Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Time to shelve french lights forever. The Chinese line is looking pretty great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Time to shelve french lights forever. The Chinese line is looking pretty great though.

Agreed, I'm pretty excited about their tier X light tank.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

HFX posted:

In short yes. The average pubbie does not know how to fight autoloaders in general. They need easy tanks where they can sit in the open trading shots like a battleship of old.

This is also why botes is successful.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

BadLlama posted:

Agreed, I'm pretty excited about their tier X light tank.

I don't think it was posted here, but their t9 light is in testing too - https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/01/13/supertest-wz-132a-complete-stats-armor-pics/

.4 accuracy is kinda butt, but you get 320 alpha, 2567 dpm, 215 pen and great mobility.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Michaellaneous posted:

Were the pubbies really crying this much about autoloaders?

Always, and forever.

Pre-nerf bulldog has a pretty savage autoloader on it, and I managed to dump the entire mag into someone and boy howdy were they upset out it.

The only ones that are a huge problem are the ones on those czech tanks, because they are super accurate at long range, which is something that the US and French guns never were.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

The only ones that are a huge problem are the ones on those czech tanks, because they are super accurate at long range, which is something that the US and French guns never were.

French autoloaders used to be reasonably accurate before they got nerfed into the ground.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Hellsau posted:

e: loving lol anyone remember the "rewards for good behavior" from like half a year ago?

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/rules-violations-rewards/

they just awarded them, and apparently I of all people managed to get rewarded for my clearly good behavior. Scoreboard mother fuckers, call people mother fuckers, get rewarded.

I got nothing but then I'm blue a lot. Are you collecting Battle Buddies? What was the reward?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

BadLlama posted:

Maybe bitching about the retarded decision of putting in the tier 9 x 10 Czech auto loaders as is. So in response WG is nerfing the other nations :shrug:

Hey as long as they don't get nerfed but the French scout line which is arguably a mixed bag of awfully painfully and kinda really decent.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Fat Jesus posted:

I got nothing but then I'm blue a lot. Are you collecting Battle Buddies? What was the reward?

I'm not sure Hellsau has a single Battle Buddy medal

e: I know for a fact that he actively tries to avoid them, though

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I don't think it was posted here, but their t9 light is in testing too - https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/01/13/supertest-wz-132a-complete-stats-armor-pics/

.4 accuracy is kinda butt, but you get 320 alpha, 2567 dpm, 215 pen and great mobility.

What a great looking tank. Time to buy my WZ-132 back and do some grinding.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
The WZ-132 is my first tier 8 light tank and I think it's probably spoiled me.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Tier 7 IKV 90 B, almost top damage, top score, tier 9 game

Finally got TD-15 done.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

:bisonyes:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Michaellaneous posted:

Were the pubbies really crying this much about autoloaders?

There's actually a huge problem in World of Tanks with burst damage, where autoloaders go unpunished a large amount of the time for just spewing wild shots off, or for moving in and clipping someone out, simply due to stupid game mechanics and a terrible playerbase. It leads to poo poo like the TVP being able to do truly absurd things because they never get punished for just clipping out at range due to #snapshotmeta, and never get punished for reloading because pubbies refuse to accept even the phantom possibility of being damaged because reload times don't exist.

The solution to that is not to make the autoloader literally worse than a same-tier single shot gun, or by nerfing the burst damage to the point where it's worse in burst damage than same tier single shot guns, but instead by making the autoloader more awkward to position to maximize damage and by reducing opportunities by increasing the time between clips. Wargaming are stupid as gently caress, see also 183mm guns being disproportionately strong against lower tier tanks.

Steelion posted:

I'm not sure Hellsau has a single Battle Buddy medal

e: I know for a fact that he actively tries to avoid them, though

If you have any battle buddies, you're not trying hard enough to win. Give your teammates some encouragement.

e: not even once

uh do these damage numbers add up? At a glance it looks like your team did VASTLY less damage than the enemy team, yet you had two tanks alive at the end...

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 14, 2017

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

no idear

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Despite what people say, I thought the Ferdinand was really good, but goddamn the Jagdtiger is just insanely good. Now I regret waiting almost six years before getting it. I'm still using the Ferdi's cannon and can't believe it will only get better from this. I guess it's pretty telling that 3961 dmg and 1763 spotting dmg only earned me a 2nd class Mastery Badge. :psyduck:

The Jagdpanzer E-100 must be a big downgrade compared to this, right?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Despite what people say, I thought the Ferdinand was really good, but goddamn the Jagdtiger is just insanely good. Now I regret waiting almost six years before getting it. I'm still using the Ferdi's cannon and can't believe it will only get better from this. I guess it's pretty telling that 3961 dmg and 1763 spotting dmg only earned me a 2nd class Mastery Badge. :psyduck:

The JTiger also got some pretty enormous buffs. Having 300 more HP is pretty nutso!

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Germany OP, pls nerf.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Yes, on a relative scale, a fully upgraded JT has fantastic damage output and can basically ignore aiming for weak spots with the gold rounds, while at the same time being sufficiently mobile and armored to let that gun do its thing. The JP100 does however not feel as awesome in tier but its not too shabby for solo pubbing, it has great armor, workable mobility and a gun that can eat through anything. The armor and high alpha enable a markedly different playstyle with peek and poke etc, and the huge shell makes even the HE round usable to root out those few things that you can't penetrate (I'm looking at you, hull down IS-7). The reload sucks though, and always will be a source of annoyance.

Zudgemud fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 14, 2017

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Thanks, guess I'll try it out some day if I get to train another crew for it.

Ensign Expendable posted:

Germany OP, pls nerf.

If pubbies weren't so bad at playing it and I wouldn't have so much fun with it, I would agree.

Also, this guy just pm'd me and called me a oval office for setting him on fire. His stats are pretty interesting.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Thanks, guess I'll try it out some day if I get to train another crew for it.

If pubbies weren't so bad at playing it and I wouldn't have so much fun with it, I would agree.

Also, this guy just pm'd me and called me a oval office for setting him on fire. His stats are pretty interesting.

lol i have higher average damage on my LTraktor, this dude triple platoons tier 1s apparently

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar

Should this man be reported to the authorities? Is the T40 some kind of asbergers tank I'm not familiar with?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

It was quite the derp tank back in the day, definitely a pub smasher before power creep sent it to hell.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

TowerofOil posted:

Should this man be reported to the authorities? Is the T40 some kind of asbergers tank I'm not familiar with?

it used to be the by far best tier 4 that got a 105 mm howitzer

arguably it still is

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I'm a console player but this should still be answerable. Would you recommend selling the OI to buy the O-Ni, I liked the OI enough to get permanent camouflage for it, I can unlock the O-Ni now but couldn't buy it without saying sayonara to the OI.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

if you liked it enough to pay gold for a paintjob, probably hold on to it

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
That's a good point I probably should have realised on my own, I suppose this way I can save the free XP for other things and save up for the Firefly.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Anime_Otaku posted:

That's a good point I probably should have realised on my own, I suppose this way I can save the free XP for other things and save up for the Firefly.

Do you have a premium tank on the console? I bought the churchill III and its makes pretty great credits on console.

Well, finally did it, dropped 60K free xp to get out of the A-44.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 14, 2017

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I may of had a bit of a problem with buying far too many premiums when the game first came out and I also keep a lot of tanks once they were elite if I like them or they end a branch and don't need the cash.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
KH-50 and LT vz. 34

Queue: PzIV, PzIII Ausf. A, PzIII Ausf. B through D, SR tanks

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
M3A1
Combat Car M1
Howitzer Motor Carriage T-18

:britain:
A1E1 Independent
Infantry Tank Mk.I

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
HTZ-16
Wartime modifications of the T-37 and T-38
SG-122
76 mm gun mod of the Matilda
Tank destroyers on the T-30 and T-40 chassis
45 mm M-42 gun
Soviet tractor tanks
02SS Aerosan
SU-76 prototype NEW

:sweden:
L-10 and L-30
Strv m/40
Strv m/42
Landsverk prototypes 1943-1951
EMIL and KRV

