Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CaptainPsyko posted:

https://youtu.be/pWxBCSMDSoM

:stare:

~3.6 total multiplier AoE shared SB. 50% chance to confuse. (Well, I'll say...)

I see they finally made an All The Bravest reference in their Anti-All The Bravest game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

KataraniSword posted:

Not even VIII was designed from the cutscenes back. Sure, they had a few, but they basically tried to have a story, it was just a bad one. But 13 was always about Motomu Toriyama's Waifu, Lightning McQueen, and How Pretty And Awesome She Is.

XIII, they just made a bunch of cutscenes with Lightning flipping around and being badass, added in cutscenes of Snow being an idiot, Sazh being a stereotype, Hope being whiny, Fang and Vanille being lesbian Australians, and Raines being named Cid, and then suddenly they realized they forgot to actually attach these cutscenes to the gameplay (such as it is) in any meaningful manner. So basically what you're staring at is less "a story" and more "about seven metric tons of narrative duct tape", enough so that it filled up two extra games worth of cutscenes after 13 alone turned into such a trainwreck.

To this day, I believe that the reason everyone shits on 13 for its hyperlinearity is because they've blocked out how godawful the writing is.

I like how her real name is Claire.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

KataraniSword posted:

I see they finally made an All The Bravest reference in their Anti-All The Bravest game.

It isn't an ATB reference. It's for the Final Fantasy Brigade collab.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

But... But I like XIII. :smith:

The story in the first game isn't that bad but the rest of the series goes crazy.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 15, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zurai posted:

It isn't an ATB reference. It's for the Final Fantasy Brigade collab.

Without the Theatrhythm artstyle it's just a reference to a Final Fantasy mobile game from half a decade ago. :thejoke:

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

KataraniSword posted:

Not even VIII was designed from the cutscenes back. Sure, they had a few, but they basically tried to have a story, it was just a bad one. But 13 was always about Motomu Toriyama's Waifu, Lightning McQueen, and How Pretty And Awesome She Is.

XIII, they just made a bunch of cutscenes with Lightning flipping around and being badass, added in cutscenes of Snow being an idiot, Sazh being a stereotype, Hope being whiny, Fang and Vanille being lesbian Australians, and Raines being named Cid, and then suddenly they realized they forgot to actually attach these cutscenes to the gameplay (such as it is) in any meaningful manner. So basically what you're staring at is less "a story" and more "about seven metric tons of narrative duct tape", enough so that it filled up two extra games worth of cutscenes after 13 alone turned into such a trainwreck.

To this day, I believe that the reason everyone shits on 13 for its hyperlinearity is because they've blocked out how godawful the writing is.

An evil-God commands our heroes to destroy the world. The heroes make some dramatic speeches about fighting fate, and then just do what the evil-God wanted anyways because they didn't really have a choice to begin with. A different God who wasn't really mentioned until this point decides to intervene at this point and fix everything for our heroes. The heroes accomplished nothing at all, and their quest was hopeless and pointless from the get-go, mystery-God just got bored and decided to fix everything for you.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Varance posted:

Fresh soul breaks:

Mog will be forever single: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU5UqGOt52c

holy poo poo

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Oh boy, looks like we get the FFX torment starting monday. I think I can do it but I know this guy is tough.

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Man, Barthandelus Apocalypse is the rudest raid so far. At least if you can keep the party alive past his Dispel > Mystic Veil > Ruinga > Destrudo combo you have a good shot of winning (also if you make sure you remove his haste).

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Got my first "Novice" 1 trophy thing. It was from the 80 difficulty Atmos.

I joined a raid leader who had a 60 P. Cecil and 45 Golbez, no accessories, no SBs, Double Cut for Cecil and Ice for Golbez. Another person joined who had a Kain and Tyro in the 50s somewhere and the Tyro had Power Break. The leader started the match without waiting for another person so it was a six-person run.

I basically just solo'd it with 99 Beatrix and 98 Vanille, both with BSBs and Instant KO resist accessories. So that was fun. The two dead teammates seemed happy that I carried them to their mithril or whatever. :3:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
what do you guys use for organizing and tracking your equipment/characters/rm/etc? I see google doc templates but I don't really know how that stuff works, and I can't find any good guides or explanations on how to use them. I'm getting to the point where I want to see what I have for my own use and for better asking for advice.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Google Sheets works like a pared-down Excel, although you don't really need to do anything fancy with it. Just fill out a grid logically for what you need and colour-code to taste? There's not a whole lot to it.

