Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MeLKoR posted:

Chris rewatched Aliens last month.

All hands on deck for /workout!

I hope they model in a Richard Simmons character, because he's always been kind of uncanny valley and 3D digitizing him could only improve things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Galarox posted:

Ok everyone here is the book: How it works: Star Citizen. Clicky the link to download, it's a PDF

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeakavbiwcd71rb/How%20it%20Works.pdf?dl=1

Absofuckinglutely brilliant.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

You can't rework what never worked in the first place. Citizens are simply excited that CIG might be taking steps to fix their broken game.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

nawledgelambo posted:

Interesting considering Todd Pappy pretty much confirmed a 2.7 patch in the pipeline.

If this is true, loving lol

https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen/v/114492613?t=34m50s <-- Todd Pappy confirming a 2.7 patch

*notices that people are discussing 2.7 in chat*

Can we get some REKTs in chat

*yes... that will distract them*

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

All hands on deck for /workout!

I hope they model in a Richard Simmons character, because he's always been kind of uncanny valley and 3D digitizing him could only improve things.

Derek Tamras you mean?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

The Titanic posted:

That's pretty much the boat most people are in. It's not easy to yell "go get em tiger!" When most people have a normal job, families and responsibilities. I guess it might be more pressing if you were in for thousands though. Still though, I bet there will be a class action and you'll get like $6.42 ten years from now. :shrug:

Does the $6.42 count as Squadron 42?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Catte Taxxe

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Galarox posted:

Ok everyone here is the book: How it works: Star Citizen. Clicky the link to download, it's a PDF

:stare:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
again, if you have any money in this game, get refunded

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The game is unraveling...this can't possibly last another year

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Megabound posted:

Catte Taxxe

What a stupid looking catte, you can't use that for taxxe, here is now your catte probably looks after being told it's not taxxe worthy -

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Okay, when can this story come to a close? I liked the first few seasons, but things are starting to get really stale. It's all just become self-referential in-jokes and repeats of storylines that were done at least once every season. They opened up all these interesting, but ultimately unrelated subplots and teased that they would all tie into a cohesive whole, yet we haven't even touched on some of them in ages. It feels like they had a plan for the first two seasons and then ran out of steam. We are just watching them make it up as they go along and writing checks that can't be cashed. And now we learn just a few weeks ago they are planning to move the entire thing to a different setting! Are they doing this just to pad things out and draw us along with no actual end game. /rant

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sillybones posted:

Okay, when can this story come to a close? I liked the first few seasons, but things are starting to get really stale. It's all just become self-referential in-jokes and repeats of storylines that were done at least once every season. They opened up all these interesting, but ultimately unrelated subplots and teased that they would all tie into a cohesive whole, yet we haven't even touched on some of them in ages. It feels like they had a plan for the first two seasons and then ran out of steam. We are just watching them make it up as they go along and writing checks that can't be cashed. And now we learn just a few weeks ago they are planning to move the entire thing to a different setting! Are they doing this just to pad things out and draw us along with no actual end game. /rant

:lost:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Kosumo posted:

What a stupid looking catte, you can't use that for taxxe, here is now your catte probably looks after being told it's not taxxe worthy -

Sounds like you have some issues to work through commando. Don't worry, Scoops will listen.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Kosumo posted:

This is a surprisingly bad post.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 14, 2017

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Megabound posted:

Sounds like you have some issues to work through commando. Don't worry, Scoops will listen.

Dr. Scoops I have an addiction to internet spessships. Should I buy more, or I should I buy them all?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Megabound posted:

So I did and this is what I got ...

My issues continue :( Thanks for trying.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Galarox posted:

:golfclap:

You magnificent bastards are...erm...MAGNIFICENT! And Kayak is good. Aren't you, Kayak? Who's a good author?

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I was visiting my parents and the Spectrum commercial came on, like a good goon I summoned all my autisms and spent 30 minutes telling my dad the saga of Star Citizen, my dad's official statement on Star Citizen: "wow! Well I just don't know about all of that!"

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

The Stroker Ace posted:

I was visiting my parents and the Spectrum commercial came on, like a good goon I summoned all my autisms and spent 30 minutes telling my dad the saga of Star Citizen, my dad's official statement on Star Citizen: "wow! Well I just don't know about all of that!"

Heh, my mom (a fairly naive/innocent elderly lady) literally said it sounded like ponzi scheme in a conversation the other day, and I wasn't even trying to make it sound bad but by the time I made it to $500 spesships her bullshit detector couldn't handle any more, so the conversation was pretty short.

mullette tax

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The Stroker Ace posted:

That reminds me

Did they ever put out Spectrum for testing? Does anyone have any screenshots or videos of it?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Sappo569 posted:

That reminds me

Did they ever put out Spectrum for testing? Does anyone have any screenshots or videos of it?

Why would they? It's going to be so great you guys!

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Thoatse posted:

Heh, my mom (a fairly naive/innocent elderly lady) literally said it sounded like ponzi scheme in a conversation the other day, and I wasn't even trying to make it sound bad but by the time I made it to $500 spesships her bullshit detector couldn't handle any more, so the conversation was pretty short.

mullette tax

He also called it a ponzi scheme. He spent his entire life delivering dry cleaning, I told him if he got the game he could probably deliver space dry cleaning, he said he'd just want to fly space ships and shoot bad guys and wondered why someone would want to work a job in a game.

He doesn't understand fidelity.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Sappo569 posted:

That reminds me

Oh, yeah. Whatever happened with Spectrum?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

XK posted:

Oh, yeah. Whatever happened with Spectrum?

I would love to see a Reddit post on this.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Yeah, I bet all the Star Citizen fans are already on it.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Speculum

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/820013899571429376

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Derek Smart actually wanting to work for CIG would be an unexpected development in his backstory in this here greatest trainwreck drama that is Star Citizen.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Thoatse posted:

Speculum

Most open development ever!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ComfyPants posted:

Most open development ever!

Cold, clammy and questionably hygienic (given what we know of the Citizenry), but open indeed.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Hey everybody. I hope you had a wonderful Friday and have an excellent weekend planned.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

It's stuff like this that makes me think that Citizens are really looking for Dwarf Fortress and should be encouraged to contribute to that project as it has far more depth than Star Citizen ever will.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

PC gaming has been saved, chris was too late

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

One of the things I love about the Iqfish reddit thread is that not only does he think GTAV is a small project with 5x the budget of SC, but he hates that he's proof that Derek Smart is right but can't rage at him because he's blocked :allears:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Chris bursts into a room where the annual PC gaming conference is held

"Everyone STOP! I've finally finished my magnum opus, Star Citizen!"

"Cool bro." *kickflips on a hoverboard*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004