Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
So as my avatar indicates I post a lot about sports here and elsehwere and while it isn't a thing on SA on a lot of sports sites people who think they are a lot smarter than they actually are will dump a bunch of data in to excel, spend 15 minutes messing around with it and then make big effortposts about their "statistical analysis" and what it proves. When really all they did was find an average at best, or totally misapply basic principles of statistics at worst.

Mook and the rest of Hillary's team were basically guys posting on Rivals about how if you look close enough you'll find that the backup QB really is the best player in the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
did hillary lose because she didn't have yard signs, or was the lack of enthusiasm which lead to her loss evidenced by the lack of yard sign placement...

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

GalacticAcid posted:

I mean at least the centrist Dems would protect the loving voting rights act

To be honest I'm extremely demoralized about turning things around the more I think about how easy it will be for GOP-controlled states to minimize votes and perpetuate their own power
modern dems would only protect the voting rights act b/c it helps them in elections

in a situation where voter disenfranchisement might hurt them, they don't care (e.g. the arizona democratic primaries)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

docbeard posted:

It's very important that we focus on our greatest enemies, the people who almost but not quite agree with us.
actually they are incredibly in opposition to american workers in general

evidence: the obama and clinton administrations

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Bill Clinton declared Big Government was dead in the 1990's.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/819744323688394752?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
gotta make big pharma happy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

and wall st

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
you guys are going to be falling over eachother to blow booker in 2020 and repost lovely booker memes and scream at anyone who opposes him left or right so :shrug:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
cant waitt to call someone racist for not liking booker

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Darkman Fanpage posted:

cant waitt to call someone racist for not liking booker

Same but homophobic.

Then chastise them for perpetuating a baseless rumor.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Baloogan posted:

you guys are going to be falling over eachother to blow booker in 2020 and repost lovely booker memes and scream at anyone who opposes him left or right so :shrug:

Somebody's marjoram this morning.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

You finally get it

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Somebody's marjoram this morning.

They seem more paprika to me.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
wait cory booker is gay??? hory poo poo!!! hes the liberal golden child!!! GAy AND BlaCk!!!!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
now if only he were a woman....

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
and hates america oh wait thats a given

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Darkman Fanpage posted:

wait cory booker is gay??? hory poo poo!!! hes the liberal golden child!!! GAy AND BlaCk!!!!

His meme potential is pretty low though...

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Baloogan posted:

and hates america oh wait thats a given

whats more american than bending over backwards for monied interests?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Like I said, it's a rumor started because he keeps his personal life private. He says he's straight, though.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

MizPiz posted:

Like I said, it's a rumor started because he keeps his personal life private. He says he's straight, though.

He has a big computer that will tell him when he can strategically leverage being gay to seize a statistically significant news cycle

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
democrat but in te closet becuz it mught actiually be bad, politically. what a life.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

MaxxBot posted:

On a somewhat related note, if you want to hate the Democrats even more than you do now read about how they handled AIDS in the 80s.
triggered....

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yardsign breakdown for NH ordered from most seen to least seen during General Election season:

Trump
Hillary
Johnson (an unsurprising amount of these)
Bernie
Stein (one sign off of exit 20 in Laconia)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

He has a big computer that will tell him when he can strategically leverage being gay to seize a statistically significant news cycle

Yeah Cory Booker seems like an incredibly lovely "truth is in the middle" combination of Clinton's wonkery and Obama's charisma.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I really hate the idea that just because a guy is single people are being all 'hur hur queer am I right' still.

That said if he IS closeted I'm 100% sure he wants to plan his coming out for optimum political gains and absolutely has a few scenarios planned out for that.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Cory Booker isn't gay, he's asexual.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
using ur gayness for political clout is bad and not what equality for homosexuals is abput

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I'm glad to see that Cory "bain capital is cool and good" Booker is getting flack for being such a corporate whore

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

I'm glad to see that Cory "bain capital is cool and good" Booker is getting flack for being such a corporate whore

yeah from us. hes still gonna be the golden boy of the centrists

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I really hate the idea that just because a guy is single people are being all 'hur hur queer am I right' still.

That said if he IS closeted I'm 100% sure he wants to plan his coming out for optimum political gains and absolutely has a few scenarios planned out for that.

2020: Senator Booker, you claim to stand up for working American's but in the senate you've repeatedly voted in favor of financial and pharmaceutical industries. Why should the democratic party nominate you for president?

Booker: I like dudes ya'll!

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

yeah from us. hes still gonna be the golden boy of the centrists

I have a feeling he's going to keep doing stupid poo poo

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

deadgoon posted:

did hillary lose because she didn't have yard signs, or was the lack of enthusiasm which lead to her loss evidenced by the lack of yard sign placement...

Yes

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Nastier Nate posted:

2020: Senator Booker, you claim to stand up for working American's but in the senate you've repeatedly voted in favor of financial and pharmaceutical industries. Why should the democratic party nominate you for president?

Booker: I like dudes ya'll!

Lol, then AG Sessions will have him arrested for breaking the recently passed morality laws.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Darkman Fanpage posted:

using ur gayness for political clout is bad and not what equality for homosexuals is abput

You're supposed to use it as a defense when people ask you why you're looting teacher pensions and hanging out with charter school owners, obv

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tatum Girlparts posted:

all good poo poo, bolded the stuff that will be especially good poo poo.

Interesting that you support "maintaining database of LQBT" people...

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

Agree, a trans-panic being a legal murder defense is less of an issue than Billy Joe Bob's heroin addiction.

Hmm, one is an urban legend, the other is a verifiable social pandemic?

I wonder which one is more important?

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

booker was elected in 2012 so primarying him in 2018 would be a good way to hobble his presidential campaign early on

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Baloogan posted:

Nah the hilshills have mostly avoided c-spam since their terrible, very bad, worthless candidate lost. Though I'm sure people like them will support booker soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

deadgoon posted:

We put out tons of yard signs for Clinton. How long they lasted with the Trump people around was another issue.

• Locked thread