Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
lmao that girl got put to sleep and won on points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Ref cost Celine Haga the win

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
what a farce

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Amy Montenegro won a round where she was choked unconscious 10-9

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Amy Montenegro won a round where she was choked unconscious 10-9

lmao, ffs...this was crazy

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
That's going to the commission and getting overturned.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The person who won the fight by decision woke up after the end of the third round and had to ask the ref "what happened"

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

They better pay Haga her win bonus.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

They better pay Haga her win bonus.

small consolation .. especially with their wages

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
How much do they get paid in Invicta?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Tsyni posted:

dunno but im sure its pennies

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

On the low end I think 1k/1k. Maybe 500/500?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
One of the fighters has a short patchy haircut because she had to hurriedly cut her hair off to make weight. This card is cool

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

ty, theyre rather good

Kedzie's also Invicta's matchmaker iirc

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Straight Drac'ced her.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I adore bodyshot KOs.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

fatherdog posted:

You do rc.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dr. Abysmal posted:

One of the fighters has a short patchy haircut because she had to hurriedly cut her hair off to make weight. This card is cool

i shaved my head to save like 50 grams for the junior tt national champs a few years ago. i came middle of the pack :D

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

fatherdog posted:

Not anymore, she started studying so Kaitlin Young has taken over the matchmaking thing.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Was it Invicta's first matchmaker that stole all their money and ran, or something, or was that a former CEO or something?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
The Last of the Mohicans theme is probably in the top ten most used mma entrance music, right up there with Lux Aeterna and slightly below "Anything from a Rocky movie"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Aspen Ladd is good and I'm sorry I made fun of her bogus rear end name all those events ago.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Tsyni posted:

I.N.R.I posted:

dunno but im sure its pennies

Le Saboteur posted:

On the low end I think 1k/1k. Maybe 500/500?

The last Invicta card Amy Montenegro fought on she lost and got paid $2000, so presumably she was making $2k/$2k.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The only thing I don't like is Aspen really seems to punch short. Tends to need to get deep in the pocket to land. Not sure if it's a reach issue or a technique issue though.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

Aspen Ladd is good and I'm sorry I made fun of her bogus rear end name all those events ago.

Aspen Ladd is the truth and everybody is sleeping on her.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

fatherdog posted:

The last Invicta card Amy Montenegro fought on she lost and got paid $2000, so presumably she was making $2k/$2k.

Wow they actually pay way better than I thought they did. If I recall correctly the UFC covers Cyborgs fight purse right?

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Didn't really have a dog in this fight until I realized Eubanks was a Lloyd Irvin fighter, lets go Ladd

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Dead Snoopy posted:

Aspen Ladd is the truth and everybody is sleeping on her.

The LaddBible.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

Wow they actually pay way better than I thought they did. If I recall correctly the UFC covers Cyborgs fight purse right?

They weren't initially, whether they were at this point is anybody's guess.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I love you, Aspen Ladd.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Aspen Ladd will probably be a UFC prospect but her arms seem awfully stubby for bantamweight

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Aspen Ladd will probably be a UFC prospect but her arms seem awfully stubby for bantamweight

She's a strapping young Ladd

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The main event of this card is anderson silva vs. some guys who .@ him .

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

DISCOUNT
LUMBER

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
My favorite thing about invictia is not only is there no reebok so they're wearing whatever but they mostly don't have sponsors anyways so they're deeply and truly wearing whatever they want.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

My favorite thing about invictia is not only is there no reebok so they're wearing whatever but they mostly don't have sponsors anyways so they're deeply and truly wearing whatever they want.

Hahah.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Discount Lumber showing her dedication to the product by impersonating it in the ring.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
goddamn

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Lol Elizabeth Phillips was ALL THE WAY OUT.