Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hundu mentioned that It Follows is an extremely feetsy film and I can confirm that Myth of the American Sleepover is as well.

I wonder if Mitchell's brief Twitter back and forth with QT after it follows was coded fetish language.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah that's kinda what I'm saying a bit. I'm not against harsh criticism, but the whole putting it out for the world to see when I wasn't really intending on doing that, and being a little snarky about the first page just felt unusually mean to me.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

glam rock hamhock posted:

If you need to thrash CPL's script, there's no reason to do that outside of PMs because it will just be a conversation where none of us will actually have anything but assumptions to work on

I thought CPL's script was pretty good. A bit short, maybe.

Samuel Clemens fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jan 15, 2017

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Well played

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah that's kinda what I'm saying a bit. I'm not against harsh criticism, but the whole putting it out for the world to see when I wasn't really intending on doing that, and being a little snarky about the first page just felt unusually mean to me.

You've spent too much time talking about your script in this thread to whine about other people who've read it also talk about it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fine then. Trash it. I won't talk about my stuff any more. I'll just stick to posting colorful toy pics.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
At least you got feedback :P

Man Canadian mumblecore films are sooooo boring.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

weekly font posted:

Every year and a half or so I get the urge to rewatch Up in the Air and when that urge strikes me, I think to myself, "Why, I remember it being good but not that good." Then I watch it and I'm reminded that, no, it is really that good and I probably don't remember that because it rises to the levels that all of Jason Reitman's other movies vocally aspire to.

it makes me so angry whenever I think about Jason Reitman's last two movies because Labor Day is such a boring movie that could be made by anyone and The Internet Is Really Really Bad Y'all, Starring Adam Sandler is one of the worst, most anger inducing things I've watched in a theater.

and then I think about his first four movies and wonder how he could gently caress that up. What if that happens to Edgar Wright? What if his next movie is just complete and total garbage? I don't think I could handle that.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Death By The Blues posted:

At least you got feedback :P

Hey man I poo poo all over your script, don't sell me short

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

CelticPredator posted:

Fine then. Trash it. I won't talk about my stuff any more. I'll just stick to posting colorful toy pics.

we can always talk about something else

example: i'm watching BvS again. I've watched it more than anything else that's come out this year. Does this mean it's my favorite movie? probably

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

If it helps any, this vignette has inspired me to write a scene in my screenplay of two characters arguing over a script.

My horror comedy keeps drifting into Seinfeld territory.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Jenny Angel posted:

Hey man I poo poo all over your script, don't sell me short

Really?! I didn't get anything haha

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
I was about to post about how I'd never show you people any of the lovely things I've written, but then I realized: I'm doing that just by posting.
:negative:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Egbert Souse posted:

If it helps any, this vignette has inspired me to write a scene in my screenplay of two characters arguing over a script.

Seinfeld is pretty ripe for a horror interpretation, the comic where everyone turns into owls.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Good to expose yourself, the industry and well the world is tough and brutal, so getting a thick skin earlier is good.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm pretty sure shared that script about pissing LEGO bricks a while back.

That script will be made eventually but due to the impracticality of creating a realistic fake penis that can convincingly let out huge streams of puss, blood, and LEGO the main character will probably undergo a gender swap. That way we can just have the leading lady sit on a toilet and make pained expressions and add in some sounds of LEGO hitting porcelain and then cut to a shot of blood and LEGO flooding into the toilet bowl. The title is of course a pun that only works in Icelandic wherein an extra letter is added to the word "LEGOLAND" so it means "LEGOURINE" instead.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Man, Network is really loving good.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'm pretty sure shared that script about pissing LEGO bricks a while back.

That script will be made eventually but due to the impracticality of creating a realistic fake penis that can convincingly let out huge streams of puss, blood, and LEGO the main character will probably undergo a gender swap. That way we can just have the leading lady sit on a toilet and make pained expressions and add in some sounds of LEGO hitting porcelain and then cut to a shot of blood and LEGO flooding into the toilet bowl. The title is of course a pun that only works in Icelandic wherein an extra letter is added to the word "LEGOLAND" so it means "LEGOURINE" instead.

Are you serious? The imagery of a penis being ripped apart by a stream of lego bricks forcing their way out of/through the eurethra is the best part.

Fabricating a rubber/gel/latex prop and making a rig to force lego bricks and fluid through it would totally be worth it.

Cronenberg as gently caress.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Really?! I didn't get anything haha

You were the short about the guy who lost his wife in a suitcase right? Cause if so I definitely wrote like a page or two worth of critique on that and you responded. I guess I didn't make it clear that it was me in that email, but none of the paragraphs in it had punctuation at the end of them and if you can't keep track of my minor typing gimmick then that's your fault imo

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
So are we talking a handful of 1x1 round panels or are you planning on going full Duplo?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Budgie Jumping posted:

I was about to post about how I'd never show you people any of the lovely things I've written, but then I realized: I'm doing that just by posting.
:negative:

I wrote three drafts of a novel over the last two years but I will never show it to anyone because its still insanely bad. I gave up on it

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Jenny Angel posted:

You were the short about the guy who lost his wife in a suitcase right? Cause if so I definitely wrote like a page or two worth of critique on that and you responded. I guess I didn't make it clear that it was me in that email, but none of the paragraphs in it had punctuation at the end of them and if you can't keep track of my minor typing gimmick then that's your fault imo

O shoot you did, sorry about that! We fixed a bunch of that. If you wanted to read the new grammatically corrected screenplay, please let me know.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

That image was the first thing I though about after the title so if we can find a workable way of doing it properly we probably will. The gender swap is also partially motivated by the fact that we have a planned series of sketches with a female main character and we thought we might retrofit this one into that one.

I haven't actually looked it up but I bet there is a shitload of dildos that are hollow and designed for ejecting things but I somehow expect they are insanely expensive and that most of them are freaky alien tentacle dragon dongs.

Currently we are working on doing a almost remake of this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhV-4658syE
Except instead of getting naked the people eat forbidden potato chips like communion wafers.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 223 days!

Egbert Souse posted:

The killer overhears them and then brilliantly subverts their kills.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

wyoming posted:

Seinfeld is pretty ripe for a horror interpretation, the comic where everyone turns into owls.

I just like the idea of doing genre films through a comedy lens. That's why I love Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End. They're excellent examples of the genres in addition to being great comedies. All on top of being brilliantly made.

Especially in horror, a lot of bad movies would have been saved by simply not taking itself seriously. You can still have a scary horror movie, but just don't have characters be idiots because the script says so.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Schwarzwald posted:

So are we talking a handful of 1x1 round panels or are you planning on going full Duplo?

I am picturing 2x6 block, but that's probably a bit extreme. But the tall ones. Maybe start with a 1x3, then a 1x2, then a 2x6 and call it good. Stream of urine, separate syringe to add blood as the bricks start to come.

The easiest way to do is is probably to actually drill and thread and glue the bricks onto some clear fishing line, which will be concealed by the stream of fluid and maybe a bit of digital editing if they are all seperate strings, the bricks can fall away as they come out.

This method has it's downsides, but I feel like it'll give the best bulge of the bricks traveling down the shaft. If that's not important visually (of course it is), you could instead use larger rubber tube for the shaft, which won't deform, but you put the bricks in it and push them through with a plunger.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

O shoot you did, sorry about that! We fixed a bunch of that. If you wanted to read the new grammatically corrected screenplay, please let me know.

Yeah for sure please give it to me again and I will brutally attack it again!! I'mma kill you, man

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
My pseudo godfather essentially called my last project a piece of poo poo and not very good and yea I have had enough failures in my life for things not to really effect me.

So yea kill me D:. Just want this script to be good, cause we are going to invest a lot into it.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

My pseudo godfather essentially called my last project a piece of poo poo and not very good and yea I have had enough failures in my life for things not to really effect me.

So yea kill me D:. Just want this script to be good, cause we are going to invest a lot into it.

Did he say YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN?

I read your script and it was good. It's more of a vignette as it is, but I like where it's going.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

DC Murderverse posted:

we can always talk about something else

example: i'm watching BvS again. I've watched it more than anything else that's come out this year. Does this mean it's my favorite movie? probably

Related question: Is there a release of any of the DCEU movies that includes director commentary?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Egbert Souse posted:

I just like the idea of doing genre films through a comedy lens. That's why I love Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World's End. They're excellent examples of the genres in addition to being great comedies. All on top of being brilliantly made.

I loving love The World's End and I'm puzzled by people who think it's the weakest of the Cornetto trilogy.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

That image was the first thing I though about after the title so if we can find a workable way of doing it properly we probably will. The gender swap is also partially motivated by the fact that we have a planned series of sketches with a female main character and we thought we might retrofit this one into that one.

I haven't actually looked it up but I bet there is a shitload of dildos that are hollow and designed for ejecting things but I somehow expect they are insanely expensive and that most of them are freaky alien tentacle dragon dongs.

Currently we are working on doing a almost remake of this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhV-4658syE
Except instead of getting naked the people eat forbidden potato chips like communion wafers.

You should do the LEGO urethral ejection in slow motion, loooooong take, close-up, making it look as realistic as possible.

All set to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt5EHAqhR1c

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Egbert Souse posted:

Did he say YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN?

I read your script and it was good. It's more of a vignette as it is, but I like where it's going.

Thank you. In the latest drafts we added more connective strands to make it work, so hopefully that' fixes the vignetteness. The hardest part will be casting non union 40-65 is tricky to find.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Timby posted:

I loving love The World's End and I'm puzzled by people who think it's the weakest of the Cornetto trilogy.

I mean of the three something has to be the weakest, and for some reason it's hard for people to admit it's Shaun Of The Dead.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yo I've only read the first page of the new script so far but it's quite good now and really draws me in. It's looking like a major improvement that you should be 100% very proud of

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

blue squares posted:

I wrote three drafts of a novel over the last two years but I will never show it to anyone because its still insanely bad. I gave up on it

The problem is you're writing a novel. You should try your hand at a 160-page sci-fi comedy screenplay.

I'm playin cp i love you man

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Jenny Angel posted:

Yo I've only read the first page of the new script so far but it's quite good now and really draws me in. It's looking like a major improvement that you should be 100% very proud of

Thank you!

More or less trying to figure out how to balance the more comedic elements and not look like we are making fun or light of their scenario.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I lost it when my old laptop died, and I wish I had archived it now. I wanted to make a short film parody of those Hostess pie comic ads and ended up with a black comedy revenge thriller about a man obsessed with finding the perfect pie. It was while I was going through my Orson Welles phase. Maybe I should rewrite it.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

I Before E posted:

I mean of the three something has to be the weakest, and for some reason it's hard for people to admit it's Shaun Of The Dead.

Yep. It's Hot Fuzz > World's End > Shaun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Yo, Hidden Figures and Operation Avalanche make a surprisingly good 2016 moon movie double feature.

• Locked thread