Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
If the Man of Many Aliases that posts itt is a defensive CIG employee, that's terribly funny.

If he's just a guy with no official connection to the project, that's terribly sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
What if it is Star Citizen as a concept that is poo poo? Woah.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Mirificus posted:

dreams.txt

I'm the lead creative director of the hundred million dollar project who thinks of sees stuff like this and says "just do it!" lol!

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

cool new Polack jokes posted:

If the Man of Many Aliases that posts itt is a defensive CIG employee, that's terribly funny.

If he's just a guy with no official connection to the project, that's terribly sad.

I've gone back and read many of his posts. His passion, although sometimes over the top, for the project if anything is something to be greatly admired.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Seriously. Give it another 10 years and I'm pretty sure Dwarf Fortress will have mechanics for launching your Dwarves into space to found space colonies (and then go to war against them in Dwarfdums when they go rogue) and Star Citizen still won't be out.

In the next 500 years, the Dwarf Stimpire blah blah blah

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I've gone back and read many of his posts. His passion, although sometimes over the top, for the project if anything is something to be greatly admired.

He said he clocked over 40 hours in Star Marine. Lol, just the idea of forcing yourself to play that poo poo.

If you look at the stats for Arena Commander etc., not even Star Citizens play Star Citizen.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

He said he clocked over 40 hours in Star Marine. Lol, just the idea of forcing yourself to play that poo poo.

It was since proven to be a bold faced lie.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Galarox posted:

Ok everyone here is the book: How it works: Star Citizen. Clicky the link to download, it's a PDF

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeakavbiwcd71rb/How%20it%20Works.pdf?dl=1

Welcome to the OP.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

I tried Rimworld but I kept getting depressed by lesbians.

Star Citizen is Norm Macdonald's moth joke.

Put the gays on the nightshift via schedules. They will rarely see other members of the colony and will stop trying to seduce the heterosexuals due to lower relation scores. You can also install mods that reduce the seduction attemps overall. Its usefull when your single girl in the colony is beautiful but also happily married,

I once had a beautifull, jealous lesbian wander in a previously all male colony. She spent the rest of her days hunting at night and living in a beautifull cotage right outside the main colony gate. She died of the plague after i ran out of medecine, the herbal stuff unable to save her.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

If you look at the stats for Arena Commander etc., not even Star Citizens play Star Citizen.

Passion.

I've definitely been playing me some Star Marine. Not 40 hours worth but I bet I have at least 10 all together. 2.6.1 should add some cool new stuff.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Galarox posted:

Ok everyone here is the book: How it works: Star Citizen. Clicky the link to download, it's a PDF

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jeakavbiwcd71rb/How%20it%20Works.pdf?dl=1

Nicely done! :golfclap:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

quote:

it's a 10 page article. I think there is maybe no one that has the time for this or is still translating ;D
The interesting parts are:
buildable homesteads and even small cities (not really a city rather than a bigger base) with factories (mainly for orgs) (Edit) power plants, defense towers and radar interference transmitter. This also allows farming on planets wherever you want.
small part of better netcode is already in 2.6, improvement comes with 2.6.1 and the huge part comes with 3.0
lockable ships are coming with 3.0 (is this a new info?)
Planets have a set of buildings and if a designer places them and builds a small outpost, NPCs populate the area automatically.
3.0 schedule plan is announced for January.
3.0 needs an air traffic control because there can't land 1000 ships simultaneously. This is still to do.
C.R. didn't want to name a date for 3.0
Still working on the big ships for SQ42 so that every dialogue is looking like a cutscene (lights and shadows: thousands of them)
If he could make something different in the past, it would be: telling people and make more clear that with more strechtgolas and more money the game will take longer,
Things I have forgot
Edit: For more clarification look in the comments

oh my loving god, these people.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5nwwqq/new_star_citizen_screenshots_from_the_german/?st=ixxcvjht&sh=1368d290

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Elite has proper NPCs and larger instance sizes than SC and it doesn't loving need air traffic control other than requesting docking permissions and the npc telling you what pad you are going to land in. Even if you assume that you'll be able to simulate 1000 npcs landing on a port, none of them are big enough to fit that many crafts without breaking immersion and having the ships poof out of existence instead of actually being store somewhere like in elite.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Ambitious.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

lol. As opposed to the other stuff that are already in the game?
This. This is still to do?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

lol. As opposed to the other stuff that are already in the game?
This. This is still to do?

