Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

DISCOUNT
LUMBER

I still think this would be the greatest slang term for when women pick up fugly guys at the bar during closing time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
discount timber

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Work Friend Keven posted:

Discount Lumber showing her dedication to the product by impersonating it in the ring.

lol

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Work Friend Keven posted:

Discount Lumber showing her dedication to the product by impersonating it in the ring.

hahahaha

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Cool that losing her belt in ridiculous fashion has caused Tonya Evinger to mature by A) wear a button up shirt all the way buttoned up B) talk softly and not scream about eating pussy all the time.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
drat this card has been pretty good

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Raquel called it well she's not taking damage anymore. That was a real solid performance from her.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Invicta cards are consistently pretty good.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Chairman Tweet: MEGAN Anderson... What good will your phone do you... if I've uninstalled the official twitter app.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Tsyni posted:

Invicta cards are consistently pretty good.

Yeah, I'm often on the fence about watching them but when I do I'm always glad I did.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Raquel Pa'aluhi should share some of her 1000 chicken recipes

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Things I like about invictia
1. usually very fast paced, not a lot of downtime
2. lets you feel like you're on the cutting edge of whos up and coming which is a pain in the rear end to do with mens now because every fighter in the world whos good is already under contract
3. Despite the main/comain usually being a UFC quality match between professionals, The first match or two always looks like someone's fitbox mom v. a ring girl who got confused.

Things I dont like
1. Jessamyn duke gets fights there, which is morally wrong
2. Kind of depressing to see DISCOUNT LUMBER get starched for 500 dollars like we're watching a 16 man open tournament in Nebraska in 2005.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

"She's also hunting for ghosts in the past."

Thankless work, but I'm glad some brave hero is standing against the spectral horde.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Charmain Tweet looks like she was just cast as the heavy in a Syfy original about a near-future dystopia

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Half of the Invicta roster look like they're from Syfy shows.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Oh god Tweet really stunned Megan there.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'm all for women's 145 if it means they can actually hurt each other.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Anderson wobbled Tweet's head like a bobblehead and tweet ate two more punches just to take a step forward. lol.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

You can tell Anderson is actually quite hurt. She's not really a wrestler at all.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Fight owns

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Anderson looked the worse at the end of that round.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Tweet is Home Simpsoning Megan.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

She just shattered her loving nose. Wow.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
lol at Tweet spinning like a top trying to land a hail mary backfist

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
drat Anderson is a killer

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Well, drat.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Between this and the Cyborg fight I think Tweet's chin might be slightly too good for her own good

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Between this and the Cyborg fight I think Tweet's chin might be slightly too good for her own good

Yeah.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

How long until the UFC calls Anderson? If they actually are going to go through with creating WFW, they need her.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

So Megan's probably going straight up to the UFC now.

She seems like a very promotable young fighter.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Did Anderson apologize to Tweet for kicking her rear end?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Did I hear that right, the girl that won after getting choked out is nicknamed "the resurrection"?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
double post: yep http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Amy-Cadwell-Montenegro-85014

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Goddamn that was a good card, there were three head kick KOs

Also when is Invicta gonna go full WEC and get folded into the UFC? Having all that talent under the same organization is gonna be awesome

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
The UFC's owners have likely closed their checkbooks for now

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Charmain Tweet's blood has pleased Khorne, we all get to live for another few months!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dan Didio posted:

Cool that losing her belt in ridiculous fashion has caused Tonya Evinger to mature by A) wear a button up shirt all the way buttoned up B) talk softly and not scream about eating pussy all the time.

The commission gave her belt back.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
This Week's Shows

Wednesday
Alaska Fighting Championship 128 - 11 PM ET - UFC Fight Pass - Brian Ryan vs. Julio Paulino

Thursday
Combate Americas Combate10 - 10 PM ET - UFC Fight Pass - Steve Swanson vs. Gustavo Lopez

Friday
Legacy Fighting Alliance 2 - 9 PM ET - AXS - Mike Richman vs. Lazar Stojadinovic
(Kickboxing) Glory 37 Super Fight Series - 10:30 PM ET - UFC Fight Pass - Robin Van Roosmalen vs. Matt Embree (FTW Title)
(Kickboxing) Glory 37 - 1 AM ET Live - Airs on tape on ESPN2 1/29 at 9 PM ET - Jason Wilnes vs. Israel Adesanya (MW Title)

Saturday
Titan FC 43 - 7 PM - UFC Fight Pass - Jose Torres vs. Pedro Nobre
Bellator 170 - 9 PM ET - Spike - Chael Sonnen vs. Tito Ortiz

Sunday there's a DEEP event in Japan which is probably streamed or something, I just wanted to note it here because apparently the event is called "DEEP Osaka Impact 2017: Penetrator Challenge"

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Quick Question - Has anyone experienced a problem where Fight Pass loads on their phone but gives them a password error even after a password reset on the XBox One?

I figured the amount of B leagues on there now makes this the place to ask. I need my full screen fights, damnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Quick Question - Has anyone experienced a problem where Fight Pass loads on their phone but gives them a password error even after a password reset on the XBox One?

I figured the amount of B leagues on there now makes this the place to ask. I need my full screen fights, damnit.

I've had it before where I attempted the password too many times and it locked me out for like an hour, even after a reset.

Just listened to the Rogan podcast with Bas and Mauro. It's a great listen for some funny stories about PRIDE.