Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
hc is garbage and always will be, classic mode in bf4 was legit good but that pretty much means we'll never see it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
:nono:

Hardcore owns, wish it still had the minimap though

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shout out to those German (?) bois that ran fun wagon with me. I hope you weren't talking poo poo about me in your insane language

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Hardcore is only good for dumping on kids with the Kolibri.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
I dunno. Just played a few rounds of hardcore. I liked it ok.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Hardcore is the prettiest, i wish there was even less HUD

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
The first time I played hardcore a scout team killed me and then t-bagged me. Knowing that I was on his team.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You better believe I would love a no hud hardcore historic weapons only

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Chemmy posted:

Hardcore is only good for dumping on kids with the Kolibri.

I didn't even think of this. Should help me get this Kolibri service star quicker. Thanks.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

frank.club posted:

You better believe I would love a no hud hardcore historic weapons only

there's the standard issue rifle mode on pc where everyone get a stock bolt action but im not sure if or when its coming to consoles

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I feel like my bomber accuracy would increase if the little left d-pad eye thing worked for me at all. That's supposed to give you the bombadier's view from the bottom of the plane with a little reticle, right?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Only works in 1st person.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pleads posted:

I feel like my bomber accuracy would increase if the little left d-pad eye thing worked for me at all. That's supposed to give you the bombadier's view from the bottom of the plane with a little reticle, right?

The way it works is if you're in first person mode and have the bombs equipped then aiming brings up the bomb sights. Pressing the d-pad eye while you're aiming down the sight will automatically dorito spot any enemies you see

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Pressing the d-pad eye while you're aiming down the sight will automatically dorito spot any enemies you see

WHAT :stare:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

I know right? Wish it were on all the bomber loadouts. But it's only on Barrage.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
do you guys ever splurge on Superior battlepacks or do you just spend your scraps on the 200 ones?

I want the Edelweiss but I already got the gold skin for m1912 pistol (Habsburg or whatever) twice :(

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

mellowjournalism posted:

do you guys ever splurge on Superior battlepacks or do you just spend your scraps on the 200 ones?

I want the Edelweiss but I already got the gold skin for m1912 pistol (Habsburg or whatever) twice :(

I saved up 5000 scrap until I saw a SMLE skin I wanted, bought five superior packs trying to get it and got the same pistol skin five times in a row thus cementing my position of gently caress random loot forever.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I don't really pay attention to the skins, I save legendaries if they appear and I don't already have them and the rest gets scrapped for the 900 ones. Then, usually, that gets scrapped. I was waiting for the giant knife puzzle pieces but I got the club a few days back and I like it so now I don't really care about the packs.

I guess the medals come back around because I haven't chosen one in a very long time but then, suddenly, I'm "trying" for the horse one which I'm pretty sure I had chosen a long time ago. Still not worried about it, though, I just can't be bothered.

The warbonds thing is so dumb, having bought everything by level 70/71 what is the point of even having that poo poo? It's maxxed at 1800 and it just annoys me every time I see it, why aren't the (almost equally useless) battlepacks available to be bought for them? WHY :dice: WHY??

Hell, let us poor plebs buy the cool kids' stuff like Lawrence's SMLE or something for 33,000 daddy warbux.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo I was top in my squad and had a positive K/d for like, the first time ever.

Operations is pretty fun if you have a whole hour to play it.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Barometer posted:

I don't really pay attention to the skins, I save legendaries if they appear and I don't already have them and the rest gets scrapped for the 900 ones. Then, usually, that gets scrapped. I was waiting for the giant knife puzzle pieces but I got the club a few days back and I like it so now I don't really care about the packs.

I guess the medals come back around because I haven't chosen one in a very long time but then, suddenly, I'm "trying" for the horse one which I'm pretty sure I had chosen a long time ago. Still not worried about it, though, I just can't be bothered.

The warbonds thing is so dumb, having bought everything by level 70/71 what is the point of even having that poo poo? It's maxxed at 1800 and it just annoys me every time I see it, why aren't the (almost equally useless) battlepacks available to be bought for them? WHY :dice: WHY??

