Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

And ironically, the BLOPS3 camos are nearly as bad (MLG logo skins, looking at you).
The worst part about that poo poo was it would show that I had a new camo but nope, it was just those fuckers. So I had to deal with the little green indicator driving me bugfuck :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

And ironically, the BLOPS3 camos are nearly as bad (MLG logo skins, looking at you).

MLG sucks so it makes sense their skins are horrible.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Fuzzy might get his NV4 nerf after all today.

https://twitter.com/joececot/status/819746670199992321

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Honestly what I'd really like to see is a global nerf to sprintout scaled by weapon type and Quickdraw/ADS time. I'm sure Javes would disagree on the latter.

Fast sprintout on all guns + faster than BO3 Quickdraw ADS time + faster player upload rate than other cods = you can run around a corner at full sprint and kill the guy waiting for you already ADS.

There are arguments for it - it gives both players a fighting chance in a sudden face to face encounter, and it gives ground based players (plebs) a chance against people who go around corners 20 feet in the air (with a scuf like god intended).

But I really dislike how lovely it makes defending areas, and it's the source of a lot of the 'shoot first die first' deaths that feel like bullshit (there's a few other contributing factors there - if your net is bad or you're not near a major server cluster, all bets are off, and if you're a habitual NV4 user, you ARE going to get dumpstered by certain SMGs and other weapons at short range).

We'll see what they do, weapons are mostly in a good place now so I'm not expecting a lot of changes. Some tweaks to smgs, snipers and pump shotties maybe?

On an unrelated but hilarious note, they mentioned they're 'buffing' camos with the dlc patch at the end of the month. That crap was clearly dumped into the supply drop market with no real prep, whether because supply drop numbers were down, or because the supply drop key cheat was massively widespread. Either way they're stupendously mega awful, so any change would be an improvement.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

victrix posted:

Honestly what I'd really like to see is a global nerf to sprintout scaled by weapon type and Quickdraw/ADS time. I'm sure Javes would disagree on the latter.

Fast sprintout on all guns + faster than BO3 Quickdraw ADS time + faster player upload rate than other cods = you can run around a corner at full sprint and kill the guy waiting for you already ADS.

There are arguments for it - it gives both players a fighting chance in a sudden face to face encounter, and it gives ground based players (plebs) a chance against people who go around corners 20 feet in the air (with a scuf like god intended).

But I really dislike how lovely it makes defending areas, and it's the source of a lot of the 'shoot first die first' deaths that feel like bullshit (there's a few other contributing factors there - if your net is bad or you're not near a major server cluster, all bets are off, and if you're a habitual NV4 user, you ARE going to get dumpstered by certain SMGs and other weapons at short range).

We'll see what they do, weapons are mostly in a good place now so I'm not expecting a lot of changes. Some tweaks to smgs, snipers and pump shotties maybe?

On an unrelated but hilarious note, they mentioned they're 'buffing' camos with the dlc patch at the end of the month. That crap was clearly dumped into the supply drop market with no real prep, whether because supply drop numbers were down, or because the supply drop key cheat was massively widespread. Either way they're stupendously mega awful, so any change would be an improvement.

I don't think sprint out matters to Javes, when he never touches the ground to kill people. :ironicat:

It'll also just make that Merc ability that treats all weapons like SMGs more powerful.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I got BO3. Lets play it tonight.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

I don't think sprint out matters to Javes, when he never touches the ground to kill people. :ironicat:

It'll also just make that Merc ability that treats all weapons like SMGs more powerful.

Nah that's just movement speed. Currently almost* all the guns already have the same sprintout speed, it's why idiots can sprint into you with an AR or LMG and kill you even if you were preaiming (or sometimes loving prefiring) a corner.

Scaling sprintout to weapon type and slowing ads time would give an edge to the prepared player in face to face encounters, and penalize people who sprint straight into the open or into gunfights.

It would give something of an edge to people who round corners in the air already ADS, but frankly anyone using a scuf/elite or even bumper jumper and using movement aggressively already have an edge.

The overall time differences aren't huge across the board from BO3->IW, but there are some notable exceptions. One of the most notable I can think of is the normal sprintout time in IW (150ms) + the ADS time of an AR with Quickdraw (125ms) is 275ms... that's less than the sprintout of an LMG in BO3.

Now that's no Fast Hands/GH in BO3, and it's an LMG, but christ. Figure 50-100ms of netlag, 100ms of engine lag, you have maybe a 75-125ms edge over a dude who sprints right into you. That's not much of an edge! It's why you so often finish a fight with three hitmarkers on you, nearly dead, because you literally won the fight by a cats asshair.

fwiw, it was even easier to dumpster on people in BO3 jumping around corners like a maniac, and that'd be true here too if they changed it, but that is right and proper :colbert:

(*Sleeper gun of IW is Mauler, with Hollow Point and either faster ADS or better hipfire variant +laser sight and gungho. Super fast sprintout with either super fast ads or super tight hipfire, kills about as fast as the Kbar but with way more ammo, crazy weapon)

edit: Grounded is back in rotation, double xp weekend :toot:

e:e:e:e: Patch notes http://charlieintel.com/2017/01/13/new-playlist-update-infinite-warfare-live-ps4xb1pc-epic-gun-game-weapon-changes/

victrix fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 13, 2017

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

victrix posted:

