Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
They imply more stuff to be announced for this update so I'm optimistic. Give me Prime Northstar and Ronin!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I am just the least interested I could be for another game with a MLG No Respawn mode. If I want to be stuck as a pilot and not be able to respawn I'd play CS:GO or R6 Siege.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I'm absolutely not interested in it, either. But they are basically adding CTF back into the game, which is cool.

Again, it really smells like they are probing for an E-Sport/indulging some EA exec.

Probably the thing to lead with was more Prime Titans, honestly. Everbody loves them, even people who don't buy them.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I see zip-lines!

and woah, that UI for picking game modes is way, way better.

I just wish they were adding more maps to the regular modes.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Yeah the update is pretty underwhelming but the whole mix tape matchmaking update is a really good addition. I wish they at least added one more additional regular map.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Give me Titan OS Packs.Take all my money. I want DEUTSCHE TITANEN.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
At least let us change the language of the voice overs like you can on PC. I want all of my faction leaders and Titans speaking in Japanese.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Inspector Hound posted:

I've been playing on mute almost this whole time because of babyfall, but i just put some headphones on this morning and found out Ronin has a British accent. He even said "A friendly titan has bean destroyed. An unfortunate loss." I like the Jarvis vibe I got but I still want the voice to be Kriegers hologram princess from Archer (she should also be on a cockpit screen down in the corner reacting to you or acting out what you're doing).

He's definitely japanese...but he was educated in the west. :D

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Turns out a lot of these Bad Maps like Trash Site and Complex have big-time Grapple shortcuts in them.

https://clips.twitch.tv/itsethereal/PoorBeaverShazBotstix

You don't need the grapple hook to use that, just jump up the wall and run across.

Magnus Condomus posted:

I don't know, the main problem with Pilots V Pilots, other than the lack of titans, is that the maps are too drat big for it. So having a smaller more focused PVP mode seems like it'll be fine for all 60 of the people who want to play PVP.

Always be stimming.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Yeah I saw that Japanese titanfall 2 clip and definitely want my titans speaking Japanese now.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Ularg posted:

At least let us change the language of the voice overs like you can on PC. I want all of my faction leaders and Titans speaking in Japanese.

Is there a way to change that? I haven't found one on PC. Elaborate, please.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Making "mixtape" actually put you into different modes instead of having a Mixtape playlist with a segregated population is how it should have been from the start, and a huge step towards ensuring the less-played game modes get players. It's a huge change, assuming that's how it actually ends up working.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love elimination modes so I'll give Blind Fire a fair shake, even though imo anything without Titans is sort of pointless.

Anyone else run into the TF2 blind boxes? Saw one at the store today and I'm now the proud owner of an overpriced, tiny die cast CAR :v:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Elimination sounds cool, just don't remove your helmet during a live fire exercise.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

No info on new prime titans/camos in the DLC? Someone said earlier that they need DLC helmets and I could not agree more.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Is there a way to change that? I haven't found one on PC. Elaborate, please.

I don't know how, I'm on a ps4. Google shows this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1331243

Sound mod for Titanfall 2, not sure if it will get you in trouble. Someone also mentioned just switching what language your console or origin uses will also make this change automatically.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Ularg posted:

I don't know how, I'm on a ps4. Google shows this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1331243

Sound mod for Titanfall 2, not sure if it will get you in trouble. Someone also mentioned just switching what language your console or origin uses will also make this change automatically.

Thanks, this works for the EU Languages at least, but the mod is sadly dead. I was hoping to get Japanese Ronin, German Legion and maybe French Ion going.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea, sorry.

Found out the hard way that Legion is a hard counter to Tone. His gun shield can block 99% of Tone's core attack.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Ularg posted:

Yea, sorry.

Found out the hard way that Legion is a hard counter to Tone. His gun shield can block 99% of Tone's core attack.

Only if you have Bulwark. It poops out after about half if you don't.

Edit: Confirmed, there will also be balancing changes in the new patch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5ns5lx/frontier_news_network_01132017_welcome_to_live/dcdxbti/

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jan 13, 2017

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Mordja posted:

Most important change of all

Haha, i was thinking the same thing. Now i want a pep talk before last titan standing matches like in the campaign.

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 13, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Cool.

Also matchmaking hates me right now. I got put into a match half-way lost and I was STILL the first on my team to get a Titan. Hooooow.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Everyone's talking about new stuff and I'm sat here with a huge poo poo-eating grin on my face because I've just finished a game where I got 3 titan kills off a titanfall. I've been playing for about 20 minutes but it's not getting any better than that tonight so I might as well quit now.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

This is really promising.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Night Blade posted:

This is really promising.

This really is the best thing.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

This really is the best thing only good thing about the update so far

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
If you thought amped Hardpoint and PvP in general was campy, oh boy a Search and Destroy even with a timer.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I'd love a wave mode co-op, or perhaps some new abilities to replace Low Profile.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

This really is the best thing.

We will never have to decide who's game mode we play again. The game will do it for us.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I've been playing like poo poo lately, but man, when you have a good game and just roll everyone it feels loving great.

E: Also we were losing like midway through the drat match too. So it was nice to pull it back and win.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 14, 2017

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
I had a real nice match today on Black Water Canal where I got 5 executions, once I figured out how to bunny hop it's real easy to speed behind everyone on the rooftops to stab them in the head.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

I'm pretty sure this gif is Wazzit worthy...

http://i.imgur.com/yC6L28g.gifv

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

MarshyMcFly posted:

You soldered them together.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I didn't realize you could kill people with the pulse blade.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Hulk Krogan posted:

I got a couple of lucky ones early on, but i haven't been able to replicate it on purpose. You can also shoot an enemy's blade to end its effects immediately, and i believe sticking one to a moving titan also moves the sonar bubble.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

MarshyMcFly posted:

we get it, you vape

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Hulk Krogan posted:

Everything kills people in TF2. Even the smoke grenade murders dudes and the grappling hook harpoons guys. There is very little in the game that does not create death in some capacity.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 14, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Ringo Star Get posted:

I'd love a wave mode co-op
If this was released I'd play nothing else.

Not just other game modes but basically other games full stop.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Everything kills people in TF2. Even the smoke grenade murders dudes and the grappling hook harpoons guys. There is very little in the game that does not create death in some capacity.

the lstar :haw:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

quote:

Everything else is still highly classified

GIVE ME ALTERNATE PILOT SKINS I DON'T WANNA BE A DUMB ROBOT

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

GIVE ME ALTERNATE PILOT SKINS I DON'T WANNA BE A DUMB ROBOT

:same: except I always want to be a robit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I want to be the robot with the keffiyeh in the art book