Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Whoever is doing the photography for the Sixers in the past week is quite good.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/820096166658539520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I'm rooting for the sixers.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

chunkles posted:

Please, astronauts have been watching Rockets games from the ISS for a decade now.

Also, this woman was recently sentenced for statutory rape in Houston and all I could think of was e2m2's avatar

It was crazy there a frontpage reddit article about her and 0 commenters addressed the shirt and its hosed Up Yet True implications

How did he know
Faried was behind him?
I say a prayer
When Ken and the rim meet

dokmo posted:

Is Ian Clark any good?
Warriors players now get the system boost like Spurs players. This is like when people asked Is Cory Joseph any good?

RaySmuckles posted:

i think he's cool and his highlights are awesome, but it looked like a pretty naked travel to me.

"Waive off the dunk I don't want this in my league" is what you are saying. >:[

Relaxation of the gather step and the clear path foul are two of the recent improvements that makes this the best league in the world.

Delay of game techs are helping too now that refs don't have to call them as much.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

RaySmuckles posted:

i don't want to be "that guy" but how is that not a travel? there's like 3-4 steps in there after the gather.

i think he's cool and his highlights are awesome, but it looked like a pretty naked travel to me.

I think it was in the SI article on Giannis where it mentioned every coach thinks he travels and then they watch the tape and realize he's not.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
i stick by my story on this one.

note: i think giannis is cool and good and i don't think everything he does is a travel. its just this one particular instance where he definitely takes 3-5 steps after gathering the ball into his hands. its just this one play, i still think he/it are cool.

edit: after a second look, its closer than i think, but i still think he's taking 3 steps. no i don't want them to waive off the dunk, i'm just pointing out that this particular incident is a travel

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jan 14, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
the twolves used the secret sacrificial ritual to make the thunder incapable of making a basket very rude of thibs imo

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Metapod posted:

the twolves used the secret sacrificial ritual to make the thunder incapable of making a basket very rude of thibs imo

Poor Zach LaVine. RIP dunks.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Metapod posted:

Well Russ made half his twos, but he just had to keep jackin up those threes like surely they had to start going in eventually!!!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Go Grizzlies....bihhhhhh

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Go Grizzlies....bihhhhhh

its finally proven... Tony Allen god, James Harden fraud

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Grizzlies came back from 15 down to beat a divisional rival on the back of Tony Allen, a man who holds the Guinness World Record for "Most Fuckups of Easy Layups"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Metapod posted:

Live footage of the sacrifice

https://streamable.com/u3on5

:rip:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

RaySmuckles posted:

i don't want to be "that guy" but how is that not a travel? there's like 3-4 steps in there after the gather.

Rule of Cool

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

straight up brolic posted:

nah it's just two. he's taking steps during the gather, but after he has officially picked up his dribble it's only two steps. Either way it's fluid enough that it'd likely not be called

I think this is correct, if you count three steps, the ball is just a split second from returning to his hand for the first, no travel

dokmo posted:

Is Ian Clark any good?

He's the only Warrior as small as Steph Curry, that's my scouting report

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 14, 2017

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

The Grizzlies came back from 15 down to beat a divisional rival on the back of Tony Allen, a man who holds the Guinness World Record for "Most Fuckups of Easy Layups"

Meanwhile Blazers continue to be the Blazers.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/820028271698079744

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Jeff Van Gundy is so prickly and condescending to fans while simultaneously missing the point of the all star game
"They demonstrate every year that they don't deserve a vote and we keep giving them a vote and I don't understand it."
Voter suppression all over 2017 already, man

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
The West is so far ahead of the east it's not even funny. By SRS the number 1 west team is better than the number 1 east team 2 better than 2 and so on. Every single west team has a higher SRS at each position, except 9th. The Wolves have hosed it up by being extremely "unlucky" in their point distributions.

Is this the most lopsided year ever?

Bashez fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jan 14, 2017

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Jeff Van Gundy is so prickly and condescending to fans while simultaneously missing the point of the all star game
"They demonstrate every year that they don't deserve a vote and we keep giving them a vote and I don't understand it."

At least he saw the light and put Embiid in his starting 5. Praise the Process.

I like Clark. He's like the little kid brother off the bench that excites Steph/Klay/KD. Without looking it up, I would have guessed he's shooting around 38% on 3-pointers.; surprised to see he's sitting at 43%.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jan 14, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

That entire podcast was two borderline :spergin: dudes on the verge of tears about an exhibition game that exists for entertainment because they think it seriously affects the easiest Hall of Fame in sports.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Henchman of Santa posted:

That entire podcast was two borderline :spergin: dudes on the verge of tears about an exhibition game that exists for entertainment because they think it seriously affects the easiest Hall of Fame in sports.

How is NBA the easiest hall of fame in sports?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

The NBA doesn't have a hall of fame. Basketball does, though. And you either have to be famous, really good, or really important internationally.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

It's not the NBA it's basketball. College, Foreign, and the NBA

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Kibner posted:

The NBA doesn't have a hall of fame. Basketball does, though. And you either have to be famous, really good, or really important internationally.
And tbh it's the way a Hall of Fame should be. It's way better than in baseball and football where even the best players have to wait years to get in - if at all - because a bunch of self-important people with their heads up their asses treat voting like it's a Papal Conclave.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Hall of Fame works way better as a concept than it does an actual thing.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

It seems like the NFL solved that fake problem ages ago, when they just accepted that the all star game was a lark, and the all pro list was the actual list of best players.

We should think only of all nba teams when discussing credentials, problem solved. But if Zaza gets in I'll be very happy, not all of us have the guts to let our steroid induced cystic backne shine bright, but Zaza does

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

This is magnificent

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Embiid is singlehandedly making me cheer for the 76ers based on cult of personality alone, that's a Leader of Men if I ever seen one

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Whoever is doing the photography for the Sixers in the past week is quite good.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/820096166658539520

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Embiid needs a talkshow

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
How long before the Embiid is unfunny backlash.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
When the 76ers are an actual threat

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tae posted:

When the 76ers are an actual threat

So not any time foreseeable while the LeBron buzzsaw still lurks.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Metapod posted:

Maybe Thibs made the shots miss but no one but westbrook made him keep up jacking garbage threes.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

straight up brolic posted:

I don't care how old you are I'll shank you

shanks for the memories

or as the goon said before going in for breast reduction surgery

Mr. Mambold fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 14, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

Maybe Thibs made the shots miss but no one but westbrook made him keep up jacking garbage threes.

Russ forgot the most important rule: when the jumpers don't land, the dunks you must slam

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

It's actually kind of impressive when zach Lowe has a guest on who's a bigger basketball :spergin: than he is
"Yes I would consider Jimmy butler for the all-star game if the bulls had two more wins"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

dokmo posted:

How long before the Embiid is unfunny backlash.

Do people hate Shaq yet?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Doltos posted:

Do people hate Shaq yet?

what do you mean "yet"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Tae posted:

what do you mean "yet"
This
He was the proto Dwight Howard don't let your love of kazaam blind you

• Locked thread