Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Bobnumerotres posted:

i miss junkrat's tire blowing up regardless of being shot down or not and having like triple the range it does now lmao

i was shooting off at someone in the distance and it flew into my line of sight.

i didn't even know i could stop it, i stood there stunned for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Action Tortoise posted:

shooting down a junkrat's riptire

getting it with Rein's fire strike is some top tier gaming feels

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
casually doming someone in the back of the head with a silenced pistol and just walking away in hitman

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
shuriken kills in hitman

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

casually doming someone in the back of the head with a silenced pistol and just walking away in hitman

doming multiple guards in an area before anyone can react and walking away calmly

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
buttstomping on giant goombas on tiny huge island and scoring a blue coin

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

elf help book posted:

Hell yes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

thats my poo poo baby

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

doming multiple guards in an area before anyone can react and walking away calmly

dude yes thats my favorite feel in that game. walking into a room and head shotting all 6 dudes before anyone can even think about whats happening. when you pull it off and fire six head shots for six guys... mwah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't ever really use guns in Hitman, except for snipers

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Same, I think it's cool to only kill the target.

Whopping multiple guards unconscious with a hammer/crowbar/etc before any of them can raise the alarm is really good too though. Or just knocking someone out with a thrown blunt weapon, the solid clunk of the impact is so good.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

I used to murder indiscriminately but lately I've toned it back trying to get good scores and mastery stuff.. sometimes I let loose and dome a few peeps before reloading a save just to get it out of my system though

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sleeping a guard in mgs as the exclamation mark pops up, but not triggering an alert saving your big boss run

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
hooking a bastion out of its turret form and then blasting it to pieces

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Ignis snapping his fingers when he's figured out a boss new recipe

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

using bash in ori

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The little flip move Master Chief does with the pistol after melee attacking in Combat Evolved.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The little flip move Master Chief does with the pistol after melee attacking in Combat Evolved.
Hell yeah

Hat Thoughts posted:

I frickin love finishing people off with the melee in Halo, especially the regular/plasma pistol animations in 1 where u just slam em

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- using valkyrie's up air attack in Odin's Sphere: Leifthraiser

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A video for people who haven't seen the game. It's the twirling upward move, it can chain people like crazy. The way bosses works makes it super powerful too, they have a break period every chunk of health they lose where you have one chance to juggle them and if you're good with that up thrust and cancelling into specials you can chain an entire second bar off them in one combo. It's an excellent game so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CSbTHFjo6s

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

A video for people who haven't seen the game. It's the twirling upward move, it can chain people like crazy. The way bosses works makes it super powerful too, they have a break period every chunk of health they lose where you have one chance to juggle them and if you're good with that up thrust and cancelling into specials you can chain an entire second bar off them in one combo. It's an excellent game so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CSbTHFjo6s

haoly poo poo this looks cool. do want

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

You could do a similar juggle into multiple bar breaks in Muramasa if you had the right swords equipped. It's fuckin sick and I can't wait to play the Odin Sphere remake now that its more like Muramasa.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

haoly poo poo this looks cool. do want

The cool part about the game is that I'm about 6 hours in and they have non stop been giving new moves and upgrades, like seriously every 15 minutes, and the bosses are getting super challenging and interesting, and then I finished the story mode with that character and there's 4 more campaigns, and each character looks to control totally differently. I'm so excited to try them all out

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

The cool part about the game is that I'm about 6 hours in and they have non stop been giving new moves and upgrades, like seriously every 15 minutes, and the bosses are getting super challenging and interesting, and then I finished the story mode with that character and there's 4 more campaigns, and each character looks to control totally differently. I'm so excited to try them all out

fck that sounds cool. a buddy played the ps2 version and loved it, so its been on my list for a while, but this prtty much sold me. i missed the sale but i'm sure it'll be up again soon, totally picking it up next chance i get

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's the 2nd character, who Ive started playing. He also has a similarly extremely satisfying move to use, his side air attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3oxm7wuc_k

really good feel at the end of that fight just laying into a group with it

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

jesus christ

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Zaggitz posted:

You could do a similar juggle into multiple bar breaks in Muramasa if you had the right swords equipped. It's fuckin sick and I can't wait to play the Odin Sphere remake now that its more like Muramasa.
I really enjoyed Muramasa. Never finished both routes though. Might replay it on Dolphin later

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

what game is this?

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Nostradingus posted:

what game is this?

paper mache mario

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- catching a monkey in Ape Escape

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

In Training posted:

- catching a monkey in Ape Escape

Great soundtrack, anyone interested should look up Soichi Terada's other stuff like Sounds from the Far East

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- dunking in NBA Jam Vol. 2

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

In Training posted:

- dunking in NBA Jam Vol. 2

one of the best games ever made

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Iconic Clack is a Goomba stomp in its own right

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

dont know if anyones said this yet, but the "jump tackle" onto someone in Uncharted 4, where you disarm them too

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

a low chance to hit that crits and kills in xcom

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

melee kills in battlefield 1

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTa9Jn37hYM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU