Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

whole thread played itself lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Thoguh posted:

Y'all are really garlicy about this whole Booker thing.

I'm cumin.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Concerned Citizen posted:

yes, i agree. i think booker is bad for a lot of reasons, but i think he genuinely cares about poverty.

:lol:

Yeah, like voting to lower drug prices?

He only cares about himself.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

re: prescriptions i honestly don't know much about it, casey's office apparently put out this statement to jezebel:

"You don't understand my lovely vote, I actually voted for the resolution before I voted against it"

The public loves it when democrats say this

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Twitter sucks but the whole RT (user name): (poo poo) format is a really common way to do things so people can't just delete their garbage

It also looks like you're endorsing the opinion out of context because you don't know how to quote tweet. If you're really worried about somebody deleting their tweets, you an always screencap it, embed the image and it won't count against the character limit at all.

E: I also just checked, and quote tweeting doesn't count against character limit. It's only if you're copy-pasting a hyperlink.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

re: prescriptions i honestly don't know much about it, casey's office apparently put out this statement to jezebel:

Perfect enemy of good, etc.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Like, I'm not a huge fan of Booker (and of that particular vote) either, but it's like y'all are constantly shocked when politicians turn out to be politicians.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

MizPiz posted:

Maybe we can teach people how to take screenshots after the "record videos horizontally" reeducation campaign.

The phone is designed to be held vertically. It is no surprise everyone records and takes pictures vertically.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Grondoth posted:

The phone is designed to be held vertically. It is no surprise everyone records and takes pictures vertically.

Hence the need for a reeducation campaign.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

docbeard posted:

Like, I'm not a huge fan of Booker (and of that particular vote) either, but it's like y'all are constantly shocked when politicians turn out to be politicians.

Certain people have an ideological expectation of office holders serving the public interest instead of private interests. Wow. Incredible.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Grondoth posted:

It's called disabling the camera until the phone is in the correct orientation

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's funny how vertical-oriented television never really took off.

(Rotate your goddamned camera. Not A difficult thing to do)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
They should just install the camera sideways

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Raskolnikov38 posted:

They should just install the camera sideways

What a waste of screen space

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

logikv9 posted:

What a waste of screen space

don't sign your posts :eng101:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
:prepop:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
drat owned

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
phones are legitimately a thousand times harder to hold sideways. Why cant they just install the camera so that it takes landscape pics when held vertically :negative:

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

The Nastier Nate posted:

When was the last time an incumbent democrat got primaried by a progressive? I can't think of one. Established republicans were afraid of the tea party and now the trumpists. No democrat is afraid of Bernie Sanders. If a supporter of loan sharks pay day lenders Debbie Wasserman Schulz couldn't get knocked out then the Corey Bookers of the world have nothing to fear. I hope Corey Booker tries to make "national bankers day" a holiday to drive the point home.

The dems successfully primaried Lieberman in 2006, but then he ran as a centrist independent in the general and won anyway. could be a lesson there, 2006 was a democratic wave election and the leftist challenger still lost to Lieberman.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

JeffersonClay posted:

The dems successfully primaries Lieberman in 2006, but then he ran as a centrist independent in the general and won anyway. could be a lesson there, 2006 was a democratic wave election and the leftist challenger still lost to Lieberman.

I'm reasonably sure there was strategic voting by the Republicans on that one, combined with a bunch of apathetic people voting for the incumbent.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

redneck nazgul posted:

I'm reasonably sure there was strategic voting by the Republicans on that one, combined with a bunch of apathetic people voting for the incumbent.

These factors are not unique to the 2006 Connecticut senate election. Primarying centrist incumbents is by no means a silver bullet.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

JeffersonClay posted:

These factors are not unique to the 2006 Connecticut senate election. Primarying centrist incumbents is by no means a silver bullet.

It does seem relatively risk-free though.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Lieberman was the de facto republican in that race because the republican was awful

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
he got 9.6% of the vote

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lieberman aka the insurance company that got elected to office

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lieberman aka the insurance company that got elected to office

and then the dems offered him the vice presidency

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Also, Ned Lamont was a leftist in the same way Hillary was.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

JeffersonClay posted:

The dems successfully primaried Lieberman in 2006, but then he ran as a centrist independent in the general and won anyway. could be a lesson there, 2006 was a democratic wave election and the leftist challenger still lost to Lieberman.

i think the lesson is to purge the state parties of rats who will support their independent spoilers (blooooooomberg)

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Aurubin posted:

Also, Ned Lamont was a leftist in the same way Hillary was.

To be fair, Lieberman makes pretty much anyone look like Bernie.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Fiction posted:

i think the lesson is to purge the state parties of rats who will support their independent spoilers (blooooooomberg)

Weird how your philosophy is both infallible and has never won anything

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
lieberman won because connecticut is very democratic, but not very progressive

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

zegermans posted:

Don't be so Morton's steak seasoning.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

See also: Hillary winning the MA primary

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Yeah...it sucks.

Like looking up my local contacts for Dems: involved in corruption scandal, often votes with Republicans. Great!

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/819992482477907969

Countdown until some stuffy centrist says this is bad because blah blah blah decorum blah blah blah we must respect the office of the presidency

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Side note, Eric Garland is one of the dumbest people alive

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

*naked black guy with his dick flopped in a bowl of pudding* ahm fuckin dis custid

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

zegermans posted:

i'll take "the democratic party before the nineties" for 800 alex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

zegermans posted:

Just keep loving that Reagan voter chicken, surely it'll work again by now despite years of the tea party

• Locked thread