Most everything is implemented in some barebones form so far in our hands or in dev. These are just far out features that haven't really been design doc'd out.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
"Captain Fatbeard Von Spocksisko here, request docking permission"
"You.....are......380.....in......queue.....to......dock. Please wait until your landing is approved. Estimated time 1 hour 45 minutes."

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

happyhippy posted:

"You.....are......380.....in......queue.....to......dock. Please wait until your landing is approved. Estimated time 1 hour 45 minutes."

The perfect opportunity to join the crew in the back and play some cards or have a couple of drinks before starting to unload the cargo. Next, split the pay and head off to the red light district. Got to make a few contacts and get us our next gig, insurance pay will be up for sure and I can't fall back on wages. poo poo, haven't filled my taxes yet.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
~*escapism*~

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
What happens when I park directly on the landing pads in front of the queue of butt saluting commandos? Because that's the first thing I'll be doing

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

What happens when I park directly on the landing pads in front of the queue of butt saluting commandos? Because that's the first thing I'll be doing

While you make your way to the space bar NPCs will trip over themselves to call you an arsehole and when you get there the bartender will spit in your hairy robberts.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The emotes in this game are really stupid

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

It's intensely hilarious that this game doesn't have NPCs five years into development.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Spatial posted:

It's intensely hilarious that this game doesn't have NPCs five years into development.

There are NPCs.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TrustmeImLegit posted:

There are NPCs.

This is true, there is that one guy who you buy your space pants off

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Spatial posted:

It's intensely hilarious that this game doesn't have NPCs females five years into development.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

This is true, there is that one guy who you buy your space pants off

There are shittons of voiceacted npc pirates/vanduul etc to fight in the game.

I think criticism is healthy but uninformed statements like this aren't helpful and make people stop listening.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Coolguye posted:

i'm not going to go so far as to say that these demands are all Good and Cool and CIG Must Comply Immediately Or Face Judge Dredd, but the only thing that's very clear at least to me is that anyone who says they have a really high-level understanding of this situation from a rights/legal perspective is either a liar or an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJiYrRcfQo

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

A guy standing around is just a well decorated button with no complex behaviour. They don't have people doing things other than players, right?

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Frequent words from CRobbers that you rarely, if ever hear from other movie/game directors:

reworks

refactors

reshoots

I don't think they understand project development :(

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
CIG was talking about and working on subsumption all last year so I'm sure it's all very revolutionary and existent.

It's a small step from guys clipping through each other and sitting at a table to space stations buzzing with life.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Spatial posted:

It's intensely hilarious that this game doesn't have NPCsgameplay five years into development.
Fixed.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I think criticism is healthy but uninformed statements like this aren't helpful and make people stop listening.

Yes, you are correct - there are NPC ship enemy dudes that act according to dogfight parameters and not much else. I think what is being referred to here is guys who walk around and do space things, fulfilling Chris's insane dream of having a 9:1 NPC to player ratio.

e: just looked at regdate. Welcome back, SurfaceDetail. lmao

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

TrustmeImLegit posted:

how much u in for commando

also welcome

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I think some people need to watch some TZ interviews to get an idea of whats planned for AI. NPCs are already in the game.

As for scheduling we should have a production report coming out this week or early next week. Year is young.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I guess it depends on your definition of an NPC. All MMOs have literally billions of NPCs, if you count every monster that has spawned and been killed to be a separate NPC. If CIG are saying that they'll be spawning a million autopilot space ships that will play a few pre-recorded audio files at you before they die, then their claims are extremely unimpressive.

On the bright side they've already managed to spawn millions of NPCs at this point so I guess they can pack up and go home.

In reality, CIG have claimed that they'll have complex AI NPCs that live fleshed out independent existences in the simulated universe. The number of NPCs that meet this criteria at the moment: zero.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I think some people need to watch some TZ interviews to get an idea of whats planned for AI. NPCs are already in the game.

As for scheduling we should have a production report coming out this week or early next week. Year is young.

Whatever. Show us your balls.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TrustmeImLegit posted:

the underpants guy is the only NPC, fact

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

happyhippy posted:

I have lti - set to ramming speed sulu.

get r done!

Engage er

Enrage!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard