Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
someone probably should have told them space is three dimensional

but i guess you can just hang nets in the water and have fish swim directly into it because they are stupid, so basically romulan commanders are descendant from tilapia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Fat Shat Sings posted:

i think it was this thread and not the TV IV one talking about how Polaski was a good addition to the TNG cast

except I don't think so because they tried to create the Bones -> Spock conflict between her and Data and really she just came off as bullying an autistic robot with the mentality of a child

I think Pulaski was initially dismissive of Data, but as she got to know him came to respect him as an android. But she was never really on board with his quest to be human, as she felt he should just try to be a really good android. The fact that Data was programmed to try to be human probably didn't come up.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Pulaski was great because everyone in the first two seasons of TNG was an uptight, self aggrandizing rear end in a top hat. She was just more blatant about it.

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"
DS9 had the biggest rear end in a top hat of all and he flew a shuttle into a dead star to free his wife from his assholishness

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dicky mouse posted:

DS9 had the biggest rear end in a top hat of all and he flew a shuttle into a dead star to free his wife from his assholishness

That episode is terrible and he is 80 90 percent of the reason. You have my sword.

edit: I know I said I'm not skipping but I feel asleep during that one. I think probably a defense mechanism was tripped.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

That episode was designed as a soothing balm to make Bashir more tolerable for the rest of the series.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

...and the pitch! posted:

That episode is terrible and he is 80 90 percent of the reason. You have my sword.

edit: I know I said I'm not skipping but I feel asleep during that one. I think probably a defense mechanism was tripped.

Seriously what the gently caress was that character, or the other starfleet ship cobbled together from the back half of the runabout set that we saw once in TNG and a leftover bridge from the movies

Ohh hoo ho ho look at me i'm such an amazing scientician that I crafted this beautiful waterfall you'll never see also here's my hot wife a hoo ho ho guess I'm tired of living I'm off to kill myself!

what

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tighclops posted:

Seriously what the gently caress was that character, or the other starfleet ship cobbled together from the back half of the runabout set that we saw once in TNG and a leftover bridge from the movies

Ohh hoo ho ho look at me i'm such an amazing scientician that I crafted this beautiful waterfall you'll never see also here's my hot wife a hoo ho ho guess I'm tired of living I'm off to kill myself!

what

Lord knows the B plot isn't great.

Sisko meets a lady and is mesmerized. He is so in to her. She is never mentioned again.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I must have repressed this episode because I've completely forgotten which one it is

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

It's the one with the chocolate skinned woman who appears to Sisko and starts a romance with him as a telegraphic projection of that rear end in a top hat scientists wife when she was asleep and doesn't even hook up with him even after her husband pulls the ultimate beta move and gives his life for no real reason so she could be free to bang dudes within a generation of herself

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That dude a ~*~terraformer~*~ which apparently is the most exciting, rewarding, rock starrish job in the whole galaxy. For 44 minutes at least. For single handedly saving a planet some culture gave him an indentured wife, but surprise that race mates for life and despite his bravado he feels kinda bad that his hot wife is miserable and stuck with him forever. Also she's physic so she forms a new personality while she's asleep that that personality goes off to bang Sisko. So to go out in a blaze of glory he flies a shuttle into a star to reboot it while also freeing his hot wife so she can go home and not be miserable anymore.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

What if we made the guest star an unctuous jackass with a massive ego?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

counterfeitsaint posted:

That dude a ~*~terraformer~*~ which apparently is the most exciting, rewarding, rock starrish job in the whole galaxy. For 44 minutes at least. For single handedly saving a planet some culture gave him an indentured wife, but surprise that race mates for life and despite his bravado he feels kinda bad that his hot wife is miserable and stuck with him forever. Also she's physic so she forms a new personality while she's asleep that that personality goes off to bang Sisko. So to go out in a blaze of glory he flies a shuttle into a star to reboot it while also freeing his hot wife so she can go home and not be miserable anymore.

Whoa, that must have been either one I skipped based on the opinions is the tviv trek thread at the time, or one that my pot-addled brain pushed to the back like all the times my neighbor invited me over but then couldn't seem to find his pants.

Either way, getting an indentured spouse would be a tough call. In one sense, you wouldn't want to ever make someone exist in a situation they hated and was without love. On the other hand, it would be pretty easy to be like "dude this is what your people want of you and I'm from Earth, we're not allowed to ever judge any culture that's not our own because they're all beautiful and also dude just bend over for a little while and maybe send a communique to Deanna Troi and have her send you some sundae recipes because I like some meat on my indentured sex husbands you know what just do a space Google search for 'fat adama' and come back to me when you're a porky little cum pig"

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Star Trek: just do a space Google search for 'fat adama' and come back to me when you're a porky little cum pig

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Tighclops posted:

Star Trek: just do a space Google search for 'fat adama' and come back to me when you're a porky little cum pig

username / post combo

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
It's a super forgettable episode, and I guess I got a lot of the details wrong. She was just a dignitary's daughter who got infatuated apparently, but still ended up stuck in a life long relationship that made her unhappy.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Second_Sight_(episode)

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Lord of Pie posted:

I just got up to season 4 and Seven acts like less of a robot than Kes did :lol:

I guess you don't have to listen to the director when you're blowing the producer.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Hey, Kes had good scenes when she actually had poo poo to do on the show. I love her chewing up the scenery in Warlord, just smashing stuff up and trying to have a threesome with her wife and buddy.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Still, in the long run I'd rather have back that intermediate bulk container of water that they traded for her than have her around on the crew.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

They obviously intended to have her around for a while since they stuck her in a velour catsuit for like three episodes, but it was too late, Harry Kim was already one of the top 50 sexy dudes

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Speaking of which, did she ever go to prison for flashing those kids from her trailer park porch or whatever happened there a while back?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
No they just made her marry neelix

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
crisco disco where can we hook up

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Anybody ever think about how creepy it is that Odo turns part of his body into a coffee cup and coffee and drinks it?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Anybody ever think about how creepy it is that Odo turns part of his body into a coffee cup and coffee and drinks it?

Do you spit out every last mouthful of saliva you excrete?

No of course not. We are all of us our own favorite beverage.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

shadow puppet of a posted:

Do you spit out every last mouthful of saliva you excrete?

No of course not. We are all of us our own favorite beverage.

I do

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

ChiralCondensate posted:

crisco disco where can we hook up

You ever hang out behind the laundromat

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
the only acceptable answer is that alleyway where sisko cleans clams or whatever the gently caress

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
That sounds damp and smelling of seafood and those are two thumbs down from this guy

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Lord of Pie posted:

They obviously intended to have her around for a while since they stuck her in a velour catsuit for like three episodes, but it was too late, Harry Kim was already one of the top 50 sexy dudes

Was that the plan? Like really?

I always thought that it was strange that they gave her a "sexy" uniform and let her grow out her hair for the last few episodes before getting rid of her.
So Garrett Wang making "sexy guy" according to People Magazine was what saved him and put Kes out to pasture?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Dude you can't ignore the results

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

His pants are crying.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

criscodisco posted:

That sounds damp and smelling of seafood and those are two thumbs down from this guy

When I worked at McDonald's in college there were these two dudes who worked with us that were brothers. One was all lumpy and looked like a potato but the good one Joel was loving hot and on slow nights we'd have a "who has the best back" contest in the kitchen where all the kitchen guys would take off their shirts and flex and we'd rate their backs and Joel would always win because clearly he had the best back

Anyway, this was in Florida and one time Joel was like "oh hey I really need a ride from my other job to McDonald's maybe you could pick me up from my job and I could shower at your place before we go with the dinner shift at McDonald's" and believe me I knew what that meant but then I went to pick him up and it turns out his other job was at the pier and like his whole thing was hitting crabs in the head with a hammer and usually a job like that would be boner time but after like ten feet in the car I had to pull over at a Circle K and be like oh man please wear this trash bag you smell so bad so I don't care how good your back is if you smell like seafood I say that's game over for this fella

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I've only ever seen. Like one episode of voyager and this is stillthe best thread on the forums by a wide margin

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

criscodisco posted:

When I worked at McDonald's in college there were these two dudes who worked with us that were brothers. One was all lumpy and looked like a potato but the good one Joel was loving hot and on slow nights we'd have a "who has the best back" contest in the kitchen where all the kitchen guys would take off their shirts and flex and we'd rate their backs and Joel would always win because clearly he had the best back

Anyway, this was in Florida and one time Joel was like "oh hey I really need a ride from my other job to McDonald's maybe you could pick me up from my job and I could shower at your place before we go with the dinner shift at McDonald's" and believe me I knew what that meant but then I went to pick him up and it turns out his other job was at the pier and like his whole thing was hitting crabs in the head with a hammer and usually a job like that would be boner time but after like ten feet in the car I had to pull over at a Circle K and be like oh man please wear this trash bag you smell so bad so I don't care how good your back is if you smell like seafood I say that's game over for this fella

i think we are gonna have to agree to disagree cause that seafood alleyway seems romantic as gently caress and if i were into dudes the smell of hammered crab wouldn't stop me if he was that good looking

naem
May 29, 2011

dampness and the smell of seafood, like a beautiful vagina. like a bajoran's face crinckles...

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Oh no way you sit in a CRX with a whole bunch of crab brain stink and pop a boner I'd like to see you try

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
i think i could do it but i like ladies and no sexy ladies wanna be in a CRX full of crab brains so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Yeah that's why dudes are better because the sexy chicks are all hostesses at le Cirque and don't got time for your nonsense but even the hottest dudes are just working that knee hammer thing that makes sure your carpets stay down in the corners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Wait why would you hammer crabs? All that tender wasted body meat :ohdear: