Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

So someone upload footage they captured from the Switch event, their video is 60fps but I ripped it counted the frames, it's only 30fps.

The Wii U version didn't break 17 fps

e: this is the video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Since they Joycon has gyro controls and they work well with Splatoon maybe they will Kid Icarus: Uprising Switch or Kid Icarus: Uprising 2

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They are claiming Xenoblade 2 is coming in all territories this year.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Anidav posted:

No it's 20 hours on each side combined it's 40 hours, unsure if the grip Co ordinates the battery life to make it 40 but it is definitely at least 20 hours.

Cool, thanks.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

greatn posted:

They did have a lot of time to work on it, maybe all that's missing is the translation and dubs

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

greatn posted:

I'm actually thinking that might not be too crazy a claim. Both Xenoblade and X took a while to come out, but X was their first HD game and 2 will probably continue off the basics of those games.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The art style looked different too maybe Retro is helping out to get it done fast? It kinds looked like a Western Anime game.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Anidav posted:

Lmao Neogaf expected a portable PS4 with Free online.

Probably the worst site for gaming news at the moment and the Sony Defence Force there is just insane.

Shafting Nintendo for asking for a subscription fee but praising Sony for raising the price of PSN.

What a horrible forum.

MarcusSA posted:

Neogaf is terrible

I really can't think of another message board that has taken such a nosedive in quality.

Ten years ago the site used to be dominated by both actual insiders and highly knowledgeable seasoned gamers from the 16-bit era. As time went on the website gradually became dominated by the Xbox 360 generation. People who only give a poo poo about flashy cinematic games and don't give gently caress about actual gameplay. I used to read forum posts on that website that were very enlightening, now they just simply make me roll my eyes on their jacking off over how "revolutionary" a game like Fallout 4 is.

The off-topic has gotten even worse. Specifically the political forums. They went from being a bastion of well informed left learners to coastal Silicon Valley liberals who worship Hillary Clinton and masturbate to off-camera videos of Hamilton.

The site also has some of the dumbest mods who for some weird reason are so well respected like "it is impossible for black people to be racist and if you dislike Hillary Clinton then you are a racist" Bish.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

greatn posted:

They've got almost a whole year to delay, though.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Anidav posted:

The art style looked different too maybe Retro is helping out to get it done fast? It kinds looked like a Western Anime game.

No

No

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
The Japanese stream is making Arms look really good, though the announcer was half the fun.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Last night my gamestop had 11 preorders out of 52 still open. I thought I would think it over and went back today. All gone! Oh well I guess everything happens for a reason. I guess I can wait and see how reviews turn out for both switch and Zelda. Hoping I can pick it up in the first month or so.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Anidav posted:

I doubt Retro would make XB look MORE anime than it already does.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Anaxite posted:

The Japanese stream is making Arms look really good, though the announcer was half the fun.

The stone cold frown Caucasian girl is selling it to me.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Calaveron posted:

They did have a lot of time to work on it, maybe all that's missing is the translation and dubs

I'd believe that. One of the Xenoblade cast members tweeted out that they're back in the studio or something after 2 was announced so I guess they're already doing voice overs.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I like Xenoblade 2's art style, because Chronicles X couldn't decide whether the people were anime or not. Human bodies, anime heads. loving pick one, please. Xenoblade 2 chose. I would have preferred humans, but anime people are better than those weird half breeds.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Zoran posted:

I wish there had been purple Joy-Cons

:agreed:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

http://imgur.com/a/EGJKt
Oh Live events I love you

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 15, 2017

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-
Thank you, Nintendo. Now I know you're still bothering with Betamax recorders.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I dont know why when i try to embed its hosed but man...ARMS looks fun

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Pureauthor posted:

Then why didn't they have Sega talk about those games instead of going up to make white noise?

Are you really asking why SEGA did something stupid?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Junkie Disease posted:

It looks fun, but I'm not a huge fighting game guy and I see it as something I'd put maybe 2-5 hours into single player and maybe another 5-10hours total of multiplayer. I'd play it if someone else had it but for $60 nah not my type of game. It also looks like the type of game that will oversell so maybe I can get a used copy next year for $20. To the right person it's worth $60.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

It looks fun, but I'm not a huge fighting game guy and I see it as something I'd put maybe 2-5 hours into single player and maybe another 5-10hours total of multiplayer. I'd play it if someone else had it but for $60 nah not my type of game. It also looks like the type of game that will oversell so maybe I can get a used copy next year for $20. To the right person it's worth $60.

I'm assuming theres more everything in there, but then i remember Nintendoland. I loved nintendoland but the price was just off.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Junkie Disease posted:

I want to see a competitive scene form around it because high level play in that game could be loving insane.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

greatn posted:

Best Buy had placeholders for its pre-order up yesterday as well. Didn't bother trying to pre-order it though. Going to do so once we get some more info, probably.

ARMs looks like someone wants to mix Punch-Out with Virtua On. This is acceptable to me.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

punk rebel ecks posted:

I really can't think of another message board that has taken such a nosedive in quality.

Ten years ago the site used to be dominated by both actual insiders and highly knowledgeable seasoned gamers from the 16-bit era. As time went on the website gradually became dominated by the Xbox 360 generation. People who only give a poo poo about flashy cinematic games and don't give gently caress about actual gameplay. I used to read forum posts on that website that were very enlightening, now they just simply make me roll my eyes on their jacking off over how "revolutionary" a game like Fallout 4 is.

The off-topic has gotten even worse. Specifically the political forums. They went from being a bastion of well informed left learners to coastal Silicon Valley liberals who worship Hillary Clinton and masturbate to off-camera videos of Hamilton.

The site also has some of the dumbest mods who for some weird reason are so well respected like "it is impossible for black people to be racist and if you dislike Hillary Clinton then you are a racist" Bish.

It's called SonyGaf for a reason these days. Threads comparing Zelda to God of War lmao

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

punk rebel ecks posted:

and masturbate to off-camera videos of Hamilton.

They'll miss out on the latest in masturbation technology.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Evil Fluffy posted:

Are you really asking why SEGA did something stupid?
Somehow I don't think Sega holds more responsibility that Ninty for this particular gaffe.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I went to the store today and Preordered Bomberman

I am very excited to play a new Bomberman :)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I went to the store today and Preordered Bomberman

I am very excited to play a new Bomberman :)

I still can't find this on Amazon, did it sell out there, or did they just not put up game of the year?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I am the most excited for SPLATOON 2

truly Gaming's Ambrosia, especially now that I can Splat Everywhere

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so dragon quest 1+2 just looks like you choose between the games on a menu instead of like combining them or anything interesting

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Oh well I guess everything happens for a reason.
The reason is you hosed up

Try again somewhere else!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

pixaal posted:

I still can't find this on Amazon, did it sell out there, or did they just not put up game of the year?

I preordered at gamestop so I'm not entirely sure when it's gonna pop up on Amazon if it hasn't already.

Also just now recognized the guys on the box :v:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Christ Square Enix sure knows how not to show off loving anything.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
After falling for the Wii U and being annoyed at the Switch I decided to say gently caress it and trade in my Wii U. After 5 games and the Wii U i'll get 250 dollars back in credit and put it towards the Switch and Zelda.

I'll miss Smash but at least I'll be able to play Zelda I guess? I barely touch my Wii U anyways. I started putting it on my upstairs TV to use as a media center for streaming. It disconnected from Amazon Prime like 4 or 5 times because it said it couldn't connect to the internet, when I don't have any problems with my PS4 or 360. I don't think I'll miss it that much.

The Switch can't gather that much dust right?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Did anyone else notice Bowser was dressed up like Speedwagon from Jojos?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ok so watching ARMS on the Japan stream right now you can target arms of an opponent and disable and slow them down by doing so. This definitely seems like a game where players will feel each other out for a the first half of a match and as soon as one makes a mistake it's going to be a brutal beatdown

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

The Switch can't gather that much dust right?

There are like 5 release games (1 that could be considered AAA) and a huge amount of question marks. There are a few confirmed third party games that will probably make some point in 2017 but basically the majority are big N games. I am not going to buy a system for Splatoon 2 and Zelda, but that's just me. Either way, for Nintendo's sake I hope they sell a shitton during the first 6-12 months or this will likely be another Wii U software wise.

Honestly, I didn't come to take the piss, but the whole thing is underwhelming. Mainly because of the peripheral pricing and how Nintendo is handling online. $300 for a portable system isn't horrible, but they could have at least given the tech demo game as a pack-in like Wii Sports. Then you have rumors like voice chat being done with a third party phone app, and that you basically rent NES/SNES games as the bonus. A lot of the Switch seems to be buying into faith. Faith that Nintendo will not gently caress up the online (lolol) and that 3rd parties will make a decent presence on the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well the online will be free for like four months so they'll get the chance to prove whether or not it's any good.

• Locked thread