Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I liked the first part of the episode, it was pretty interestingly done and it was amusing he got resurrected as a magical girl because he told God only weak people who aren't doing well believe in God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/819945177041268736

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Ep 2 of Youjo Senki was a lot more entertaining than the first. Sky slalom was spiffy.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

:stare:
Also lol the name of the image is "They're Inside the Dreamcast.jpg"

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
ACCA is super stylish and chill, although I still hate their uniforms. This is annoying because I was hoping I could just skip it, but instead it's good.

The subs the main character's name wrong is hilarious, though. :downs:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 13, 2017

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Second episode of Tanya the Evil should have been the first episode of Tanya the Evil because that was a whole lot more interesting in every way.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Novel - Manga - Anime

I feel like the girl on the bottom has spiders on her face or something with those eyelashes.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ViggyNash posted:

Second episode of Tanya the Evil should have been the first episode of Tanya the Evil because that was a whole lot more interesting in every way.
I can understand the studio's angle of 'who is this devilish girl who calls herself a salesman what does she do we'll find out more next episode' hook and sinker. Perhaps they feared that showing episode 2 first would put people off because it's 'yet another isekai setup yaaaawn', or something like that, which nevertheless did not translate as well as it should've.

Also dat Overlord Poster S2 when?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 13, 2017

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/pancakeparadox/status/819987853413380096

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

considering they talk about it like 10 times in that scene, no

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Youjo Senki is pretty good. Love the use of artillery, the not-WW1 setting, the loving ski troopers. The only thing I didn't like within these first two episodes is subordinate girl's eyes. Was hesitant to try another reincarnation anime after the crap that was re:zero, but this is really fun so far.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://files.catbox.moe/wac59g.webm

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
oh lmao, so thats what was on my feeds. i was wondering why people were playing some random flash jrpg

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Fuuka has turned out to be a good romance series. There are some gratuitous scenes, but they're done in context of a high-school boy rather than slapstick 'I fell and you saw my panties x3' fanservice.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Thor-Stryker posted:

Fuuka has turned out to be a good romance series. There are some gratuitous scenes, but they're done in context of a high-school boy rather than slapstick 'I fell and you saw my panties x3' fanservice.

Get out while you still can

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

I made the mistake of reading the Fuuka manga after the first couple of episodes, but I'm all better now. Mostly.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah without spoiling anything if you're watching fuuka then be prepared for drama

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't drama the whole point of... dramas? :v:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

actually people should keep watching Fuuka and just post their reactions here in like seven episodes

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

dogsicle posted:

actually people should keep watching Fuuka and just post their reactions here in like seven episodes

I'm gonna do this. I'll avoid the manga too.

This isn't getting into extreme fanservice ecchi stuff is it? I'd prefer heartbreak and the feels.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Thor-Stryker posted:

This isn't getting into extreme fanservice ecchi stuff is it? I'd prefer heartbreak and the feels.

It's definitely not the former.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

Not having watched ep 3 yet, from the first 2 episodes it seems to be setting up for some pretty bad jealousy.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

dogsicle posted:

I'll avoid it, but definitely encourage this.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

dogsicle posted:

It seems to me most people already know who the best girl is, so I'm not sure if this will be as fun as you hope it to be.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Apparently I didn't actually post the Urara Meirochou OP/ED last week, even though I thought I did:

https://files.catbox.moe/opuvvy.webm

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Triggerhappypilot posted:

It seems to me most people already know who the best girl is, so I'm not sure if this will be as fun as you hope it to be.

It's Fuuka obviously

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Allarion posted:

It's Fuuka obviously

lol

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Is Fuuka going to turn into "My Lie in April"?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Keep on truckin, Fuuka fans.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

darkgray posted:

Novel - Manga - Anime

I feel like the girl on the bottom has spiders on her face or something with those eyelashes.

Girl on the bottom has the good old innsmouth look.

Also, the show is basically Flashman the anime, so I'm intrigued.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

dogsicle posted:

Congratulations on convincing me to watch Fuuka. It better be entertaining or I'm holding you responsible.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Keep on truckin, Fuuka fans.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

AnoHito posted:

Congratulations on convincing me to watch Fuuka. It better be entertaining or I'm holding you responsible.
:same:

Edit: There's not a huge amount I'm after this season anyway, so why not.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pooka. lol

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The real question is which bicycling anime will be the best bicycling anime this season

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i liked the first ep of the kamakura one, but i'm not going to bet against yowapeda

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Guy Goodbody posted:

The real question is which bicycling anime will be the best bicycling anime this season

the answer is...

over drive

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

dogsicle posted:

i liked the first ep of the kamakura one, but i'm not going to bet against yowapeda

The first episode of yowapeda was a little weak because they had to show Makishima leaving for people who hadn't seen the movie, but they'd already covered it in the movie so they rushed through it really quick.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Armor-Piercing posted:

:same:

Edit: There's not a huge amount I'm after this season anyway, so why not.

My friend, have you watched Demi-chan and Little Witch Academia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Demi-chan yes (it's good), LWA I still need to watch the first OVA for.

• Locked thread