Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I dun kak'd me trousers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Balls to the Mall posted:

Just finished it. Thought it was great fun throughout. Matches are good, but not as great as the cruiserweight tournament, but there is a lot more character in this one in my opinion.

I'd call this 100% accurate.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
For some reason a Michael Cole/ Nigel bromance just seems right.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/820415224977166336

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
that didn't last even ten minutes

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'm in the same hotel as all the WWE guys and I just melted in the presence of Finn Balor.

A-Train is loving huge.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AGrKXY36pw

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

what did this say?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Suplex Liberace posted:

what did this say?

Triple H and Regal are reviewing Pete Dunne's conduct and participation in the tournament..

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The keep taking this down https://twitter.com/WWE/status/820433232424357890

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I was talking to a guy earlier who said that they rehearsed Pete Dunne suplexing that guy yesterday. Just saying.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Have you met Trent Seven or Tyler Bate yet? They are the nicest people.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Gorn Myson posted:

I was talking to a guy earlier who said that they rehearsed Pete Dunne suplexing that guy yesterday. Just saying.

No, Pete Dunne really did that and now his spot in the tournament is in jeopardy

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Finished up the show, it was real good stuff - not quite up to the wild ride that was the CWC but they paced out the 2 hours very nicely and seemed to be doing a fair bit of long-term planning for storylines for an ongoing UK show, which rules.

Also the crowd was loving amazing.

Also also Regal getting in Dunne's face at the end there was cool as poo poo.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
They might get Dunne kicked off so he can do the Progress show tomorrow and used this as a way to protect him from eating a loss

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

They might get Dunne kicked off so he can do the Progress show tomorrow and used this as a way to protect him from eating a loss

Could slide Burch back in with the excuse that the pin was a bad call by the ref, plus the post-match attack.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Also the crowd was loving amazing.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYY

HEY JESUS

OOH AHH

I WANNA KNOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWOWWWOHHH

WILL YOU BE MY LORD

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

drat that hardway on Burch was gnarly

Is Devlin supposed to be heel or does Blackpool just really hate an Irishman

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

"Wow that's a lot of blood suddenly on the mat"

"Oh that's a lot of blood coming from the back of that guy's head"

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Oh he's a heel

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

drat that hardway on Burch was gnarly

Is Devlin supposed to be heel or does Blackpool just really hate an Irishman

Probably both. That post-match attack seems unlikely to be something WWE would let slide as an audible, but might roll with if the blood just messed with the planned finish and angle. I'd bet the idea was Devlin going over with held tights or using the ropes or something.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Konners has weird teeth but he cuts a good promo and has a physique the WWE would like. Put him in a music-themed jobber stable!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

"I seen a murder" guy has a noticeably better intro song than anyone else, did he pay for it himself

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Join me, Basic Chunnel, as I livewatch this tournament several hours after everyone else

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Looks like this was pretty good! Looking forward to catching up and liveposting w/ yall tomorrow

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Jordan Devlin doing god's work

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It's a shame the cameras didn't have the resolution to catch the crowd in hi-def after that superkick in the main

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Are the Rev Pro and Progress on demand channels worth subscribing to?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Given the emphasis on character work and storylines (much more than the CWC), I wonder if this whole thing is a backdoor pilot to an eventual UK show.

I certainly hope so, because I need to see more of T-Bone.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Benne posted:

Given the emphasis on character work and storylines (much more than the CWC), I wonder if this whole thing is a backdoor pilot to an eventual UK show.

My thought exactly. This wont be as good as CWC, but I like the idea of the show better than I ever liked the idea of 205 Live.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Benne posted:

Rumors are that's exactly what it is, specifically to kill the World of Sport reboot in the cradle because WWE is lovely like that

thefakenews
Oct 20, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't stay subscribed all year round, but I've found the Progress service to be well worth it when I have subscribed. Generally I subscribe to watch a handful of shows in a month or two.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Progress absolutely, and its probably the best filmed indie out there

You'll get to understand proper chanting too

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
I hope whoever wins makes an appearance in the Rumble

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Tyler Bate is cool and he looks like Shia Labeouf if he joined the Vaudevillains

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I like Danny Burch more after one match in this tournament than I have after all of his NXT appearances. Let this dude and his Lou Thesz body type shine, WWE!

Was also very surprised by Devlin being a heel. I thought that with all of the Balor mentions he'd be a little baby Balor, but he's smug enough and his head is large enough that he comes off really great as a douche bag heel.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 15, 2017

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I don't know what caused them to change direction but Devlin was being played up as a baby face in materials from the moment he was announced, up until the middle of this week where they had him doing press and teasing the dissension with Balor. I think they were aware that he wasn't going to be that well received as a face. Turns out he's good as a heel.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Frankston posted:

Tyler Bate is cool and he looks like Shia Labeouf if he joined the Vaudevillains

He's a nice polite boy I would have no problem introducing to my parents

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

I don't know what caused them to change direction but Devlin was being played up as a baby face in materials from the moment he was announced, up until the middle of this week where they had him doing press and teasing the dissension with Balor. I think they were aware that he wasn't going to be that well received as a face. Turns out he's good as a heel.

Someone probably pointed out he's from the part of Ireland that's not part of the UK and they realised they were basically pushing a guy from outside the territory as a babyface contender for a regional belt. Plus he looks similar enough to Balor but is so obviously much greener that there's an easy backlash.

They did the same thing with Dar, and to a lesser extent with Almas. Not to mention the ill-advised attempt to get Eva Marie over as a face. I think they see pretty people and assume natural babyface, regardless of their actual presence and then have to rethink it when reality ensues.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Neville vs Ohno is the hot rumour for a bonus match.

• Locked thread