Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
"we can't really make a new f-zero without innovative gameplay ideas"

*re-releases mk8 with some new tracks and a revamped battle mode for 60 dorraru*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Utnayan is the same guy who accused me of working for a Minneapolis-based marketing firm to shill for Star Wars Battlefront—whose thread on SA I am the OP of—and then after I called him out for being a weird post history snooper (I do post in the Mpls goonmeet thread but definitely don't work for a marketing firm) he sent me a PM insisting I still was.

Get help dude.

It is true. Please, I will loving lay down a ban (Not perma) if a mod lets me out your rear end in real life. Just say the word princess.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Kawabata posted:

*re-releases mk8 with some new tracks and a revamped battle mode for 60 dorraru*

It's hilarious isn't it?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kawabata posted:

Yeah, to be quite honest, the real reason there's no new F-Zero is that they can just keep making Mario Kart. Forever.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Utnayan posted:

It is true. Please, I will loving lay down a ban (Not perma) if a mod lets me out your rear end in real life. Just say the word princess.

reported for weird threats on an internet forum

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Okay, if you really are a troll this is actually pretty good stuff :tipshat:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Also F-Zero doesn't sell.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah, to be quite honest, the real reason there's no new F-Zero is that they can just keep making Mario Kart. Forever.

Also, Mario Kart actually sells.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i didnt get a wii u and i am excited for the switch. theres myhot take

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

who is paying you to say this??

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Sure, but my point is that they've always made innovative games while also sometimes playing a bit safe. The NSMB for instance are excellent games but there's absolutely nothing new about them. "Not innovative enough" is a dumb reason for not doing a new f-zero.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I am forum poster Jonas Albrecht's real-life girlfriend, and I shall have you know that he doesn't get paid for poo poo. He's just that big a nerd/Nintendo optimist.

Now Jonas, about my last deposit-- oh no, I forgot to send the post

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

SHILLLLLLLLL :tinfoil:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Parasol Prophet posted:

I am forum poster Jonas Albrecht's real-life girlfriend, and I shall have you know that he doesn't get paid for poo poo. He's just that big a nerd/Nintendo optimist.

Now Jonas, about my last deposit-- oh no, I forgot to send the post

he's spending all the money on hookers and blow, that's why you don't know about it.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Utnayan posted:

I like Nintendo and Star Wars Battlefront, can you hook me up with this info so I can get paid for my posting too? TIA

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

mike12345 posted:

he's spending all the money on hookers and blow, that's why you don't know about it.

Sir, I am the one who exchanges it for singles and twenties every week.

Also the Switch sounds fine and like a console I'll use.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's true. They charge extra when you make them dress like Geno.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

is battlefront a switch launch title

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

why are you SHILLS draping all your posts in irony that just PROVES MY POINT FURHTER

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

ethanol posted:

Sadly no, just breath of the wild and a few others.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

ethanol posted:

if it is, guess the price

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Utnayan posted:

I first I thought this guy was just trolling butttttt I think he's just that weird

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?

trash person posted:

For this to be the worst console launch you've ever seen it must be the only console launch you've ever seen.

Like even the PS4 Pro was more underwhelming since they still have no compelling reason to buy the thing. Not even A Game. The Xbox One launch was a trash fire unlike anything the world has ever seen. The Wii U launch was so bad the average consumer didn't even know it was a console

E: and that's just recent history

Has there been a "good" console launch. I was a little kid but Crash Bandicoot was a launch for ps1 right? That game was the poo poo.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
We have a problem with some shitbags here. It's become a target for 3rd party marketing shills for a long time. Shouting down everything and continuing on trying to build popularity with even the most astounding gently caress ups. In this case, we have the truth. The truth is this: Nintendo done hosed up beyond cataclysmic proportions and any goon with an ounce of a brain knows it. Nothing can shout it down this time.

1) A console that doesn't have the power to toast my loving bagel.
2) Continues progress to try and recapture the Wii market with motion controls when we have all moved on.
3) Battery life that makes a Dell Inspiron 5500 look like a nuclear power plant.
4) An online service that fucks with the standard of what we are given in value with PS Plus and Xbox live.
5) One game that everyone wants to play that runs better on a console launched 5 years ago.
6) A side controller that may fit the hands of Tyroin Lannister.
7) A poo poo line up of poo poo games aside from Zelda. Albeit no mention of the poo poo they should have launched with. Mario, Metroid, Pilot wings, Animal Crossing, a new Castlevania. An updated and fun Jackyl. A new Contra. The legacy of IP's missing here is loving astounding.
8) Lack of even an EXTERNAL loving HARD DRIVE SUPPORT.
9) An online service that is based on Discord on a loving SMART PHONE. THAT DOESN'T LIVE ON THE CONSOLE.

I thought these guys hosed up more than ever possible in the N64 days with their poo poo 3rd party licensing fees. They are JUST NOW, realizing how important 3rd party is in the hardware business. STILL TRYING TO MAKE MONEY ON HARDWARE. That hasn't been the loving profit center since the Atari 2600! Loss lead the hardware to build a base and sell software based on 3rd party licensing and a strong 1st party line up? They done hosed that up YET AGAIN. A box which costs about 56 bucks to make based on the tech and trying to make money on antiquated silicon we haven't seen since 2007. The games suffer. 3rd party support suffers. EVERYONE SUFFERS.

Jesus gently caress. Who runs this poo poo show?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Personally I use my Nintendo posting bux to hire hookers to cut trailers for sex acts they might perform in six to ten months

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Oh so now you're dwarf shaming??

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Kawabata posted:

To be fair, Captain Falcon's the main reason anybody even remembers that game and his place with the public is in Smash Bros.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
i'm an actual paid nintendo shill, but they've been paying me in amiibos for the last two years so i've gone rogue

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I don't like Nintendo or the switch,but Forums Poster Utnayan is an idiot. Do I get my money now?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Utnayan posted:

We have a problem with some shitbags here. It's become a target for 3rd party marketing shills for a long time. Shouting down everything and continuing on trying to build popularity with even the most astounding gently caress ups. In this case, we have the truth. The truth is this: Nintendo done hosed up beyond cataclysmic proportions and any goon with an ounce of a brain knows it. Nothing can shout it down this time.

2) Continues progress to try and recapture the Wii market with motion controls when we have all moved on.
3) Battery life that makes a Dell Inspiron 5500 look like a nuclear power plant.
4) An online service that fucks with the standard of what we are given in value with PS Plus and Xbox live.
5) One game that everyone wants to play that runs better on a console launched 5 years ago.
7) A poo poo line up of poo poo games aside from Zelda. Albeit no mention of the poo poo they should have launched with. Mario, Metroid, Pilot wings, Animal Crossing, a new Castlevania. An updated and fun Jackyl. A new Contra. The legacy of IP's missing here is loving astounding.
9) An online service that is based on Discord on a loving SMART PHONE. THAT DOESN'T LIVE ON THE CONSOLE.

I thought these guys hosed up more than ever possible in the N64 days with their poo poo 3rd party licensing fees. They are JUST NOW, realizing how important 3rd party is in the hardware business. STILL TRYING TO MAKE MONEY ON HARDWARE. That hasn't been the loving profit center since the Atari 2600! Loss lead the hardware to build a base and sell software based on 3rd party licensing and a strong 1st party line up? They done hosed that up YET AGAIN. A box which costs about 56 bucks to make based on the tech and trying to make money on antiquated silicon we haven't seen since 2007. The games suffer. 3rd party support suffers. EVERYONE SUFFERS.

Are you really trying to outdo Deak? You're getting there.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I have tiny bitch baby hands so the joycons are appealing to me.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

why does anyone have to make new contra, castlevania etc? just because you do something once doesn't mean you have to keep following it up.

what I'm saying is your posts need no further sequels

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm astounded that anyone thinks that none of the games they've announced so far are a really nice lineup

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I don't like Nintendo or the switch,but Forums Poster Utnayan is an idiot. Do I get my money now?

Here are your 20 ninyendos.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The controllers do not have analog triggers, it should be noted.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Rudoku posted:

Are you really trying to outdo Deak? You're getting there.

Who the gently caress is that guy?

Truth? It's the loving truth man. Can we still post the loving truth here? Or should we just all beat off with cheese graters while we preorder anything that loving ends up on Amazon and not have a voice to let these people know how hosed up things have gotten and/or how to turn it around? How the gently caress is our hobby going to get better and out of the rat hole while we all play gently caress it all with our hands up to our ears and not give them the TRUTH and feedback the majority are feeling and thinking so we don't see another loving Wii U debacle??

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Utnayan posted:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

greatn posted:

The controllers do not have analog triggers, it should be noted.

Really? I could have sworn people were reporting that they were earlier.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Utnayan posted:

Truth? It's the loving truth man. Can we still post the loving truth here? Or should we just all beat off with cheese graters while we preorder anything that loving ends up on Amazon and not have a voice to let these people know how hosed up things have gotten and/or how to turn it around? How the gently caress is our hobby going to get better and out of the rat hole while we all play gently caress it al with our hands up to our ears and not give them the TRUTH.

gently caress YES preach it brother!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Utnayan posted:

Truth? It's the loving truth man. Can we still post the loving truth here? Or should we just all beat off with cheese graters while we preorder anything that loving ends up on Amazon and not have a voice to let these people know how hosed up things have gotten and/or how to turn it around? How the gently caress is our hobby going to get better and out of the rat hole while we all play gently caress it all with our hands up to our ears and not give them the TRUTH and feedback the majority are feeling and thinking so we don't see another loving Wii U debacle??

just don't buy it dude

• Locked thread