Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Probably fake but I'd be so down for the Ceridwen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I started playing like a week ago and all the free stuff + spending like $10 on crystals gave me a Haven Seraph deck already. I don't know if it's super top tier or anything but as a combo/control player it's brilliant fun. Against aggro you have a lot of healing, and the taunt that gets -1 damage taken on enemy turn is fantastic. I had a player suicide their entire board of 1 attack minions into it before pausing then conceding. Against your standard midrange decks you have giant boardclears and removal, along with good draw power and some solid midrange threats like Beastcall Aria. And vs control, it's very easy to drop a seraph T8 and then 3x cooldown reducers on T9 and win. I guess a hyper aggressive deck or another combo one could beat it though, or if anyone started packing Odin.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Seraph is really strong right now. Tons of odins at higher ranks because of it, but you won't have to worry about that for a bit.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I really think Carrot and Bahamut have made t2 worse.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I'm not a fan of nepth, drat annoying one card wonder that generally leaves me unable to deal with the mordecai.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its ok for shadow to have one nice thing

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I really think Carrot and Bahamut have made t2 worse.
bahamut should probably be rarer but otherwise i dont mind.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

How on earth did I 5-0 with this pile?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Awesome! posted:

its ok for shadow to have one nice thing

bahamut should probably be rarer but otherwise i dont mind.

But its gooood drat good, I guess I just dislike it when my option(s) was to play more aggro.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

How on earth did I 5-0 with this pile?

You had a lot of untargetable followers and removal is a premium in Take Two.

An evolved Eyfa with the enhance effect is very hard to get rid of unless you play a big ward. Even Forte can get scriptured or Cudgeled.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Is there any way to buy packs or crystals for friends?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Drakes posted:

But its gooood drat good, I guess I just dislike it when my option(s) was to play more aggro.

Eh, Mordecai also loses to combo control decks like Seraph or PTP (or Dshift I guess). He's probably the slowest finisher there is, and kind of mandatory for Shadow Control to even be an idea. There's no point in a slow control deck that doesn't have some big bomb to drop in the end. And, well, Mordecai on his own kind of sucks as a turn 8 play, which is why Nep is making him playable.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Is there any way to buy packs or crystals for friends?
I don't think there's a direct way, but you could get them Google Play, Apple or Steam gift cards, depending on which platform they play on. Keep in mind though, that crystals are tied to the platform you buy them on. You can't spend (or even see) crystals you bought on Android devices on the Steam version, for example.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This game is dangerously anime and I think I gave myself eye strain from rolling them so much but this is actually pretty fun. I had no interest in rerolling though, but fortunately seem to have grabbed mostly good poo poo like Fortes which I guess means I should start working towards Dragoncraft. Getting a prebuilt deck would take me to 3x Forte, so I might wind up doing that and to get other random stuff. I've been enjoying playing Swordcraft though but it seems they are both expensive and terrible at the moment.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dragon is in a much worse spot than sword right now tbh

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cinnamon Bear posted:

This game is dangerously anime and I think I gave myself eye strain from rolling them so much but this is actually pretty fun. I had no interest in rerolling though, but fortunately seem to have grabbed mostly good poo poo like Fortes which I guess means I should start working towards Dragoncraft. Getting a prebuilt deck would take me to 3x Forte, so I might wind up doing that and to get other random stuff. I've been enjoying playing Swordcraft though but it seems they are both expensive and terrible at the moment.

Right now dragon is the most expensive way to lose the game. But triple Forte is cool.

Aggro sword is relatively cheap (although the best versions run 3 alberts) and pretty fun in a brain dead go face kind of way.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
I believe in the discard memes, all they need is a card that is like shuffle the last 5 cards from your discard pile back into your deck to be top tier

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

maybe next expansion :smith:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Is discard too inconsistant? Haven't run into many but the times I have sometimes they just draw the nuts and blow my rear end off

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well, drat. I read the OP and then went to one of the links that said it had a meta breakdown and there was a face dragon deck I thought would be fine to start out with.

Are there any good decks for starting out with Swordcraft?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_k0K-0kRA0

Indecisive posted:

Is discard too inconsistant? Haven't run into many but the times I have sometimes they just draw the nuts and blow my rear end off

Consistency is definitely the issue I believe. If you don't draw into dracomancer or dragonnewt early/late enough you don't do anything. I lost a game today to an evolved Forte to face, followed by dropping 3 dragonnewt and using altered fate on 5 cards. I wasn't even mad, just astonished.

