently caress on about what? It looks like a really fun game.

Edit: I was actually more impressed with it than what they showed of Mario (though I'm pretty excited about that too).

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
PRE ORDER FOR RPIME MEBERS ONLY START YOUR TRIAL DAWGS

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I hate motion control but people loving love to wave their arms about. It's a wii boxing upgrade that'll make bank if they can explain what it is.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Zelda, Arms, Spla2oon, Mario. I'll buy a damned Switch and play the poo poo out of it

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah got my pre-order in!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Pre-ordered. :stare: First Nintendo since the SNES, maybe.

...and it's sold out within 2 minutes in Canada. edit: no it isn't, amazon is throttling the order page or something.

Any sign of the pro controller in Canada?

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jan 13, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Pre-ordered. :stare: First Nintendo since the SNES, maybe.

Any sign of the pro controller in Canada?

Grats buddy!

Yeah it was listed on the canadian site, so it'll be here. Should take azmon another few hours to add all the games/accessories under a new heading I bet.

E: console swaps between avaiklable and unavailable everytime i refresh so maybe they are drip feeding it?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Nintendo Treehouse is now LIVE

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Nickoten posted:

Come the gently caress on about what? It looks like a really fun game.

I dunno, I love me some fighting games but I hardly ever consider them to be worth full price (something like Soul Calibur 2 maybe, due to its adventure mode) and althought they said the game would have depth, content and replayability, all they really showed was the kind of waggle fighting we already had since the original Wii Sports. Even Splatoon was only $40 and they're asking $60 for this.

well why not posted:

I hate motion control but people loving love to wave their arms about. It's a wii boxing upgrade that'll make bank if they can explain what it is.

Fairly certain Wii Sports was a success mostly due to bowling and maybe tennis, and also because it was a loving pack-in for a $250 console. I doubt very many people asked for an upgrade to loving boxing.

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jan 13, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
That prime only for preorders really threw me but luckily they make all the buttons you need to click yellow haha

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Trip Report: zero people in line at Gamestop an hour from opening. 21 units available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I don't think I'm gonna be able to get a preorder :negative: I have to work all day so I'm limited to online preorders and they all seem either sold out or the shipping's like $50 extra.

• Locked thread