Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ah, the Paxman technique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Weird how Wiggins retires not too long after saying he's got another year in him as all the bits and pieces fall into place about him. If he wasn't british, he'd be hung, drawn and quartered already by our press instead of the fellatio.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

The Guardian, at least, is nipping at their heels (via Nicole Cooke)
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2016/dec/29/nicole-cooke-team-sky-british-cycling

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I loving love how annoying that woman must be to brailsford&co

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Weird how Wiggins retires not too long after saying he's got another year in him as all the bits and pieces fall into place about him. If he wasn't british, he'd be hung, drawn and quartered already by our press instead of the fellatio.
It stinks.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its all gonna come out over the next few months. You wait.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
You guys just don't understand the marginal gains possible from using the British version of that OTC drug.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
The whole thing is bizarre and stinky. Using some some random package from like four years to grind your axe.

They were speedplay pedals injected with fluicidminde (into the bearing).

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jesus Christ what a bunch of fuckers. Sport is good, sports organisations are awful

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

This case is going to be taught in pr courses as the absolute worst way to handle something.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
off-season like

https://twitter.com/michelescarponi/status/815890248064442368

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Was expecting a car/truck to nail frankje big time

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
US Cyclocross Nats on right now:

http://www.velonews.com/2017/01/news/2017-u-s-cyclocross-national-championships-livestream_427334

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

American cycling coverage.txt

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
This my report to Velonews:

It was the best US championship I've seen. Watch the first and last lap if nothing else. Insane poo poo.

Now back to our coverage of the Bahrain Merdida Team Kit unveiling.

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

American cycling coverage.txt

*minutes before end of race*

*minute long, distant shot, of a boring part of the course, with no one on it*

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Literally five seconds into the start they decided to cut to the back of the pack.

It's not Superprestige, but at least they had a good feed.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

simmyb posted:

*minutes before end of race*

*minute long, distant shot, of a boring part of the course, with no one on it*

In the U23 mens race they appeared to only have 3 cameras going.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I'm guessing this is probably the end of the Jeremy Powers era for US CX. I know he's been battling injury this season, but he's had pretty poor results all season and was like 25th overall at nationals.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

vikingstrike posted:

I'm guessing this is probably the end of the Jeremy Powers era for US CX. I know he's been battling injury this season, but he's had pretty poor results all season and was like 25th overall at nationals.

He's only 34, I'm sure he can do it physically. My teammates who were at Nats said he was out on the course doing recon and testing lines at every possible opportunity, that he looked hungry. After this season though, I guess it's down to the mental side.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Hyde has been close to taking him for almost 3 years before this win. He's also done a lot better in the WC races this year too. Not saying Powers is out forever but I think it definitely signals the end of where he's the assumed best American in CX. Hydes also like 28 or 29 so he's got a few years to stay at this level and maybe improve. Also anyone can test lines. I'm not sure that says anything about his physical level and more about his desire to turn the tides on a bad season for him

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Proposed course for the 2018 world champs. Its going to be brutal.

http://cycling.today/2018-world-championships-brutal-course-leaked/

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
Looks like they decided to nerf Sagan

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Hey, those hills come with descents, too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
4.1 km of vertical climb is a hell of a reaction to complaints about the last one being flat.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

That's a proper Worlds course, now let's watch it be boring af due to conservative and negative riding.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/38573615

I wonder how long he can maintain this masquerade.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Will be super sick when Froome gets busted and his outrage was just throwing Brailsford under the bus.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

Will be super sick when Froome gets busted and his outrage was just throwing Brailsford under the bus.

I don't think Froome is cheating (much), but I do think at some point someone is going to break and spill the beans.
I'm also amazed that no one has seemingly directly asked "sir" Wiggins what was in that jiffy bag.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Beats Lance's climb times but not cheating much 👍

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Pocket posted:

👍

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

ImplicitAssembler posted:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/38573615

I wonder how long he can maintain this masquerade.

Why didn't they just say it was some artisan yak milk energy bar instead of this ridiculous merry go round. At one point they were saying it was pedals as if they didn't have a bus full of them :laffo:

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

Pocket posted:

Excuse me but Lance didn't use a special olive oil. Lance didn't sort out equipment well in advance.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

This whole comparing new times to known doped records is such rubbish, they didn't have the special pillows back then so it's meaningless :argh:

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Marginal gains, people! That's what was in that bag. A bag full of marginal gains

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They should just admit that they don't know because they didn't ask.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Wasn't it that lance did the climb at the end of a stage but sky did it in the middle of one or something like that?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

goatface posted:

They should just admit that they don't know because they didn't ask.
If you do that in a judicial setting and it turns out you did know, you might be on the hook for perjury.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Same as if it wasn't actually Fluicimil, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
The women's TDU is on atm.