But he also played two goblin mage so i'm guessing he built the deck so dragonnewts was his only 2 drop, so maybe no scholars or kits? People are definitely still figuring a way to make discard work

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Well, drat. I read the OP and then went to one of the links that said it had a meta breakdown and there was a face dragon deck I thought would be fine to start out with.

Face specifically storm dragon is fine. Forte is the most important card for any dragon deck and just having her is all you need to be able to play whatever dragon deck you want to

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 16, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Face dragon is fine. It's a tier 2 kind of deck. The issue is that everybody and their grandma are either running the BS decks or anti-aggro which limits face dragon.

But it's perfectly fine to start with. You'll only start having trouble in A1 or such.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Are there any good videos out there on how to play Roach combo? I put it together for Forest missions, and even though I'm winning consistently enough I can't shake the feeling that I'm playing it wrong since I've never felt anywhere near a one turn kill.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ZiegeDame posted:

Are there any good videos out there on how to play Roach combo? I put it together for Forest missions, and even though I'm winning consistently enough I can't shake the feeling that I'm playing it wrong since I've never felt anywhere near a one turn kill.

I dunno about videos but this guide covers the basics (I don't like the kittens, mischiefs and snipes seem better to me):

https://maidtokill.wordpress.com/2017/01/05/roach-combo-deckguide/

The basic idea is to get 0-cost minions with your evos in turns 4-6, save them, and then use them and bounces to fuel your roach damage. One turn kills (20 damage) are not really that common, you usually do some damage on the first few turns and then finish them up with cute roaches.

For your combos it helps to think about them backwards and remember to use the least expensive cards first. So, if you have 2 roaches and 7pp you want to finish the combo with the two roaches so that's 4pp you'll need at the end. Then you look at your hand and the board and see what the hell can you do with your other 3pp. If you have a nature's guidance then the optimal path is usually to drop your 0pp crap (3 of them normally), then a roach which you scoop back with nature guidance (3pp) and then the two roaches. That is the super-typical 4-6-7 combo on an empty board everybody is afraid of.

The true OTKs are rare and usually involve longer guidance combos or triple roaches. The cheapest practical one is to drop 3 0-pp mons into an empty board, then scoop one back with guidance followed by triple roach plus evo for 5-6-9 damage with 7pp.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

I love every video that ends with someone decking themselves by mistake

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

trucutru posted:

Face dragon is fine. It's a tier 2 kind of deck. The issue is that everybody and their grandma are either running the BS decks or anti-aggro which limits face dragon.

But it's perfectly fine to start with. You'll only start having trouble in A1 or such.

I'm only in the Beginner ranks, I've mostly been playing Take Two. Which for some reason I feel like I "get" a lot better than Arena in Hearthstone. Had a few perfect runs with Dragon and Swordcraft, and I really enjoy the way both of them play. Rewards seem pretty great for playing that mode.

This is kind of a weird question, but is there any way to enable Japanese language from the English client on steam? Are they separate regions/servers like HS?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Eidolon of Madness and Manifestation of Faith to poo poo like 20/20 of stats onto the board may not be super consistent but it is great fun.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I'm only in the Beginner ranks, I've mostly been playing Take Two. Which for some reason I feel like I "get" a lot better than Arena in Hearthstone. Had a few perfect runs with Dragon and Swordcraft, and I really enjoy the way both of them play. Rewards seem pretty great for playing that mode.

This is kind of a weird question, but is there any way to enable Japanese language from the English client on steam? Are they separate regions/servers like HS?

They are the same server. And you can indeed change the language pack in the steam and mobile (if you have root, I think) versions. This is the first link I found:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowverse/comments/5kzm44/jp_voicepack_sleeves_for_pc_rise_of_bahamut/

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Cinnamon Bear posted:

There's no clean way of doing it, but you can fiddle with the sound files manually and download the Japanese sounds from somewhere. We share servers with the Japanese players.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

If you just want to switch everything over to the japanese client you can just choose it from the language options in steam (right click the game and choose properties), if you just want the voices or whatever you can do it but it's more involved and will need to be re-changed every time the game is patched

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I recently noticed that Deathbrand says "Destroy an enemy follower with 3 or less defense. If you have enough shadows you can choose to use Necromancy (4) to destroy an enemy follower with 4 or more defense." IE: Even when you have 4 or more shadows, you can choose not to use them by targeting a follower with 3 or less defense. Was it always like this, or did they change it in the expansion or something? I recall consciously making the decision not to use it sometimes, so as not to waste shadows, so was I just being stupid or was this an undocumented buff to Shadowcraft?

