Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

May has two Mariners/Sounders double-headers, June has two, one of which is a weekday game, July has one, and then I was too lazy to keep looking. If the Mariners are semi-decent again this year, there will be a lot of stadium chaos this year.

And I'll probably break my liver from too much day drinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
^^^ Lovely.

Other things to note:

*17 home, 17 away. 1 game vs. out-of-conference foes, home-and-away vs. in-conference foes with 1 additional game vs. 3 in-conference foes (for example, Seattle makes extra trips to LA and Vancouver while hosting Portland again).
*Rivalry Week(s) are no longer in the beginning of the goddamn season.
*League-wide hiatus for Gold Cup group stage (July 7-17)
*End-of-season scheduling (penultimate week has simultaneous kickoffs for the two conferences, final week simultaneous kickoff for everyone) continues
*UniMas is now airing games on Saturday alongside LigaMX games. Friday games continue, but they'll mostly be on regular broadcast setups instead of UniMas (yay)
*FOX is airing 4 games: LA@ORL, POR@SEA, NYC@NYR, ORL@ATL (Orlando twice? :confused:)
*First match: MIN@POR (3/3, 6:30PST)
*MLS Live is still not dead yet

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jan 12, 2017

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Chargers kicker was a goalkeeper in college and drafted 8th overall in the 2008 SuperDraft.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Rapids get Dallas, RSL and Vancouver as their extra games. No real surprise. But at least they get RSL away on a Saturday in August...that'll be a nice change of pace.

How is Toronto weather in July? Hot and muggy or downright not bad?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

TheBoyBlunder posted:

How is Toronto weather in July? Hot and muggy or downright not bad?

think 30-33C with 150% humidity

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Azerban posted:

think 30-33C with 150% humidity

In American please.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

wicka posted:

The Chargers kicker was a goalkeeper in college and drafted 8th overall in the 2008 SuperDraft.
It's really hard to believe he's still only 25 or so.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

In American please.

like a hot stream of piss to the face constantly

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

Xylorjax posted:

Wait, the Chargers are gonna play in a 27000 seat stadium? How does that make any drat sense at all?

I was under the impression that NFL teams got a comparatively small portion of their revenue from ticket sales, compared with the amount they get from merchandise, cable TV contracts, and so on. I can't find really great data, but it looks like the Chargers earned about 16% of their 344 million dollar revenue from ticket sales in 2015. Moving into a stadium half that capacity would result in an 8% drop in revenue, which is certainly significant, but is also manageable for a period of two years while a new stadium is built.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Doesn't Stub Hub cap capacity low for weekday games due to a school or something? I feel like I remember teasing the Galaxy about this before. If so, does that mean the Chargers won't do M or Th games?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Was Taters posted:

Doesn't Stub Hub cap capacity low for weekday games due to a school or something? I feel like I remember teasing the Galaxy about this before. If so, does that mean the Chargers won't do M or Th games?

:) Yep! All midweek games while the college is in session have like half capacity because of parking. It's on the campus of CSU Dominguez Hills, which you should know from the wonderful movie Bring It On. It's the college Kirsten Dunst's bf goes to.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

binge crotching posted:

May has two Mariners/Sounders double-headers, June has two, one of which is a weekday game, July has one, and then I was too lazy to keep looking. If the Mariners are semi-decent again this year, there will be a lot of stadium chaos this year.

And I'll probably break my liver from too much day drinking

I love double header days. May need to attend these.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

In American please.

It hot

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Even more hilarious news about the Chargers to StubHub: Galaxy retains Primary Tenant status for the two years, meaning that the Chargers will literally have to schedule their preseason and regular season home games around the MLS schedule.

Dean Spanos is giving the NFL $650,000,000 to do this for two years before moving on.

GUYS! WE'VE MADE IT!

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/farhandevji/status/819997516615843840

Even more important...

https://twitter.com/RicFlairNatrBoy/status/819981315550355456

highme fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 13, 2017

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

It's official. I'm in hysterics. We just traded AJ to Houston for 150k GAM and 50k TAM.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

It's official. I'm in hysterics. We just traded AJ to Houston for 150k GAM and 50k TAM.

Bruce had him primed to leave already. I'm pretty bummed. Losing Juni, Omar, and now AJ is tough. At least we signed Galaxy academy turned Los Dos player Hugo Arellano to a senior contract.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

can someone who watches NCAA soccer explain why they would do that

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

We signed Dominic Oduro.... Man City Flop Oduro not Pizza Oduro

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Um. Huh. No idea what to make of this.

https://twitter.com/mlsanalyst/status/820093372685631489

Edit - He's a better super sub than Badji right now and can play a reasonably similar style to Doyle. Works for me.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 14, 2017

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

He continues the fine Rapids tradition of paying giant, slow, old, American strikers i guess.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

He continues the fine Rapids tradition of paying giant, slow, old, American strikers i guess.

Connor Casey demanded it in his Assistant Coach contract.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
One thing I like about DC with the draft is Olsen actually seems to develop young defenders well... because that's about all Olsen knows is defensive positioning and hustle. He's done well with Birnbaum, Kemp, and Korb. Here's to me hoping that Odoi-Atsem turns into someone who can take over for Sean Franklin sooner rather than later.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
DC is supposedly signing Ian Harkes, John Harkes's kid and winner of the Hermann Trophy, as a home grown player. Big if true. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.61f23b295ab0

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Hopefully the Washington Spirit signs Brooke Wynalda when she turns 18

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
interesting

https://twitter.com/PaulTenorio/status/821137024249905152

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I'd be fairly happy with this move, if it's true.

E: just confirmed by the Fire. Our midfield is looking significantly better than last year.

Hello Towel fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 17, 2017

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

It's just so weird that Chicago gives a poo poo.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Dax is a good player in this league, seems like a very good move for Chicago.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Well, that's Jersey hosed forever. Way to trade your beating heart for cash.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
If they did this than they definitely have a good trade in mind. Dax is good and cares about the team but he's beginning to fall off.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Who is more likely to play in the MLS this year, Schweinsteiger or Carrick?

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Per twitter rumors the Rapids have signed one of their African off-season targets.

linked because the tweet isn't in English

quote:

Bismark Adjei-Boateng and the Colorado Rapids have agreed a four-year contract, with an option for another year. It confirms the midfielder told VG.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Per twitter rumors the Rapids have signed one of their African off-season targets.

linked because the tweet isn't in English

Excellent, putting him in front of Azira/Cronin should at least make our counters more respectable. Looks like his skillset is:

1) Box-to-box with high recovery speed
2) Harass the ball
3) Find attacking players in good positions to screw up chances :v:

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

joshtothemaxx posted:

Who is more likely to play in the MLS this year, Schweinsteiger or Carrick?

It seems pretty clear from recent acquisitions that the Fire aren't pursuing Schweinsteiger anymore.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Also they just sold Schniderlin.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Moktaro posted:

Excellent, putting him in front of Azira/Cronin should at least make our counters more respectable. Looks like his skillset is:

1) Box-to-box with high recovery speed
2) Harass the ball
3) Find attacking players in good positions to screw up chances :v:

Boy do we have that last one in spades. :bang:

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Hello Towel posted:

I'd be fairly happy with this move, if it's true.

E: just confirmed by the Fire. Our midfield is looking significantly better than last year.

Maybe we will not be in last place overall again this year.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Boy do we have that last one in spades. :bang:

Gabby Torres Designated Player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

We officially signed Jermaine Jones and we're linked with this 23yo Portuguese CDM. The kid looks pretty good and his hair game is on point. We have been seriously been lacking the Sideshow Bob/Valderrama style in this league for too long.

• Locked thread