Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I think this is the only time in the franchise in which the Practice Squad and Min are playable outside of one-off guest appearances, another interesting decision by Banpresto. It's not as completely out of left field as suddenly getting Mandala Gundam for no discernible reason, but it reinforces the pattern of MX letting you play around with a lot of rarely-used units. That said, the Practice Squad are like a watered-down version of the D-Team and Min's not going to knock your socks off, so while they're definitely better than the ZZ second stringers, the only reason to use them is if you really like using a lot of Reals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Twin Laser Sword costing only 10 EN is one of the hilarious overpowered benefits of Maillot joining up.

The other is that Maillot himself has Drive as one of his spirit commands. At the wonderful cost of, I poo poo you not, TEN SP. As you probably imagined, Maillot is more or less the best reward out of the 5 pilots we just got. So, now the player has to choose between fielding the Dragonar trio, or just Kaine and Maillot as a tag team. If MX had the squad system, you'd probably get more out of fielding the trio + Maillot. Hell, it'd make Min and the Practice Squad viable as well.

Anyhew, Brunom pretty much summed up the issue with this stage. It's long, and you can easily screw yourself sideways if you haven't leveled up pilots enough. I think my best non-Dragonar pilots during this stage were Amuro, Judau and Bright. Yeah, I was not in a good spot when I ran through this stage.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I mean... in the end it's STILL SRW so it's perfectly set up so that even if you die, you'll keep all EXP and money.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
You did good Maillot, you did good.

Also what the gently caress, Kaine's mom? "I may have been kidnapped and used as blackmail against you son, but I'm still Neutral on this whole war with the Giganos thing."

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Section Z posted:

Also what the gently caress, Kaine's mom? "I may have been kidnapped and used as blackmail against you son, but I'm still Neutral on this whole war with the Giganos thing."

Dorchenov tells it like it is, and he's tough on immigrants.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Section Z posted:

Past tense! :eng101:

She meant that while she didn't pick sides when the war with the Giganos was going, she won't chide Kaine for helping the Feds if he believes it's the right thing to do.

Plus, with the Giganos wrecked, she hasn't really a need to keep with that stance.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
post edited:
Kaine's mom is a believable, realistic shithead of a character, and her attitude involving not standing up against a genocidal menace speaks volumes of how much better of a person her son is than she.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jan 14, 2017

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So in the end, is Guiltorre the only real "sad death" that Dragonar has? It's like they saw Mobile Suit Gundam and said "How's about we cut out all that sad stuff."

Not saying it's bad, it's just that there's a really striking difference between it and Zeta Gundam, and Zeta's few survivors are literally right there.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Alacron posted:

So in the end, is Guiltorre the only real "sad death" that Dragonar has? It's like they saw Mobile Suit Gundam and said "How's about we cut out all that sad stuff."

Not saying it's bad, it's just that there's a really striking difference between it and Zeta Gundam, and Zeta's few survivors are literally right there.

Honestly, given how well the Giganos War ended they would probably take it as a personal victory.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Alacron posted:

It should be noted that, in the original, Dan dies protecting Maillot and co as they're entering the fortress. SRW has never played that scene out, though.

You can blame all the survivors on Dragonar not being directed by Depressed Tomino!

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The first time I played MX, I'd heard it was the easiest SRW title, so I decided to try an odd challenge run: Playing it without casting spirits. Most stages felt like playing A Portable but with thankfully less enemies to go around. It was manageable up until the endgame, which for me began with this absurd grindfest of a stage. My turn count for it is still the longest I've ever taken to finish any single SRW stage.

Y'all selling Min short. She's no ace pilot, but she's got high natural levels of support attack + a machine that can spam its midrange finisher endlessly, natural levels of support defense + shields to make for a surprisingly tanky real and spare equipment slots to give her an EWAC without sacrificing anything big. By the end of the game I had everyone bunched up around Quattro in the Dijeh, Maria in the TFO, Light in the D3 and Min in the Stark Deins. Also anybody who tells off Beecha and Mondo is good in my book.

The practice squad are utterly mediocre though.

GimmickMan fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 14, 2017

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

GimmickMan posted:

The practice squad are utterly mediocre though.

To their credit, despite being absolutely average, there's something just plain endearing about the Practice Squad guys, I think it's because compared to basically anyone else you usually play with in SRW, they're just three completely normal dudes, kinda like Russel from the OG games.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Brunom1 posted:

It should be noted that, in the original, Dan dies protecting Maillot and co as they're entering the fortress. SRW has never played that scene out, though.

Who?