Here's my current one (inspired by Varance), denoting all OSBs, BSBs, and any SB/SSB with haste, medicas, attach/imperil, or boost/faith:

acumen fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 15, 2017

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Oh gently caress. I forgot about the bart raid. I guess I'll have to get that done tonorrow.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Haven't been playing this for a few days beyond logging in for my daily rewards; decided to get some MP knocked out tonight and noticed a few people were spamming a GIlgamesh sticker ("I've been waiting for this!"). Where'd that come from and how do I get it?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

W.T. Fits posted:

Haven't been playing this for a few days beyond logging in for my daily rewards; decided to get some MP knocked out tonight and noticed a few people were spamming a GIlgamesh sticker ("I've been waiting for this!"). Where'd that come from and how do I get it?

When you pick out an MP duo team and go to the "join a group" screen, you can mess with your stickers. Gilgamesh was added to the list of stickers you can add to your party and battle stamp collections.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Is there a "Why aren't you wearing Resist KO accessories, you dipshit?!" sticker? Maybe with like a funny picture of a moogle or something?

I feel like I could use it.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008
I'm on the fence toward the Torment Dungeon.

I know I have Gilgamesh's BSB and Legends blade as well Bartz's cape.

I also have Krille's Wind Drake.

Should I take the gamble or is it that dumb?

P.S

I got motes dawg!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Munoma posted:

I'm on the fence toward the Torment Dungeon.

I know I have Gilgamesh's BSB and Legends blade as well Bartz's cape.

I also have Krille's Wind Drake.

Should I take the gamble or is it that dumb?

P.S

I got motes dawg!

Torment dungeons do not cost stamina, unless you win. So only thing you might have to lose is time.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Or like 20 stamina, in case you're an idiot like me who wants to hit-and-run so he can use known meme Tiny Bee to deal with the trash

(🐝)

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Black Mage Knight posted:

(also if you make sure you remove his haste).

just to add on a little here:

in multiplayer, the cast times of U+/Apoc bosses are single-tick so slow and haste are both incredibly powerful and a hasted MP boss will go absolutely nuts.

but in singleplayer it hardly makes a difference at all on fast bosses since they've barely got a turn bar to begin with, it's all ability cast times holding them back. 600 speed gives a 0,5 sec turn timer, 650 gives 0,17.

looking at barthandelus in particular, he is relatively slow at 450 (MP) 500 (SP), so dispelling that haste should be a priority either way

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Yeah, I have had groups where no one brought a form of Dispel and what happens is basically Bart getting 2 turns for every one character that acted. After that I basically just reflexively backed out if I saw no one with a form of dispel when I entered any group because that was terrifying to be a part of.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

Attestant posted:

Torment dungeons do not cost stamina, unless you win. So only thing you might have to lose is time.

My point is, do I have a chance? Low level five tier abilities as an example.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Torment success is more based around 'do you have native medica/hastega/wall as well as overall good hones'

You can't cheat and just RW something. You need the entire package native, it's an endurance race

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

This Warmech fight loving sucks. I can't seem to balance offense and defense properly, and twice now I've died with it at pixels of health

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

Beasteh posted:

Torment success is more based around 'do you have native medica/hastega/wall as well as overall good hones'

You can't cheat and just RW something. You need the entire package native, it's an endurance race

Geez, I have Legends blade so protect.

I'll try anyway, thanks for the responses.

Oh, will interrupt/dismissal be effective?

*edit*

ah I forgot I have Lenna's Super.

I'M GOING IN BOYS AND GIRLS!

Munoma fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jan 15, 2017

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
"The XIII ++ Cid mission wasn't hard, I bet I can do the +++ CM no problem :downs:"

I swear to loving god if I have to fight Bort one more time... Even his battle music is bullshit!!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Anybody got a handy list of great RM's to have/target?

It's been a while since I've really paid attention to these and I feel like I use the same 5 or 6 for almost every fight but they're probably outdated and/or wrong at this point.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

IllegallySober posted:

It's been a while since I've really paid attention to these and I feel like I use the same 5 or 6 for almost every fight but they're probably outdated and/or wrong at this point.

Reddit is awful but their FFRK board has a ton of very useful info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/591vry/musthave_record_materia_mciii_edition/

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

IllegallySober posted:

Honestly, other than some direct numerical upgrades from MC3 broken characters (I.e. Cloud's 30% sword damage RM) not much has changed in the last six months. Your core Mako/Dr. Mog/Ace Striker/Battleforged/Doublecast White options are mostly the same.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Awesome, thank you.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Honestly, other than some direct numerical upgrades from MC3 broken characters (I.e. Cloud's 30% sword damage RM) not much has changed in the last six months. Your core Mako/Dr. Mog/Ace Striker/Battleforged/Doublecast White options are mostly the same.

I'm...actually not sure I have the last two you mentioned. I'll go look those up, thanks.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

IllegallySober posted:

Awesome, thank you.

I'm...actually not sure I have the last two you mentioned. I'll go look those up, thanks.

Battleforged is Ramza's ace striker clone.

Doublecast White is core devout IIRC

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Reminder to newer players: Tyro's Selection 3 is coming soon, likely during the next event (it toward the end of the Seymour event on the JP side). Assuming the relics don't change radically, here's what's on the banner:

BSB: Celes (Maria's Song) Area Medium ATK/MAG Up + Enlight + Burst Mode (Single Fire/Holy and Ice/Holy attacks) [Weapon improves holy damage]
BSB: Tidus (Abe's All-Star) 5x Area Water Phys + Enwater + Burst Mode (Single + Area Water attacks)
BSB: Lightning (Requiem of the Goddess) 7x Single Target Non-Ele Phys hits + Burst Mode (Single/Area Non-Ele Phy attacks that have a chance to stun)
SSB: Ramza (Shout) Area Large ATK up + Haste
SSB: Krile (Sheepsong) Area Large MAG up + Haste [Weapon improves fire damage]
SSB: Rosa (Divine Heal) Area Curaja + Magic Blink
SSB: Fran (Mist Overload) 7x Single Non-Ele Phys + Full Breakdown
SB: Tyro (Sentinel's Grimoire) Area Wall
SB: Basch (Apocalypse Shield) Area Medium ATK/DEF up [Armor improves holy damage]

Each pull is G5 (at least one of the above or an off-banner 5* is guaranteed) also gives you a guaranteed choice of an Enelement SB relic for the following characters:

SB: Sephiroth (Nibelheim Nightmare) 4x Area Fire Ranged + Enfire
SB: Squall (Mystic Flurry) 5x Area Ice Ranged + Enblizzard
SB: Desch (Bolt of the Ancients) 4x Area Lightning Ranged + Enthunder
SB: Lightning (Stormborn) Enthunder (don't pick this, that's all it does)
SB: Rinoa (The Brothers) 3x Area Earth Magic + Enstone
SB: Bartz (Choco Romp) 5x Area Wind Phys + Enaero [Armor improves wind damage]
SB: Cloud (Climhazzard) 7x Single Wind Phys + Enaero
SB: Yuna (Farplane Wind) 3x Area Holy Magic + Enlight
SB: Exdeath (Dark Earth Shaker) 3x Area Dark Magic + Endark
SB: Kuja (Dread of Death) 4x Area Dark Magic + Endark
SB: Gabranth (Enrage) 6x Single Dark Phys + Endark [Armor improves defence against the dark arts]

I highly recommend that new players without a large relic stash spend their mythril on the Summon Nightmare and Tyro Select 3 banners. Do a 50 pull if possible for the guaranteed 5* relic.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dolla pull

A attack and def break? Sure I'll take it!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Dolla pull

Grats, its good. It's especially useful if you can get her 6* dragoon access; You can use Sky High without honing it.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Dolla pull

Don't miss the Aether on the second command either, that's very useful.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

On second thought you could just use Lightning Dive. Unlike Kain's BSB, Freya's doesn't really incentivize you to use a specific element, so unless you have her enaero or some +wind equipment Lightning should work just as well.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Oh hmm wow this boss sure is throwing out tons of dangerous magic.

*clicks Runic* oh there we go.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 16, 2017

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

As I said before, my Anniversary Mythril stash took a hit for a pull on the Banner 2 of this Event.

Now, to Elephant Ambush's relief, it seems the best way to avoid getting a dupe Tin Armor was to actively chase it...

That said, I'm glad for this small result and the fact I got a good emulator to play Multiplayer & Long Ultimate Battles without dealing with my fainting-prone phone...

AstraSage fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 16, 2017

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Yeah Runic makes this raid a total non issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Runic basically made it so I didn't need to pay attention to the Apoc difficulty. Faris with wind imperil SSB and multi break were basically just there to help things go faster.

• Locked thread