:smugdog:

quote:

Slight increase to Quick Draw speed with snipers

SMGs: Increased hip aim assist range to 800 inches. Increased ADS aim assist range to 1400 inches

FHR 40 and RPR Evo: Increased ADS aim assist range to 1200 inches

MacTav-45: Increased ADS aim assist range to 1500 inches

Shotguns: Increased hip and ADS aim assist ranges to 600 inches matching the max damage range

Also slight howitzer buff, small R3K accuracy bump when zoomed with VMC, and some funny bonus assist point buffs to black hole grenades and seeker grenades.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Still no mention of the Combat Record, Medal Viewer, or Leaderboards.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mill Village posted:

Still no mention of the Combat Record, Medal Viewer, or Leaderboards.

Know what game has all of that? Black Ops 3.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

And more than one taunt to choose from at a time.

And distinct character personalities.

And faces.

And costume options that aren't the laziest loving poo poo possible.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Any mention if we'll be able to use the Switch's Joy-con's HD Rumble feature to simulate jerking off Bobby Kotick in the Switch version of IW?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Any mention if we'll be able to use the Switch's Joy-con's HD Rumble feature to simulate jerking off Bobby Kotick in the Switch version of IW?

Leaked IW Switch screen:

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
I finally got blops 3 to reinstall properly, so I can partake next time (revotfel)

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
For the first time in forever I've got the cod itch. How often are there full goon groups going on at this time in the cycle, and should I pick it up on PS4 or Xbone in order to maximise my chances of playing with goons?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No one plays on bone. On PS4 we usually have one full group every night or so. Usually 3-4 in the afternoon early night at least.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
They broke lethal scorestreaks with the patch, they're hit marker machines now apparently. According to their CM they're working on an emergency patch.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Javes posted:

They broke lethal scorestreaks with the patch, they're hit marker machines now apparently. According to their CM they're working on an emergency patch.
Hahaha. They loving broke cryo mines, too. Now you get hitmarkers when you stick them to wall runs instead of kills. Yes, the otherwise completely lovely cryo mine is OP. I think at this point if you step on it, it politely asks if you'd like some ice in your drink.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I played a game of BO3 and the game made me use Ruin's Gravity Spike even though I was Seraph. :laugh:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

SubponticatePoster posted:

Hahaha. They loving broke cryo mines, too. Now you get hitmarkers when you stick them to wall runs instead of kills. Yes, the otherwise completely lovely cryo mine is OP. I think at this point if you step on it, it politely asks if you'd like some ice in your drink.

I have been wondering why I've been able to just slide through Cryo mines without turning glacial.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
I haven't been on at all this week because my baby has been sick. Sounds like I missed IW finally going down the shitter? Do I need to pick up Blops3?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The latest update broke the game in many ways, so get Blops3 instead.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
Me (revotfel) and NSA are going old school right now if anyone wants in (blops3)

Edit: and Macy's

feverish and oversexed fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 14, 2017

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'm in.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I won't be around to Blop until Monday :(

I'll probably be sniping to finish off the SVG. Then it's on to pistols and Dark Matter! :D

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Apparently I only played Blops for 18 hours. I got a lot of grinding ahead of me.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Ok. I'll scoop it up and be on tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Hell to the gently caress yes, great games tonight.

The difference in consistency of netcode between matches is literally night and day. Even three barred (yes, it actually shows less than four bars!), I was still having better results than that broken loving garbage made by a fourth tier dev that deserves to be shutdown known as Infinite Warfare.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

And the weapons are more desirable in Blops 3. I remember grabbing someone's nail gun and I just loved it. Feels so nice in a game that has not-so-nice feeling guns.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
how do I get 110+ dollars so I can buy yet another overpriced game

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Get $20, go to GameStop and get BO3.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
yeah lemme go spend another 150 on a console

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
Last night was the funnest I've had in group for a while. It was definitely a nice change from our recent games on iw.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Epic gun game is super fun, y'all.

(No launchers in it)

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

I'm gonna go grab BO3 at lunch time, so I'll be around 1pm to shoot mans in a good game.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

feverish and oversexed posted:

Last night was the funnest I've had in group for a while. It was definitely a nice change from our recent games on iw.

Bo3 is sooo much better. I'll be on tomorrow night. Day 3 of a 3 day run with the not-boyfriend.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Is having only the first map pack going to mess things up for matchmaking?

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Mill Village posted:

Who cares? I just poo poo all over a level 900 something guy as a level 54 non prestige and he was SAAAALTY

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Epic gun game is super fun, y'all.

(No launchers in it)

I love how launchers in this game have been nerfed in every single patch to make sure the playerbase never uses them for anything except destroying streaks, with a blast radius barely larger than melee range now.

Every update from :iw: is just one more reason to stop playing their game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mill Village posted:

You'll probably be fine because there is an edition of BO3 with DLC1 included, and IIRC it became the promoted edition halfway through the life cycle.

• Locked thread