Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
New Monster Factory!

YouTube linking on mobile sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Asiina posted:

New Monster Factory!

YouTube linking on mobile sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUxrJhIHnU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh man Champions Online, AKA "City of Heroes is dead, but we're cool right? Right????"

I totally forgot that game exists but yea, that'd be great for this stuff.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
God, Monster Factory really is the best series.

I'm in tears.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Oh this is a goooooooood one

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
this is an all time greatest MF, holy poo poo. the boyz came back HOT

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

That TAZ was both fun and boring. It feels like they've been doing it for so long but it's only been what, 3 episodes? So I was almost done with it but the part at the end was cool enough that I'm back in. I still think Griffin says "sort of" too much when he describes things and I can't stop noticing it and it really is starting to make me enjoy it less, even though in reality it's a non-issue.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

myron cope posted:

That TAZ was both fun and boring. It feels like they've been doing it for so long but it's only been what, 3 episodes? So I was almost done with it but the part at the end was cool enough that I'm back in. I still think Griffin says "sort of" too much when he describes things and I can't stop noticing it and it really is starting to make me enjoy it less, even though in reality it's a non-issue.

I think they had a little trouble getting back in the groove at first. For example I noticed both Travis and Justin saying things to Clint during that scene that they probably should have said in character (like the stuff about his lovely behavior toward his ex and the fact that he never used his hand axe), and also I kinda thought they should have acted at least a LITTLE distressed at losing the stuff they lost. But the second half really did pick up, and I was really impressed with how Travis and Justin and Griffin all managed to seamlessly integrate each other's character choices into the last scene. I wonder how that game was intended to play out?

They really do need to start questioning Cam's motivations though, geez

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

myron cope posted:

I hate when that happens. I've been noticing little quirks like that in people's speech patterns when watching AGDQ this week and it's a bummer. Stuff like "you know", "basically", "like" and of course the dreaded "um"

The last 24 hours have been kind to Griffin McElroy fans. TAZ owns, Car Boys owns, Monster Factory owns. Bring on the Coolgames.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

timp posted:

I hate when that happens. I've been noticing little quirks like that in people's speech patterns when watching AGDQ this week and it's a bummer. Stuff like "you know", "basically", "like" and of course the dreaded "um"

The last 24 hours have been kind to Griffin McElroy fans. TAZ owns, Car Boys owns, Monster Factory owns. Bring on the Coolgames.

I've noticed I begin a lot of sentences with "yeah" and so I drive myself crazy.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Mods please change my name to Hot Topic Toilet Mistake.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

I'm glad Clint has been making more appearances in his sons' videos

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

He fell in a vat of everything

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I started just about sweating when I saw that it was almost the end of the video and they hadn't scored Knife Dad yet and saw what was coming.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I really want to see someone try to make fan art of this monstrosity.

Or even better yet, an actual costume.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/820058614257819648

That's quality customer service

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's a fuckin' zag if I ever saw one. Makes me wanna play Champeens Online.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

"Shanks for reaching out":golfclap:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I like the trend of the multi-part MF. It lets us really get attached to these hosed up digital freaks and also gives us more quality content because I'm sure they're going to run out of good games to use at some point.

E: I also love when they use online games. The Ark one is one of the best.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Whitey posted:

E: I also love when they use online games. The Ark one is one of the best.

I THINK DOGS SHOULD BE ABLE TO VOTE

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
E: double post

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I want them to go back to Sims 3 and make the house full of boys they should have made in the first place.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've only recently stumbled into this entire strange MacElroy podcast conglomerate... thing (I'd been listening to Sawbones since the summer but while I was aware that Justin was in more stuff I didn't know it was this much more stuff) and to make a long story short I've heard the word 'boy' more in the last month than I have in probably my entire life thus far.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

The McElroy Family Podcasting Empire: An Entire Enterprise Built on the Word "Boy"

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

YggiDee posted:

I've only recently stumbled into this entire strange MacElroy podcast conglomerate... thing (I'd been listening to Sawbones since the summer but while I was aware that Justin was in more stuff I didn't know it was this much more stuff) and to make a long story short I've heard the word 'boy' more in the last month than I have in probably my entire life thus far.

How did you hit sawbones without bumping into these boys first? We're you just looking up medical podcasts?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I can't remember exactly, someone I followed on Tumblr was talking about trepanation and I got linked to Sawbones because 'weird medical history' is pretty much my jam. And I ignored the ads to the other podcasts because I have so many goddamn podcasts to catch up on as it is.
Then people on Twitter got really excited because Lin-Manuel Miranda was doing a bicycle horn thing during the Tony Awards but it was a secret podcast handshake? Then someone I was following on Tumblr started getting really excited for The Adventure Zone. Finally I was visiting my brother for the holidays and he turned on 100 Foot Robot Golf and I heard the commentary and kinda went :catstare: I know these jerks and it was clearly some kind of divine message.

I think the last straw was actually when I got linked to a clip about eating flowers and I finally decided to go for it.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
how long do you think until we see the first AAA-title with a character creation system specifically CATERED towards Monster Factory?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
There's so much in the McElroy empire that it's easy to go for a while without seeing the whole picture. At different times I listened to a couple episodes of Losing the Sheen, the Modelland arc of Satellite Dish, an episode of Sawbones, and the Mass Effect episode of Monster Factory without ever realizing the connective tissue. I had heard of MBMBAM but never got around to listening to it or knowing who was involved, and it took getting into TAZ to see how these million things I knew were all the same people.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The official alignment chart of TAZ.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I haven't picked up saying "boy" but "my dude" has become part of my regular vocabulary.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Waffleman_ posted:

The official alignment chart of TAZ.

Where would a rowdy, dirty boy fall on this scale?

Asiina posted:

I haven't picked up saying "boy" but "my dude" has become part of my regular vocabulary.

I don't know how often they say it, but I'm pretty sure I got "friendo" from the McElroys.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This week's CoolGames Inc. idea is my suggestion. :cool:.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Is this MMO they're playing any good? I got to give respect to something that apparently lets my character be a bug man.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Gotta be honest, I think I liked most of those randomly generated characters more than Knife Dad. It's always bittersweet when another line of work becomes obsolete thanks to automation, but you can't argue with the precision results of a machine designed to make the monsterest men this world has ever seen. It's even right there in the title.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Mikedawson posted:

Is this MMO they're playing any good? I got to give respect to something that apparently lets my character be a bug man.

It's very.. MMO. Roll around pressing 1-9 on random groups of enemies. If you've played any post-WoW MMO, you've played Champions.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

that dude creator is amazing tho. I wanna make a guy in a suit w a huge mantis head.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

well why not posted:

that dude creator is amazing tho. I wanna make a guy in a suit w a huge mantis head.

We need someone to merge this dude creator with the WWE 2K16 head monstrosity creator. I think that's the series finale of Monster Factory

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

SpacePig posted:

Where would a rowdy, dirty boy fall on this scale?

The precise opposite of a space-faring kiss boy.

And "goof" has wormed its way into the vocabulary of myself and even my friends/coworkers.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I didn't think that Monster Factory would be able to get much mileage out of a old second-rate MMO, but holy poo poo did it deliver

I need fanart of Knife Dad so badly

e: I also now use "goof" as shorthand for "extended improvised joke"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I haven't seen the video yet, but god drat. Champions Online was a big part of college for me.

A good RP group will make any game fun.