Oh! One of the practice mooks, right.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Surprised you dont get a Gilgazamune of your own.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Surprised you dont get a Gilgazamune of your own.

SRW doesn't usually let you keep the big, evil, mind-wrecking Mobile Suits.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Out of curiosity, has SRW ever given the player a Psycho Gundam? Or a rough equivalent like a Destroy Gundam?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alacron posted:

Out of curiosity, has SRW ever given the player a Psycho Gundam? Or a rough equivalent like a Destroy Gundam?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5wgyFtsuaA

Impact let you get one as a secret. Oddly, that game didn't have a secret to save Four.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

EclecticTastes posted:

To their credit, despite being absolutely average, there's something just plain endearing about the Practice Squad guys, I think it's because compared to basically anyone else you usually play with in SRW, they're just three completely normal dudes, kinda like Russel from the OG games.

Having three Russels divides his power level in three and thus none of them are cool enough to stand up to their senpai and slap them when they're being stupid.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

Having three Russels divides his power level in three and thus none of them are cool enough to stand up to their senpai and slap them when they're being stupid.

But they teamed up to deliver a pretty sweet pep talk earlier on, proving that together, they still equal a full Russel.

Alacron posted:

There have been a number of one-off missions throughout the series where you can use various Psycho Gundam-like units (sometimes recruiting Four, Rosamia, or one of the Purus causes them to switch sides on the spot, still piloting the Psycho Gundam or the Mk. II until after the mission), but outside of Impact, I can't think of any further instances of getting to keep them.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well tbh I was thinking solely about the Valsion Custom (a big stompy super that was first thought to be unique then is MP'd) you can get in OG.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Well tbh I was thinking solely about the Valsion Custom (a big stompy super that was first thought to be unique then is MP'd) you can get in OG.

Yeah, but it wasn't designed with the mind control system in mind, tehy added that because they had a small psychic girl to pilot it. Take that out and it's still a fully functional robot. The Psychos weren't designed that way.

But that was a pretty awesome secret.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah but recurring thorn in side Tenzan also piloted one.
And also went insane.

Ashram
Oct 20, 2013
So Maillot threw away his nickname and joined us. I wonder what kind of sunglasses he is going to pick...

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ashram posted:

So Maillot threw away his nickname and joined us. I wonder what kind of sunglasses he is going to pick...
My money is on the Albert Wesker style sunglasses.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah but recurring thorn in side Tenzan also piloted one.
And also went insane.

That one still had the GEIM System that drove the pilots mad. But yeah, it's a similar theme.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Erina, Akatsuki’s secretary, tells Akito that Ruri has rendezvoused with the Nadesico C, and is about to jump to Mars. Akito figures that the battle is as good as won, and Erina is inclined to agree: the Successors' coup at Earth has already been stopped and with Ruri and Omoikane working together, the Nadesico might well be invincible. At least Akito and Lapis' combat data proved useful.
The Nadesico C is the kernel of Operation Bagration and it should be more than capable of standing up to the Successors. Hell, it might even be able to deal with the soon-to-arrive Gulfer homeworld. Akito doesn’t want to force such burden solely on our shoulders, so he’ll be joining in on the battle at Mars.
Erina knows revenge is what he seeks and muses what an ill fit that word is to who Akito used to be. Still, the past is the past. Akito thanks her for the resupply but she’s just doing her job.

Elsewhere, Ines wonders if things’ll be brought to a close in this next battle. Uribatake knows it’ll be simply to seize control of the Successor’s systems but they ARE like cornered rats now.
But never mind them, how is Ines doing? Jumping an entire ship all the way to Mars was rather draining but she’s hanging on.

At the Martian Ruins, Shinjou’s aghast at their supposedly secure victory going up in smoke. Their troops’ fighting spirit has been completely drained by the enemy’s persuasive argument – more specifically, a transmission Genichirou sent them all.
In it, he calls to all heroes of Earth and of the old Jovian Federation to take up arms – not against themselves but to help one another in a time of crisis. The enemy we should be fighting is not our own Kin!
The stunned Kusakabe and Shinjou see that they’ve been outplayed and Erika tells them to accept their defeat – they have no other card to play. There’d no point in protracting this battle, so she tells them to disarm and surrender to the Federation, as she’d rather not see a tragedy like Little Baam’s happen again.

Shinjou yells at her to get bent – they still have plenty of forces available and have but to get in touch with the Giganos to… never mind that. There’s a Boson Particle signal right atop their base!
The enemy shouldn’t be able to do that and Erika can already tell that it’s Kazuya and his comrades coming.

Mission 47 – Farewell to Your Memories

Indeed, it’s the Nadesico and the Successors don’t even have time to react before Ruri hijacks all their systems. Our forces are on standby, poised to sortie if need be. Ruri leaves Harry in charge of all the Nadesico C's systems while busies herself with the Successor’s. She can’t handle that and the ship at the same time.
Harry’s rather ill at ease over the responsibility but Minato tells him to get to work – it’s time for him to man up. As Shinjou tells everyone to get their weapons running on manual, off the Ruri-controlled network, the girl herself gets in touch and bids them all good day.
“I am Captain Ruri Hoshino of the Nadesico C, battleship of the Earth Federation’s Space Corps. Vice-Admiral Haruki Kusakabe of the former Jovian Federation… you are under arrest,” she proclaims.

Kusakabe himself seems to know that the jig is up but Shinjou tells the witch to shut her trap. They will prevail! He asks Kusakabe to deploy and fight back and the guy slowly confirms, commanding the Kagurazuki to be sent out as well.
Erika tells him to stop – this battle is already over – but Kusakabe tells her they’ve a reason why they cannot yield. They all hold an ideal every bit as unshakable as her brother Richter once had. Kusakabe tells her that she's free and to leave here at once.
With that, he rallies the troops to face their final challenge.

As the enemy troops deploy, Jun and Minato sigh at these guys still wanting to keep fighting. In that case, they leave us no choice but to fight back – Ruri orders our units deployed. It is then that Yukina pings seven Boson Particle signals but Ruri tells everyone to ignore it – HE will handle them.
Hokushin and his cronies pop in, him musing over them being on the receiving end of a Boson Jump-enabled blitz this time. There was a 50/50 chance they’d emerge victorious after the destruction of Amaterasu but those chances hit a snag with the revelation that Earth still had an A-class Jumper.
Akito also jumps over and Hokushin knows he’s here to bring their tiff to an end.

Meanwhile, Ruri is getting in touch with Lapis, introducing herself and Omoikane. The girl introduces herself as Lapis Lazuli, born in one of Nergal’s research facilities. She is Akito’s eyes, ears, hands, feet and more.
Before Hokushin’s goons can help him, Ryouko and crew launch to intercept them – anyone who dares interrupt this one v one deserves to be kicked by a horse all the way to the River Styx.
Izumi and Hikaru introduce themselves as said horses, ready to do some trampling. Does that also apply to Saburouta, too? Sure, if he’s willing to give Ryouko a ride. He is more than willing. That’s hot, Izumi quips.
Ryouko gets pretty incensed over all the innuendo, promising payback later. Moreover, Hikaru points out that someone else is pretty burning hot today:

: Daimos! BATTLE TUUUUUUUURN!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FRhSDN52zk
The game doesn’t given Kazuya a special scene, so here’s the original.

: Hoooh! Hrrmm! Haah! DAAAAAAIMOOOOOOOOS!!

: Urk! He’s here too?!
: You’ve come to reclaim your woman, Kazuya Ryuzaki?
: That’s right! I’ve returned to save Erika with my own two hands, just as I said I would!
: Your Highness, over there! It’s the Daimos! It’s Kazuya!
: Oh, Kazuya…!

: Kazuya, will you dispatch that man?
: No… I’ll let him handle Hokushin.
: !
: Are you fine with that?
: Yeah… However much I despise Hokushin, it’s nothing compared to what he feels. As a man, I want him to have his chance to settle the score.
: Kazuya…
: Still, that doesn’t mean I won’t give everyone else what they deserve! My fists will break down their “new world order”!

: Kazuya… I always believed you would come back…!
: Erika…!
: I know… You want me to rescue Yurika Misumaru, yes?
: Please, Erika. He’s suffered nonstop these past three years – he deserves something good to happen now.
: OK…
: Your Highness…
: Come, Margaret. We’ve a job to do, to help save those lovers, torn apart by their dreadful fate…!

Here it is, at last: the PoD finale. You’ve a decent bunch of Successor Super Robots to deal with but your people start with high morale. Kusakabe’s Kagurazuki is pretty much a bulky battleship and should be treated as such.
All in all, this is a much simpler mission than the previous one so you should have little problem here – especially if you use your early morale boost to get Hokushi’s crew off your hair before moving for everyone else. Just save Hokushin himself for last.

Or, maybe, you’re past the point of giving a crap about this movie.

: You are afraid… and filled with regret…! Even clad in armor, the weakness of your heart lies exposed!
: …!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm8fbh9744o
First time we see the regular Black Sarana in combat.

:frogout:

: I applaud how far you’ve gotten…! Your tenacity is a sight to behold.
: We end this now…!

