Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

GBS should be made into a photoshop-only forum, since they're the only good threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

whoa wait, you don't do that

crap

while I do, but D&D in general keeps trying to reason with such chumps

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Majorian posted:

I won't have you badmouthing George Harrison, you son of a bitch.

...the others, eh, fine.

i love george but his music was 100% predictable kitsch after 1980

he can complain about new-wave all he wants in blood from a clone, but there is literally nothing artistically different or worthwhile between save the world and wreck of the hesperus

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Majorian posted:

Nah, her voice is flat and her vocalizations are annoying.

you seem to think that by "artistic output" i mean "melodic quality of their music"

read about fluxus some time

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

how do i donate blood

or is it like, young children blood, what is youngblood

It's Neil Young's blood.

You really shouldn't buy it.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKJNBxDCMIs

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
tbh AA I didn't mind ragging on you hard since you were a mod and everything but after the past few months I know you didn't want any of this

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

ComradeCosmobot posted:

you seem to think that by "artistic output" i mean "melodic quality of their music"

read about fluxus some time

Nah, she's trying to sing but can't carry a tune. She's the Florence Foster Jenkins of the mid-20th century.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

tbh AA I didn't mind ragging on you hard since you were a mod and everything but after the past few months I know you didn't want any of this

Eh, it's part of the job. :shrug:

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

yoko ono was actually the best beatle and got overshadowed by how "great" her husband was, but let's laugh about her warbling ha ha ha

she's deffo sitting with laurie anderson in the pool of "people whose artistic output is wrongly ignored in favor of the shittier solo output of their abusive spouse"

i do think there's an element of misogyny to it but i've never really listened to yoko ono's stuff, so

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

"I never asked for this" -AA Jensen

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Chelb posted:

i do think there's an element of misogyny to it but i've never really listened to yoko ono's stuff, so

There's definitely misogyny to the claims that she broke up the group. They were going to break up anyway, given the differences in personalities, but she took way more blame than is warranted.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Majorian posted:

Nah, she's trying to sing but can't carry a tune. She's the Florence Foster Jenkins of the mid-20th century.

i don't think you quite understand her whole dadist shtick

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

oh yeah now i remember this emote

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Rodatose posted:

gently caress

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rodatose posted:

oh poo poo i don't think i have the parody version of it i made anymore lol

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Majorian posted:

that's not always the point tho

listen to the entirety of greenfield morning some time and get back to me

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

ComradeCosmobot posted:

that's not always the point tho

listen to the entirety of greenfield morning some time and get back to me

Too busy listening to we are the champions on repeat

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Eh, it's part of the job. :shrug:

really though I appreciate that even when we got lovely you didn't devolve into just trolling us or make you stop giving a single poo poo, guess recent events have put that in perspective

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Majorian posted:

There's definitely misogyny to the claims that she broke up the group. They were going to break up anyway, given the differences in personalities, but she took way more blame than is warranted.

don't forget the racism

oh god the racism

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

really though I appreciate that even when we got lovely you didn't devolve into just trolling us or make you stop giving a single poo poo, guess recent events have put that in perspective

funny how all it takes is a forum invasion to put things in perspective

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

hey speaking of which, what happened to the stickied thread

are we supposed to pretend it didnt happen or what

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

stone cold posted:

don't forget the racism

oh god the racism

Yeah that too.

Although there's an argument to be made that Lennon weirdly fetishized her race too.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

stone cold posted:

don't forget the racism

oh god the racism

i don't remember, i was at danang at the time

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Volkerball posted:

oh poo poo i don't think i have the parody version of it i made anymore lol

You mean this?

Thanks. I just view modding as a public service; ultimately I, personally, don't matter as much as doing my duty.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ComradeCosmobot posted:

i love george but his music was 100% predictable kitsch after 1980

:agreed:, although I actually like a couple tracks on "Brainwashed."

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Thanks. I just view modding as a public service; ultimately I, personally, don't matter as much as doing my duty.

Thank you for your service. :patriot:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hey speaking of which, what happened to the stickied thread

are we supposed to pretend it didnt happen or what

apparently there's a qcs thread to continue it where a bunch of people who hate D&D demand we get closed and Current Events gets remade as a forum

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You mean this?

lol. quite proud of that one.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Majorian has the taste and opinions of a recently retired father of two whos decided to grow a beard

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Horseshoe theory posted:

Thank you for your service. :patriot:

You're welcome.

Ah, sweet freedom.

Volkerball posted:

lol. quite proud of that one.

It was really good.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

apparently there's a qcs thread to continue it where a bunch of people who hate D&D demand we get closed and Current Events gets remade as a forum

hmm okay but like, am i supposed to just forget that ladyambien posted a thread in dnd that should have gone in the mod forum for the sole purpose of shaming a new mod, is what i mean

cause i will if i have too

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

kustomkarkommando posted:

Majorian has the taste and opinions of a recently retired father of two whos decided to grow a beard

Marty McGuinness?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

right

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

i don't remember, i was at danang at the time

how old do you think breadboii rotd is

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

KKK is eurotrash. No further retort is required.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Tesseraction posted:

Marty McGuinness?

turns out he actually has some weird rare genetic disorder which will totally kill him

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

stone cold posted:

are you also of that flora avs

because on the one hand, you are Snow White and i love your birbs and keets and doggos and animals

but otoh your workplace
as of 4pm yesterday i've got exciting news for you :unsmigghh:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Avshalom posted:

as of 4pm yesterday i've got exciting news for you :unsmigghh:

You burn the place to the ground?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years