Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

Waltzing Along posted:

Nintendo has doomed Nintendo.

:words:

Counterpoint: 3ds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

spasticColon posted:

The Good: the new Zelda game will indeed be a launch title (but it's coming out on Wii U as well)

The Bad: $300 launch price and online multiplayer is no longer free.

The Ugly: More gimmicky controller bullshit and the bullshit casual games that come with it.

That being said I'm sticking with my N3DS and I will be picking up a used or refurbished Wii U in order to play the new Zelda.

Yeah I was at the Target checkout screen to preorder but it kept saying they couldn't deliver to my address even though I tried three different addresses. Then I calmed down, read the past 15 pages of this thread, and feel like if I want to play Zelda that bad I'll just do this instead. I had already determined I'd buy a Wii U when Zelda came out, but this Switch thing made me think I'd get the Switch instead. But I just bought a couch, a TV stand, and a new TV so I can't really make the splurge. And after reading that you have to pay an online fee and the launch lineup isn't that stellar, I think I'll pass until there's a $250 game bundle or something.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Has anyone said Nintendo is doomed yet I haven't read the last 150 pages.

Here you buddy, just for you

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

If you guys think Nintendo would continue to be Nintendo as we know it if they went third party, you're delusional.

Those complaints about them just putting out "the same Mario and Zelda games" that's actually untrue? Get ready for that to be the norm. You actually never WILL see another Metroid or lesser seen franchise again because being third party they're going to focus on only their biggest franchises. They won't have the freedom they enjoy from fully knowing their hardware, they won't have the room to do anything new and fresh like Splatoon, they won't finance the development of stuff that other publishers won't even look at like Bayonetta.

The day Nintendo goes third party is the day it becomes a Mario and Zelda and Pokemon factory for real and very little else.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm extremely excited for the nintendo switch and for almost every game nintendo showed last night

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
Bethesda bringing new Mario IP, Nintendo4m to switch confirmed.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Nintendo is already a Zelda and Mario and Pokémon factory with little else though?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

orphean posted:

Bethesda bringing new Mario IP, Nintendo4m to switch confirmed.

Use the Joycons HD rumble to accurately feel the twist of the neck when killing Imps.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

I decided i cant abide nintendo's stupidity and i now actively want the switch to fail and for their fans to be unhappy

These are my feelings as well. And its nintendo's fault

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches

KingSlime posted:

Nintendo is already a Zelda and Mario and Pokémon factory with little else though?

Only if you're willfully ignoring all the other franchise titles they do yeah.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

HyperPuma posted:

does the switch charge the joycons when in handheld mode?

I'm ignorant, so is this actually possible? Battery in the console, a battery in each joycon, which is charging which? Wouldn't all three just be running down, like usual? Not trying to be a dick, just genuinely curious.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

coffeecup posted:

I'm ignorant, so is this actually possible? Battery in the console, a battery in each joycon, which is charging which? Wouldn't all three just be running down, like usual? Not trying to be a dick, just genuinely curious.

what I meant is you recharge them by reattaching them to the console.

and besides that I'm pretty sure the handheld mode can be plugged in via a USB cable.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

SD87 posted:

These are my feelings as well. And its nintendo's fault

Same. I want those of you who are still buying their pile of BS to actively regret your purchases. I want you to hurt.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

TFRazorsaw posted:

and besides that I'm pretty sure the handheld mode can be plugged in via a USB cable.

oh thats not what i asked

i meant if youre playing with the joycons unplugged and they die if you put them back into the switch and keep playing switch undocked will they start working again?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Has anyone said Nintendo is doomed yet I haven't read the last 150 pages.
Nintendo is doomed... to make another cool console with a mountain of sick rear end games

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

Mulva posted:

I feel like why the gently caress would you *want* to have high standards for something like this? It's all just pointless time-wasting entertainment. The higher your standards the harder it is to be entertained. The lower they are the more things entertain you.

This is the greatest post I've ever seen in my entire life.

Why would I want something to be good? I hope things are bad so I enjoy them more.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Super No Vacancy posted:

I decided i cant abide nintendo's stupidity and i now actively want the switch to fail and for their fans to be unhappy

Do you like hurting other people?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

KingSlime posted:

Sure, which is why they released Splatoon and pushed it as a major franchise and are now using it as an important title in the system's first year.

Or why they're pushing things like ARMS.

Or how last gen they financed a game that appealed to a very specific crowd and whose parent company had given up on it like Bayonetta.

Not to mention, if Nintendo goes third party, they're gonna start playing it safe with those big franchises and we won't see anything in the vein of Breath of the Wild, or the new styles they're experimenting with on Mario Odyssey. Just look forward to OoT and ALBW clones and mission pack sequel versions of New Super Mario Bros. until the end of time.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

TFRazorsaw posted:

Your second point is right but I think if it's just joycons attached to "tablet" without the tablet being plugged in by USB, nothing will be charging. I don't think joycon batteries would draw from tablet battery.

I could be wrong, though.

e: I think I'm misunderstanding what you've said, sorry. I think it works like this:

Joycons connected to tablet, docked = joycons and tablet will charge

Joycons connected to tablet, tablet connected by usb cable to wall outlet = joycons and tablet will charge

Any freestanding use, I assume nothing is charging

coffeecup fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 13, 2017

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

If they had someone who could actually look at their present, project into the future where they won't be selling hardware any more and just skip all the BS, we'd all be happy. Nintendo makes great games. That's it. And that is where they are headed. So just make this POS their last piece of hardware and go straight to making games for other systems. Their costs go way down. Their profits go way up. No one has to pay for their stupid systems ever again and everyone gets to play the games they want to play.

People keep saying this, but they don't get that Nintendo relies on the gimmicky hardware to keep their games from going stale. And it works for them, though some generations better than others. If they start developing for the Xbox or whatever, they won't be Nintendo anymore.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

HyperPuma posted:

oh thats not what i asked

i meant if youre playing with the joycons unplugged and they die if you put them back into the switch and keep playing switch undocked will they start working again?

I would presume only if the undocked console is plugged in. But I was treating that like it was a given, so I apologize.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

sharrrk posted:

i'm extremely excited for the nintendo switch and for almost every game nintendo showed last night

can you explain why you are excited about the videogame called arms

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

orphean posted:

Only if you're willfully ignoring all the other franchise titles they do yeah.

aka a human being on Earth

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.
I'll miss miiverse. For a while I actually got into the habit of saying "yeah" instead of like or favorite on other social media sites.
:yeah:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I only eat spoiled food that has been rolled repeatedly across my friend's dusty cat hair riddled carpet because I don't want to ruin food for me

Once you introduce standards like hygiene, enjoyment, and variety I find that eating really goes to poo poo you guys

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches

Intel&Sebastian posted:

aka a human being on Earth

Yes nobody ever plays Animal Crossing games. Anything not Mario or Zelda or Pokemon is completely obscure and only for the most neckbearded of goons.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

orphean posted:

Yes nobody ever plays Animal Crossing games. Anything not Mario or Zelda or Pokemon is completely obscure and only for the most neckbearded of goons.

That's a pretty consistent summary of my experience

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Jarogue posted:

Here you buddy, just for you

A sincere thank you for this.

KingSlime posted:

See now this a fine troll. Subtle enough that any old passer by will think it's real but give it a second glance and you can't help but wonder what monster would intentionally say something this wrong.

SD87
Jun 7, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Do you like hurting other people?

If you buy a switch then yes. You deserve pain

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
The red/blue neon color vidcon stick thingies are up on Amazon, if you managed to get the color console and want to complete the color set.

HyperPuma posted:

can you explain why you are excited about the videogame called arms

Punch Out 2017.

(It really should be $30, $40 tops, buuuut)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Modus Pwnens posted:

People keep saying this, but they don't get that Nintendo relies on the gimmicky hardware to keep their games from going stale. And it works for them, though some generations better than others. If they start developing for the Xbox or whatever, they won't be Nintendo anymore.

Maybe they shouldn't be Nintendo anymore

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Beastie posted:

I'd really like to know more about the OS and the eShop. Like, please tell me they are waiting for some crazy E3 reveal where they tell us a ton of dope VC games are coming out.

I also echo that if Mario Odyssey doesn't make Holidays 2017 then Nintendo is dead in the water.

It's definitely getting delayed. Zelda got delayed like loving 4 times or something.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Finally I can look like an even bigger nerd outside with the Nintendo Switch

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The REAL Goobusters posted:

It's definitely getting delayed. Zelda got delayed like loving 4 times or something.

That likely had more to do with the development switching (heh) console of emphasis than anything else, though.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Finally I can look like an even bigger nerd outside with the Nintendo Switch

not for long

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches

KingSlime posted:

That's a pretty consistent summary of my experience

New Leaf sold over 7 million units and that number is from back in 2014. I mean its ok that you don't like the switch or the direction Nintendo has taken but maybe the most neckbeareded of goons is you if you seriously have never heard of this whole 'animal crossing' thing to be a popular series.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

greatn posted:

Maybe they shouldn't be Nintendo anymore

Don't buy it. :shrug:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Chairman Wao posted:

Why would I want something to be good?

Why wouldn't you want everything to be good? It can be, if you lower your standards enough.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

orphean posted:

lmao

You could have at least said pokemon.

This thread is on loving fire today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

orphean posted:

New Leaf sold over 7 million units and that number is from back in 2014. I mean its ok that you don't like the switch or the direction Nintendo has taken but maybe the most neckbeareded of goons is you if you seriously have never heard of this whole 'animal crossing' thing to be a popular series.

Is that some sort of animal breeding game? Ugh Japanese game developers are such deviants

E: As are 7 million consumers, is Nintendo to blame for furries?

• Locked thread