For the record, I've used it in-game and seen that it didn't cost shadows, so it's not just a matter of the wording.

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010
It was always like that, in both text and function.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Yeah it was always like that but I think it's the only one. (the 2 damage spell will always do 4 damage if you have the shadows etc.)

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I was pretty proud of myself for figuring out how to make this lethal

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamn, had a ramp dragon with a god hand. Ramped 4 times and had Siegfrieds to kill all my stuff and still be at 20 hp on turn six when he dropped Bahamut. Well, who the gently caress cares? Bahamut gets mischied'ed back to the hand, comes back, I drop whatever non-combo poo poo I have in my hand and down comes Fafnir and clears the place (Had an ancient elf in there otherwise Forte comes out) and I take 13 to the face. But I now have 8pp with roach forest so 20 -> 0.

Poor dragon, he had the dream. :sad:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

So I'm at C3 rank right now, I've played about fifteen games tonight and won maybe two of them. It seems like every single person at this point has some really expensive deck like Daria/Levi or a full-on Forestcraft deck. I have an Aggro blood deck right now but I'm getting totally trashed despite all the great things I've been hearing about it recently, what's the strategy for countering these decks where they can remove your cards pretty much every turn? I also have the Elana Seraph hybrid deck but it seems very draw-based, and even then it seems like there's almost nothing I can do against a guy who evolves two Levi's on turn 4/5

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I took a break from the ladder for like a week and hopped back on today. I'd held on to tons of stuff from the new set that I figured was probably dreck but wanted things to pan out a little and see if I had missed anything. Now that I felt safer about dusting some stuff I was able to put together the current Seraph list and other than when you just lose a coin flip against aggro blood it's pretty goddamn great against the field. Unless things go horrifically wrong tomorrow, I'll be in AA0 after one more session.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

So I'm at C3 rank right now, I've played about fifteen games tonight and won maybe two of them. It seems like every single person at this point has some really expensive deck like Daria/Levi or a full-on Forestcraft deck. I have an Aggro blood deck right now but I'm getting totally trashed despite all the great things I've been hearing about it recently, what's the strategy for countering these decks where they can remove your cards pretty much every turn? I also have the Elana Seraph hybrid deck but it seems very draw-based, and even then it seems like there's almost nothing I can do against a guy who evolves two Levi's on turn 4/5

Good draws of Levis and Piercing Runes are going to be insanely hard to beat even in a favored matchup. Those cards are straight busted. That said, it IS your favored matchup, so the fact that your record isn't matching that means there's still plenty of room to improve your play. It's hard to know where you lack though. If you put up some videos that'd help a lot. Describing your mulligans would help a little until then though.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jan 17, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Yeah it was always like that but I think it's the only one. (the 2 damage spell will always do 4 damage if you have the shadows etc.)

Well, there's also the new 1 cost spell that no one will ever use.

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

So how do I link the thing from my IOS to Steam?

I've been trying for the past hour now and I simply can't figure it out since the internet guides on how-to are outdated involving getting a link-code.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

You can't link from IOS to steam now (blame Apple), https://shadowverse.com/news/important/news-0046

Found this post that implies you might be able to do it by linking it to your facebook account? (though this guy did it the opposite way, from steam account to IOS)

quote:

I just figured out how to do it, but it's extremely complicated, and you'll need an android emulator. First, get the link code from your steam copy. Then, install an android emulator (or borrow a friend's android phone), and install Shadowverse on the android. On the android, use the link code from your steam copy of Shadowverse to link the accounts. Then, on the android, link Shadowverse to your Facebook account (make sure to replace any existing Shadowverse accounts on that Facebook profile). Finally, on your iPhone, link Shadowverse to your Facebook account (this time, keeping the data on Facebook and overwriting any data on your iPhone). Your iPhone Shadowverse will now be linked to your Steam Shadowverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I posted somewhere up thread about it. It's possible to take an existing iOS account and link it over to steam using that same method basically, but you link iOS to facebook, open an emulator in android, link that to facebook too, it'll prompt you to sync data or whatever between the two, then you can generate a device link on android that you can then use on the steam account.

It's loving stupid though and makes no sense why they disabled it only between iOS and steam.

• Locked thread