Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Sorry dude, just the two games forever. Why is Nintendo so dumb???

Yeah yeah you're right they'll add more MP games or whatever

but right out of the gate it strikes me as a little ballsy since the online stuff for Nintendo has alway kind of felt like an afterthought up to this point

I mean if they're changing that then great and I hope it's worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Astro7x posted:

Considering Pokemon Go lasts like 1 hour on my phone these days, 3 hour battery life for Breath of the Wild per day seems fantastic.

what

alternatively

Please tell me who's gonna pay even 200 dollars for that phone today

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Mr President posted:

Word is Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Smash Bros, and Splatoon are all being ported over but there just saving them for when they have a software drought.

launch might be a good time, then

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

this is Nintendo's greatest crime

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Mr President posted:

Word is Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Smash Bros, and Splatoon are all being ported over but there just saving them for when they have a software drought.

you really think theyre gonna port over splatoon when they are already putting out a new version?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The world is hosed.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mr President posted:

Word is wrong and dumb.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah yeah you're right they'll add more MP games or whatever

but right out of the gate it strikes me as a little ballsy since the online stuff for Nintendo has alway kind of felt like an afterthought up to this point

I mean if they're changing that then great and I hope it's worth it

I have to hope that Pikmin will get online multiplayer this time around. Bingo Battle is absolutely amazing, all 4 times I've had a decent opponent over to play it.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Why would they wait to do rereleases when the big drought is right now? Calling bullshit on that rumor.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No stylus
No dick drawin Miiverse

hosed up if true

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

HyperPuma posted:

you really think theyre gonna port over splatoon when they are already putting out a new version?

I don't know

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mr President posted:

Word is Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Smash Bros, are all being ported over but there just saving them for when they have a software drought.
They should hurry up then, there's a drought coming in late march

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

im hearing that dark souls collection is waiting in the wings but they dont want it to compete with zelda

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
*out of breath from running*

The.... drought... is now.... heh....

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

This is rough.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I'd really like to know more about the OS and the eShop. Like, please tell me they are waiting for some crazy E3 reveal where they tell us a ton of dope VC games are coming out.

I also echo that if Mario Odyssey doesn't make Holidays 2017 then Nintendo is dead in the water.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

sir, the drought is real. gamers are dying everywhere

*finger hovers over the Metroid Prime 4 button*

WAIT sir, a shipment of Skyrim just came in

*presses the 'cancel Metroid Prime 4' button*

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Genuinely pretty bummed about streetpass and miiverse. It's the only thing that slowed down my hype train

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

can someone explain why they think arms looks good? it just seems like something out of a minigame collection to me

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
*drinking from a glass labeled Skylanders Imaginators*

A drought? Oh I wouldn't know *sip*

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Syberia 3? That's out of left field.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yea the more I think about it paid online makes me feel like I can live without online Mario Kart, and also makes me less likely to want to buy Splatoon in general. It's a really bad idea.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

shave and a harelip posted:

this is Nintendo's greatest crime

Honestly miiverse is kind of messed up for older titles. My Nephew was playing Super Mario 3D world and a crude picture of a penis came up on the TV over the holidays. Kid is like 5 years old and it was very awkward. He just complained about the loading time and seemed to not notice while every one else in the room got really silent.

To properly moderate miiVerse is likely not cheap.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

HyperPuma posted:

can someone explain why they think arms looks good? it just seems like something out of a minigame collection to me

Because people really want something to look forward to for the Nintendo Switch and will convince themselves bad and/or incredibly shallow games are exciting

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

pixaal posted:

Honestly miiverse is kind of messed up for older titles. My Nephew was playing Super Mario 3D world and a crude picture of a penis came up on the TV over the holidays. Kid is like 5 years old and it was very awkward. He just complained about the loading time and seemed to not notice while every one else in the room got really silent.

I bet! if only there were a new income stream for online stuff that Nintendo could use to pay for such a thing

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Because people really want something to look forward to for the Nintendo Switch and will convince themselves bad and/or incredibly shallow games are exciting

oh come now, im sure theres something there to like that im just not seeing

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I sort of wonder why they're releasing it in March when, if they just waited another month or two, they'd have a much healthier lineup of launch games. Is it something to do with the Japanese fiscal calendar or something?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'd rather pay someone to kick me literally in the dick than pay Nintendo Monthly for their lovely internet experience.

I was extremely excited for the Switch and this entire press conference killed all of it.

Harrow posted:

I sort of wonder why they're releasing it in March when, if they just waited another month or two, they'd have a much healthier lineup of launch games. Is it something to do with the Japanese fiscal calendar or something?

The end of Nintendo's Fiscal year is probably the end of March.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

HyperPuma posted:

im hearing that dark souls collection is waiting in the wings but they dont want it to compete with zelda

There is no competition; Zelda is good and Dark Souls is terrible PS2 looking slow garbage for half-dead drones who like brown and grey. (Bloodborne is the only good one)

Completely different demographics!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Space Pants posted:

Don't know why people are complaining I think $254.99 is a very fair price.

lol :(

Not even a proper controller. After sleeping on it for a few hours I'm leaning towards cancelling.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Here's the cherry on top of the poo poo sunday. Zelda BOTW is going to end up being even worse than SS. Somehow. It's a low branch to get under, but Nintendo will find a way. Nintendo always finds a way to poo poo things up.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mr President posted:

When the Trump Administration abolishes Net Neutrality nobody is going to be playing online games anyway. So it's really a moot point.

The online fee is actually going to go towards paying ISPs to prioritize Switch traffic, making the Nintendo Switch the de facto gaming device of Donald Trump's America

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

lol :(

Not even a proper controller. After sleeping on it for a few hours I'm leaning towards cancelling.

Only fifty cheaper than my PS4. That's hard to swallow.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This is the biggest disappointment. I loved browsing that and seeing the most amazing posts from children. I hope Splatoon at least has something for the drawings that show up on banners in game.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

pixaal posted:

lmao this owns

Like I'm fully aware of why it's bad and I'd have the same reaction but fuuuuuck.

I think it's the crudely drawn part. If it was super detailed I'd probably not be enjoying it as much.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The Merkinman posted:

Syberia 3? That's out of left field.
Can't wait for more Russian caricatures out of a French artist who barely knows what interactivity is.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

If they had Mario Maker good to go it'd be a different proposition since you're looking at 3+ major games supported, but right now they're banking that Splatoon is gonna lift up their online service more than the service drags splatoon down, and that's not a safe bet.
Mario Kart is fun online but not fun enough for a subscription; I already haven't played it in over a year and it's free now. So people basically have to ask if Splatoon is worth a subscription fee until another big online game comes out.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

There is no competition; Zelda is good and Dark Souls is terrible PS2 looking slow garbage for half-dead drones who like brown and grey. (Bloodborne is the only good one)

Completely different demographics!

Whoa out of all the incredibly bad opinions in this thread, this is by far the worst

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Arms looks like a cool concept in the vein of Virtual On but I have absolutely zero faith in Nintendo being able to pull something like that off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

deadwing posted:

Whoa out of all the incredibly bad opinions in this thread, this is by far the worst

I know, right? Bloodborne is just as bad as the others.

• Locked thread