:poland:
Trials of the TKS and C2P in the USSR
37 mm anti-tank gun

:japan:
SR tanks

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35
Renault D2
Renault R40
Char B1 bis
Char B1 ter
25 mm Hotchkiss gun

:godwin:
PzI Ausf. B
PzI Ausf. C
PzII Ausf. a though b
PzII Ausf. c through C
Pak 97/38
Pz.Sfl.IVb
7.5 cm Pak 41
Hummel NEW
s.FH. 18 NEW

:eurovision:
LT vz 35
CKD TNH and LTP (Tanque 39)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Sing to me the songs of the Emil

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Azhais posted:

Sing to me the songs of the Emil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8rRcamZQ-w

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVHkr4pGD0A

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cartoon posted:

What is it with Wargaming trying to put me in USE all the time? The ping is NEVER better and I often only realise when I notice I'm having a bad run of games. Also the Sav m/43 can go and climb a wall of razor blades backwards.

Funny, most of us want to play on East and "Auto" puts us on West.... :rolleyes:

There's actually a mod that we use to "remember last server."

Nordick posted:

I was getting really aggravated by the crap matches I'd been having, so I started playing even more aggressively as usual, and hey it worked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdJbaem97ZI

3,7k damage in about 2½ minutes. Ridiculous poo poo like this is what keeps me playing this shitfuck of a game.

Well you were driving an assault gun, not a sniper, so I guess it's pretty amazing what you can accomplish when you play a vehicle to its strengths!

M.C. McMic posted:

I got rid of my mods and then decided to reinstall them. I didn't like playing vanilla and wanted the ones I listed. There, I spelled it out for you. :wtc:

Yeah I know what you meant, I just summarized the way you explained it. :3:

Fat Jesus posted:

Hi, you must be new here! Hellsau is blue in literally every screenshot he posts.

BadLlama posted:

Well, finally did it, dropped 60K free xp to get out of the A-44.

Totally worth it. :colbert:

Anime_Otaku posted:

I may of had a bit of a problem with buying far too many premiums when the game first came out and I also keep a lot of tanks once they were elite if I like them or they end a branch and don't need the cash.

Are you me? :confused:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
I don't want to be on East because of the even more ridiculous ping (Going from 150 to 200). You get used to high pings but the inconsistency fucks me up.

The loving festive spirit event finishes today and I would need another five days to get to festive spirit 80 and THEN I have to complete another mission? :suicide: gently caress You Wargaming. Maybe I shouldn't play two accounts.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
God drat the Leo is such a good tank. With the 75mm it's very comparable to the Comet; It trades away 2 degrees of gun depression and ~160 dpm for better gun handling, higher shell velocity and higher top speed.
Or you can be a big boy and stick on the 100 mm gently caress-you cannon, which is a bit clunky but very much manageable with a GLD and relevant crew skills, and blap fools for 300 damage a pop. Not exactly a staggering alpha strike, but plenty hefty for a fast tier 7 medium.

Also it looks pretty cool.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

What? I was going to grind to the t49 because of the awesome 152mm mortar.

I bought and sold the t49 twice for/because of that gun.

Meta-Mollusk posted:

goddamn the Jagdtiger is just insanely good.

I concur.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Top gun on the jtiger is stupid good.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

So back to the Ferdi. Last week I was like, "Hey guys, let's run a tier 8 because I'm about 3.3k away from eliting the Ferdi. It'll be close, but I can get it done with one good triple...."

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3254967?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542

:stare:

:black101:

Of course the driver got knocked out twice because of course that would happen to me. Also, that SP "GG"'d me after the battle. :3:

Conversely, I was in the S-51 and ended up with a lovely battle leaving me with like 70 XP to go, so I just Free'd the rest. :bahgawd:

wargames posted:

Top gun on the jtiger is stupid good.

The gun was so good they decided to put it on the WTF-100 with a 6-round autoloader and the best accuracy in the game! :suicide:

Atomizer fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jan 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Can I take a moment to state how impossibly stupid the grille15 looks?