Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

more people know the name of harambe than chuck schumer, one's a dead gorilla and the other is a us senator

We Are Number One but every 'One' is the boring speech Schumer does at every UB graduation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

more people know the name of harambe than chuck schumer, one's a dead gorilla and the other is a us senator

to be fair, the average gorilla is more precious than the average us senator

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Bernie Sanders is more powerful than the democratic party.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
TBH unless somehow Trump has a great presidency over the next 4 years Bernie Sanders is probably the most powerful politician (other than trump) in the country, because whichever politician has his endorsement in the 2020 race will be the next president of the united states.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Ace of Baes posted:

TBH unless somehow Trump has a great presidency over the next 4 years Bernie Sanders is probably the most powerful politician (other than trump) in the country, because whichever politician has his endorsement in the 2020 race will be the next president of the united states.

ahahahahaha what

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ace of Baes posted:

no. He's a player, but no.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/BaltimoreMatt/status/820119395070517248

:lol:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Leaked Email Reveals Sady Doyle, Other Liberal Bloggers Coordinated with Clinton Campaign on Sanders Hits

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Typical Bernie Bro response, smdh

E: still laughing, can't breathe.

https://twitter.com/sadydoyle/status/820112403568488448

Matt Zerella has issued a correction as of 06:05 on Jan 14, 2017

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
haha she's scared about her mortality in the immediate future, fuckin bitch, owned!!!!

Like, poo poo there's better things to get all horned up over than 'someone in a bad place kinda doesn't give a poo poo about what I do' but whatever

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Tatum Girlparts posted:

haha she's scared about her mortality in the immediate future, fuckin bitch, owned!!!!

Like, poo poo there's better things to get all horned up over than 'someone in a bad place kinda doesn't give a poo poo about what I do' but whatever

You had a good run Tatum. Glad you have returned to your natural state.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Ace of Baes posted:

man bernie couldn't even get lucy flores elected

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
sorry dude I have people I care about in the same 'I may literally die before the next election so I don't really care about nitty gritty politics as much anymore' so it's just really hard to see what's making you laugh so hard in that

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

LmaoTheKid posted:

i... what? she's explaining why she cares a lot about not losing her insurance. com... comedy gold?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i... what? she's explaining why she cares a lot about not losing her insurance. com... comedy gold?

Guy who voted to keep the medicine that high "isn't a big deal right now"

Sorry but that's just funny to me and I didn't even know about how she coordinated with the Clinton campaign in the primary.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LmaoTheKid posted:

Guy who voted to keep the medicine that high "isn't a big deal right now"

Sorry but that's just funny to me and I didn't even know about how she coordinated with the Clinton campaign in the primary.

yea dude when either way you're probably gonna face a literal life or death issue when the majority party destroys a program keeping you alive it's hard to give a poo poo about exactly who is a bad dem or not. Like, congrats on not being in or around that situation I guess?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

It doesn't really matter that much whether meds cost $150 or $300 if you can't afford that out of pocket either way

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

In a switch to a slightly less divisive topic, Keith good? Yes it's a puff piece but gently caress I just wanna read something positive right now.

https://mic.com/articles/165318/keith-ellison-dnc-democratic-national-committee-youth-outreach#.tEq29TmaU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
he's not a big problem if you have immediate needs!!

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I'm losing my insurance regardless because my aca plan tripled in price this year to the point of $500 bucks a month for a 7,500 deductible with no out of pocket max so yeah Corey Booker keeping med costs high is pretty loving important to me cause I just have to pay for that poo poo.

Also lol @ sady doyle in general for talking about what happens if she loses insurance when she got a dude with a pregnant wife fired because he insulted neera tanden.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hands off my 2020 Presidential Candidate!

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Shouldn't have spent all those CTR checks in one place :sad:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Aurubin posted:

In a switch to a slightly less divisive topic, Keith good? Yes it's a puff piece but gently caress I just wanna read something positive right now.

https://mic.com/articles/165318/keith-ellison-dnc-democratic-national-committee-youth-outreach#.tEq29TmaU

One of the reasons why bad dems failed is the DNC training classes tended to focus on things like how to shake rich people down for money, instead of skills such as how to run a campaign.

Also the current DNC is very bad since it lacks a roster of young talent as shown by the recent primary.

quote:

But, just as he did as a congressman, a Keith Ellison-led DNC wouldn't just recruit young people to run — it would support them. Keith has proposed bringing back DNC-led national training programs so candidates learn organizing best practices and are ready not only to run, but also to win.

Right now, our party needs a chair who takes young leaders seriously and has a track record of supporting them. We cannot afford to have anyone sit on the sidelines feeling like politics isn't for them.

Keith will make sure we invest in and prepare new leaders who can carry us into the future. We are living proof that his commitment will pay off.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
other mods were right You Are All Deranged

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

LmaoTheKid posted:

Idiotic Myopic Person is in a worse position then she used to be partially because of her poor past decisions.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

blue squares posted:

he's great on racial justice but he is not a politician I'd want to vote for in a more general position.

deray is only great on racial justice in the sense that he's parroting what other, smarter people have already said

I've stated this before and I'll say it again, Deray Mckesson is what happens when corporate America decides to turn Martin Luther King, Jr. into a commodity

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Richard Baxton piloted his Recon Rover into a fungal vortex and held off four waves of mind worms, saving an entire colony. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character with a multi-tiered media campaign: televids, touchbooks, holos, psi-tours-- the works. People need heroes. They don't need to know how he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy. The real story would just hurt sales, and dampen the spirits of our customers.

~ Morgan Stellartots Keynote Speech, "Mythology for Profit"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

logikv9 posted:

i still have range, thanks

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

yeah but would her keeping her insurance solve racism?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Idiotic Myopic Person is in a worse position then she used to be partially because of her poor past decisions.

she's not a trump voter tho!!

HailHorrorHail
Jun 9, 2015

My healthcare situation sucks, I think I'll tweet about how the people who are making it even worse aren't really a big deal.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
All of the people laughing at me predicted Hillary would be the strongest candidate and crush Trump, lol.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

logikv9 posted:

but would it end racsexism

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Aurubin posted:

saw this linked in there and, well..

https://twitter.com/EllisonCampaign/status/819632835908800512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

that has to be the one of the most misleading graphs i've ever seen. it's something special.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
DeRay is good on racial justice compared to, say, Jeff sessions, but as a proponent and advocate of charter schools he is inherently Not Super Great on racial justice.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Concerned Citizen posted:

saw this linked in there and, well..

https://twitter.com/EllisonCampaign/status/819632835908800512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

that has to be the one of the most misleading graphs i've ever seen. it's something special.

what's wrong with it

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
"ideological masturbation" is what somebody called it and it seems pretty on point

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

logikv9 posted:

what's wrong with it

comparing against the average is kind of a messed up thing to do in a district thats literally A Large City And Nothing Else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

logikv9 posted:

what's wrong with it

wait wait is it misleading because it's based on pure turnout count vs %, and thus giving him a higher number because higher population?

or is it something else (i am blind and cannot see)

• Locked thread