Hell, let us poor plebs buy the cool kids' stuff like Lawrence's SMLE or something for 33,000 daddy warbux.

I'm fairly certain they give you just enough warbonds to buy everything. I'm not pilot/tanker rank 10 and I don't have all the vehicle combos but if you unlock all of that you should have no warbonds left

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Barometer posted:

Also because everyone would spend their wabonds on sick skins and then bitch and whine that they can't unlock the Kolibri because they don't have any money left.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Skins and customization are only cool when you have to do something to get an item. Things like X service stars or finishing a medal or assignment should grant skins. Handing out random chances via a randomly accruing currency is not interesting or motivating.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Live At Five! posted:

I'm fairly certain they give you just enough warbonds to buy everything. I'm not pilot/tanker rank 10 and I don't have all the vehicle combos but if you unlock all of that you should have no warbonds left

Oh, I had no idea. I don't really use vehicles in this game, it seems like I'm always meeting a million rocket guns and anti-tank nades when I try to tank/arty truck. Thanks for the info, now at least I understand why I'm at that particular number.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I'm not sure on that but it makes most sense. But of course it could be totally random because DICE

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Wrecking an armored car will never not be hilarious - especially when it's bounding over a hill/dune.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
sorry Nick, looks like Xbox live is hosed up. Hopefully you were able to recover my arty truck.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
shout out to the guys with who I just glimpsed the face of God

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
It was me, I glimpsed. And died so many, many times as I am not worthy.

Shouts to Chatty Cathy goons.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good thing i've never revealed my posting name in party chat

E: due to goofs I failed to capture any of the perfect battle symbiosis, the weapon to surpass metal gear.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 13, 2017

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
So, it turns out that I am somewhat better at Hardcore than I am at regular core (softcore?).

I'm not great by any means, but so far I've gone from being a backmarker to consistently in the middle of the scoreboard. Even managed a positive K/D once.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

frank.club posted:

good thing i've never revealed my posting name in party chat

E: due to goofs I failed to capture any of the perfect battle symbiosis, the weapon to surpass metal gear.

I got a cap of my participation, there's a nice thirty second chunk of flametruck that I'll edit and upload tomorrow

Laminator
Jan 18, 2004

You up for some serious plastic surgery?
Anyone else kinda sick of DICE slobbering all over YouTube celebrities' opinions of the game? Like I don't give a poo poo about what JackFrags has to say about this game, or that LevelCap thinks that grenades explode too easily and the game is for "casuals." Why the hell should these people be given such a loud voice in how the game may be modified?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

That but paying attention to what snipers want.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Laminator posted:

Anyone else kinda sick of DICE slobbering all over YouTube celebrities' opinions of the game? Like I don't give a poo poo about what JackFrags has to say about this game, or that LevelCap thinks that grenades explode too easily and the game is for "casuals." Why the hell should these people be given such a loud voice in how the game may be modified?

Cynical answer to any and every question about games is because people who play them are stupid, easily led, and have money to burn.

Pskrew I am around all weekend, let's light it up. Fartytruck roll out

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Laminator posted:

The worst part of those guys being listened to is they are all PC players, and mouse aiming is such loving easy mode that their opinions mess up the balance for a game that is much better on console. I like not dying to pixel perfect headshots from a pistol from across the map because someone has expert muscle memory thanks to their data entry job at the local Amazon warehouse.

PC gaming is poo poo. Also, those twats always have text chat and kill-logs turned on, and often a FOV setting so high it looks like a 90's skate video.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Parkingtigers posted:

often a FOV setting so high it looks like a 90's skate video.

correct.
the judges would have also accepted "Beastie Boys video"

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Finally got my headset situation worked out so looking forward to playing with goons again. Sorry for everyone who had to deal with my busted mic!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Tiny FOVs is why you see friends and enemies walking right loving past each other constantly. I upped that poo poo a whole bunch. The default is hilariously low.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

BC2 is up for back compat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Snak posted:

Tiny FOVs is why you see friends and enemies walking right loving past each other constantly. I upped that poo poo a whole bunch. The default is hilariously low.

How does upping it affect performance?