*Akito moves closer.*

: A duel? Surely you jest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6AUifA6Lr8

: …
: …Urgh… Magnificent…

: Haah…haah…haah… Yurika…!

And that’s that. Ruri tells Kusakabe that there’d be no point in continuing this – he should just surrender. Kusakabe at length agrees, telling Shinjou that they’ve been defeated again – as the defeated commander, he’d rather save what honor remains with them.
Kusakabe simply asks of Ruri to guarantee his men’s safety and she does.

If you decide to go all the way over to Kusakabe, he does have convos:

: You blasted witch! We’ll have full control over our systems again once you’re ash! And with that, victory shall be ours!
: … I think you’re simply wasting your time.
: Nothing is over until the fat lady sings – that also applies to combat…!
: Then please find a fat lady and have her sing to you.

--

: General Kusakabe, I reckon it’s time you accepted reality.
: That voice… Takasugi? You’ve changed…
: While you don’t seem to have changed enough.
: Silence! You are nothing but a traitor – a worm who’s forgotten his Jovian spirit!
: Traitor? I suppose I am, from the general’s POV… Still, I like where I’m at now.
: If that is your answer, then come! Pit your ideals against mine and we’ll decide on which side justice lies
: I’m afraid that decision was made the second the Nadesico C came over.

--

: Get over here, Kusakabe! I’ve got a score to settle with you back from the Lizard War… You’re gonna pay in full for what you did to Tsukumo!!

--

: … Enough is enough. What you’re doing will only serve to repeat past tragedies.

OH MY GOD, she didn’t make any puns!

--

: You gotta get with the times! Who goes around trying to make a coup when everyone else just wants to live in peace?!

--

: Your coup failed and your systems are ours! Just give up already!
: We are not finished yet…! Rather, it all begins with this battle!
: Tell me, how many lives were lost for those ideals you go on and on about?!
: However pretty you make your speeches, I’ll never agree to a war that’ll only bring more sorrow!

--

: Go, Kyoshiro! Give him one of your proverbs!
: I don’t really think he’d listen…
: But, alright, I’ll tell him anyway! “Governments are the sails, the people the wind, the country is the ship and time is the sea,” so said Ludwig Börne!
: Your group is a ship that’s started sailing without people – the wind – at your back! Oblivion is all that awaits you!

--

: I do not expect an alien like you to be capable of comprehending our ideals… our spirit!
: In time, the tears of the people will join as a river, flowing towards a sea of calamity…
: Think of how many tears your actions would beckon across the world!
: Those are all necessary sacrifices to bring about a better society… That pain will not be for naught!
: If you wish to spread your ideals across the world, then you ought to find a way to make it so without sacrifices! That is how a better society is truly made!!

: Erika…!
: Kazuya… I have waited so long for this day…!
: I’ve returned to this planet, just as I said I would… all so that I could hold you in my arms again.
: Oh, Kazuya…!
: Aah… I’m so glad everything turned out OK…!
: (In the words of the wise, “flowers return to their roots, just as birds return to their nests”. The voyage that started here on Mars now finally comes to an end… and they are, once again, together…)
: And what about Yurika Misumaru, Erika?
: She is safe – the Nadesico crew is looking after her now.

And Yurika’s just woke up at the ship’s infirmary, watched over by her old crew; she slowly notes how much older everyone’s gotten. Seems she’s as ditzy as ever, much to Minato’s relief.
Yurika says she’s been dreaming all this time and asks: where is Akito?

: Bye-bye… Hey, should we really have let him go?
: Well, we couldn’t exactly force him to stay.
: But… what’s he gonna do now? Is he just gonna cut loose all the memories he’s got with us and Yurika and leave?
: He’ll come back. And if he doesn’t, I'll just go after him. After all, he…
: He’s someone very dear to me.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 16, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
It's over! gently caress that movie.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Onmi posted:

It's over! gently caress that movie.

Ended with just a month to spare before we need to go through it all again V! :suicide:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Let me third that "gently caress that movie" sentiment. In fact, let me fourth it, by talking about someone who very clearly hated the movie: the Latin American Spanish dubbing studio.

See, the dub for Nadesico itself was of the usual high quality expected here. The dub for Prince of Darkness was above what the movie deserved, but that's because it genuinely deserves nothing: it was, in a word, terrible. All the voices were changed from the series itself. Akito's last name was consistently mispronounced as "Tenakawa" rather than "Tenkawa". Most damningly, one scene was not dubbed at all, it was still in Japanese, and in a low volume to boot!

All in all, it was the kind of thing that would've made me mad...but honestly, it seriously is more than it deserved. gently caress Prince of Darkness.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

I want to make sure that we don't just pass over this without comment. Does Kazuya sit in that chair while doing all his Karate moves? Does he fight like Batman in the Mobius Chair? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Alacron posted:

I want to make sure that we don't just pass over this without comment. Does Kazuya sit in that chair while doing all his Karate moves? Does he fight like Batman in the Mobius Chair? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS

Yup. If I remember correctly, his legs move via a psychic link while everything above his waist is via his own movements

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

What I want to know is, does his car split in half when Daimos transforms? Because the trailer it goes into becomes the legs, and you can clearly see that the car stays there in the rendition of that sequence from SRW Alpha 2.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
I shall repeat what has already been stated, cause it can never be said enough. gently caress that movie! I really hope V does a decent job of it. Not even a good job, just a decent one. Better than it deserves.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
It's gonna be tough to top W's version of it where they saved the original show's Ai-chan/Ines reveal until now. It was still kinda dumb, but at least it helped Akito have something resembling an arc through this poo poo.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
Well, W did a quite good job with PoD.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Alacron posted:

It's gonna be tough to top W's version of it where they saved the original show's Ai-chan/Ines reveal until now. It was still kinda dumb, but at least it helped Akito have something resembling an arc through this poo poo.

I'd say the real triumph of W's version is how they retooled the story significantly to be less about whatever the hell we just witnessed and more about Gai Daigoji trying to figure out why his best bud's suddenly turned into some sort of warped Shadow the Hedgehog version of himself. At least that's how I interpreted W's take on PoD.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

At least this stage has the decency to be by far the easiest to beat of all the endgame stages. Akito can solo Hokushin in 2-3 hits and beating him ends the stage.

MX is one of the better written SRWs to date, but R and W both handle Prince of Darkness much better than it does.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think prince of darkness is okay

however the fact that they dragged out a 2 hour movie over like 12 stages and 90% of the game is terrible. W hit more of its plot beats in a more satisfying way and did it in like 3 stages in the back half of the game.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Inferno-sama posted:

I shall repeat what has already been stated, cause it can never be said enough. gently caress that movie! I really hope V does a decent job of it. Not even a good job, just a decent one. Better than it deserves.
A lot of SRW V's take on PoD will depend on how it's integrated with the plot. To make PoD work, you'd have to improve the villains greatly and then adjust the plot to fit the world its been dropped into. As mentioned before, R and W handled the plot adjustments very well (PoD is one of the events that Raul and Fiona work towards preventing from happening; W interweaves Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid and Gundam SEED into PoD's plot to bolster the weakpoints) while MX does not really do that. Yes, the Successors are present and the plot keeps reminding the player about them, but that's it. They are just there.

Houkushin is probably one of the film's biggest weak points in that he has almost no motivation to be a villain. He tortures Akito and kidnaps Yurika...and then that's it. All he does after that is exist on-screen to remind people "Hey, here's the bad guy. Notice him!" and that's pretty much what he and his cronies does in MX. You could swap any of the villains seen in this game (up to and including the Angels) out for Houkushin and get the same result. A generically forgettable villain and a goon squad that just poof into battle whenever they feel like it and do little to move the plot. Kusukabe is equally bad as he's the main bad guy from the TV show, but with about 90% less presence in the story. He returns, announces his rebellion and that he has Yurika hooked up to the plot device...and again, that's it. Kusukabe nor Houkushin truly move the plot; that role is on Ruri. She moves the plot forward because she's now the lead character and is the driving force for everything in the film. Stuff only really happens because Ruri takes the initiative while everyone else either banters, twiddles their thumbs, or do nothing at all.

SRW V sits in a rough spot. It has to tackle a featured series that three previous entries in the franchise have handled (ranging from mixed success to fantastic success) that has a bad reputation. To be honest, my expectations are low just so I don't get disappointed by whatever V does to Prince of Darkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

SRW V sits in a rough spot. It has to tackle a featured series that three previous entries in the franchise have handled (ranging from mixed success to fantastic success) that has a bad reputation. To be honest, my expectations are low just so I don't get disappointed by whatever V does to Prince of Darkness.

I foresee a Successor/Plant/Neo Zeon threeway (with maybe Amalgam mercs hired) against Earth.

Not that it'll matter because Mazinger ZERO will warp over to Mars and reduce the entirety of the ruins (and the Martian pole) to a smoldering crater with a single Breast Fire. Hopefully Akito will be around to Boson Jump in and grab Yurika.

• Locked thread