Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

My Southwest flight from Dallas to K.C. was canceled late last night. I'm now flying tomorrow mid-day. Backing the kickoff to 7:20 Central is a good idea. I have to get up early Monday to fly out, but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

TheChirurgeon posted:

N: Green Bay CB Sam Shields was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia -- both misdemeanors -- nearly three months after a police investigation, according to Wisconsin Circuit Court records.

Link: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18467242/sam-shields-green-bay-packers-charged-possession-marijuana-possession-drug-paraphernalia

V: Not going to be a factor in Sunday's game, since Shields hasn't played since the opener and is currently on IR, but could lead to Shields missing games next season

Tbh Shields is hopefully done with football entirely. The guy has had so many concussions the past few years

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
ohhhhh, Sunday night......OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SUNDAY NIGHT!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Will any other Chiefs fans be there? I will be parking in the large lot to the NW of the stadium and partying down behind my car.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

ohhhhh, Sunday night......OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SUNDAY NIGHT!

lol

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
If the weather is poo poo-cold enough that an ice storm is there, doesn't playing at night make that even worse?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/deekuipy/status/820008178175721472

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

this is like a still out of "the sopranos"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

If the weather is poo poo-cold enough that an ice storm is there, doesn't playing at night make that even worse?

oh no, its so cold that water freezes (32 degrees fahrenheit). btw an ice storm is just hail for sissies

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

hifi posted:

this is like a still out of "the sopranos"

Except Mark Davis isn't drinking

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

So glad I have MLK Day off :hellyeah:

Hell yeah go civil rights

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I don't really give a poo poo about any NFL owner. But i really gotta know what the hell is up with Mark Davis. That dude is just...off.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pathetic little tramp posted:

It's not going to get super cold during this storm. Well it's super cold if you're SA2K or that other guy complaining about 50 degrees, but the temps are hovering around 32 all weekend.

Once it stops actually doing the freezing rain bit the roads will hopefully recover fairly quickly. And the only reason they're delaying the game is because of that, not conditions on the field/in the stadium.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

hifi posted:

oh no, its so cold that water freezes (32 degrees fahrenheit). btw an ice storm is just hail for sissies

You have a severe lack of understanding what an ice storm is and what it does.

Kansas City Ice Storms

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Leon Einstein posted:

The Texans need to just blitz the poo poo out of Brady on every down.

Brady is the best QB in the history of the NFL at defeating the blitz. Historically, the way to get to Brady is middle pressure, so he he can't step up in the pocket. He's not that great at escaping laterally. The Broncos' secondary forced him to hold the ball a split second longer than usual, combined with Miller's exceptional speed is why they had success off the edges. Dunno that Houston can replicate that with the Patriots' upgraded o-line

Steelers in primetime are a very different animal than 1 pm Steelers :fap:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Yeah driving on icy roads is basically impossible. I'm actually pretty impressed the NFL is moving the game for the safety of everyone who is driving in the region.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ice storms might be up there with hurricanes in terms of danger, they're horrendously bad and damaging

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Yeah driving on icy roads is basically impossible. I'm actually pretty impressed the NFL is moving the game for the safety of everyone who is driving in the region.

This is only really true when its at least somewhat hilly. In the flatlands of the midwest you should be good as long as you go slow and increase your allowed stopping distance by a wide margin.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

just found tickets on the 50 for super cheap, selling my corner end zone tickets to recover some of the way too high price, but holy poo poo will the view be insane

Nov 6, 2002

fishing with the fam posted:

This is only really true when its at least somewhat hilly. In the flatlands of the midwest you should be good as long as you go slow and increase your allowed stopping distance by a wide margin.

No. Untreated ice covered roads are impossible to drive on for a regular car regardless of terrain.

Your advice applies to snow. Ice will gently caress you up.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
That night game gonna be suuuper cold.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Either way, it's easy to say "go slow and increase stopping distance" but it's another thing when it's 20-40,000 cars all hurrying to get to a playoff game everyone is blowing all their discretionary income for the month on.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
^^^Well yeah, I'll absolutely agree with that.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

No. Untreated ice covered roads are impossible to drive on for a regular car regardless of terrain.

Your advice applies to snow. Ice will gently caress you up.

I drove out of completely iced over Birmingham less than a week ago. Roads were flat sheets of black ice without even the barest hint of a salt truck. Its absolutely possible to drive on ice.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I drove out of completely iced over Birmingham less than a week ago. Roads were flat sheets of black ice without even the barest hint of a salt truck. Its absolutely possible to drive on ice.

There was a terrible ice storm in the northeast in 2008 when I worked in logistics. Our vehicles couldn't travel on those roads without chains on the wheels.

Nov 6, 2002

Roads were flat sheets of black ice

I doubt it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Okay?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
soooo is there even going to be an ice storm?

I live in KC and it doesn't look the storm is even going to get near here

Nov 6, 2002

If you drove on a road covered entirely in black ice, unless you drove some ridiculously slow speed - like 5mph - the moment you attempted to make a turn you'd keep sliding forward and end up in a ditch on the side of the road.

All the snow tires, AWD and anti-lock brakes in the world are useless on ice. You can't reliably gain traction to control a regular passenger car.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 13, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

the mean lunch lady posted:

Doesn't look like it's going to be as bad as the doomsday predictions yesterday were, but it's still supposed to be a bunch of freezing rain Saturday night/Sunday morning in the forecasts I'm seeing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

Either way, it's easy to say "go slow and increase stopping distance" but it's another thing when it's 20-40,000 cars all hurrying to get to a playoff game everyone is blowing all their discretionary income for the month on.

R.I.P. Derrick Thomas

I hope not after how the game against Pittsburgh in the pouring ice cold rain went last time.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

There is going to be an ice storm in Atlanta 24 hours from now. Goondolences Seahawks fans.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

lol when the weather changes and the storm Doesn't roll in until 8p.m. Sunday night.

News: Still a fan of the Houston Football Texans despite the abusive relationship.

Views: I hope we actually put points on the board this time.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
That's me hosed for seeing the game, I'm in Scotland and it won't start till 1.20am now and I need to be up at 6. :(

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I like how Mark Davis apparently wears Raiders gear exclusively. It's like 90% of his wardrobe.

Nov 6, 2002

I mean... judging from that haircut fashion isn't his biggest concern.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

it's a new haircut though. there's no hair over his ears. maybe it's just a smaller bowl

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Ice storms might be up there with hurricanes in terms of danger, they're horrendously bad and damaging

We had one shortly after THanksgiving and there were tons of highway accidents, and they didn't cancel or delay school so they had to order all the busses to pull over for several hours until the roads were safer. Way to go Northern NH superintendent who's too tough to delay school.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

El Patron posted:

That's me hosed for seeing the game, I'm in Scotland and it won't start till 1.20am now and I need to be up at 6. :(

My brother (a reporter in grand rapids) has to be in bed at 7pm E because he has to do the news in the morning.

We have convinced him it is impossible to do the news without knowing the news you can't just go wahwahwah with your fingers in your ears while broadcasting the news lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
:siren: JIM TOMSULA IS BACK IN FOOTBALL :siren:

Per Matt Barrows, he's joining Washington's coaching staff.

• Locked thread