Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
i can't remember the last time i've been angrier at somebody for their lovely blasé attitude towards people's lives getting hosed with

it's so loving easy to act like nothing matters but the fact is that somewhere within sa there's been shred of dignity and humanity that other places on the internet lack, and within just a few months that's all going to be plunged down the drat drain because trans and poc posters being harassed is getting met by a resounding shrug by the person(s) that helped enable all this poo poo in the first place

it is disgusting, vile, pathetic, cowardly, and shameful, and i wish i could actually do something productive about it rather than vent my frustrations in the place i normally want to have a good time in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh no now the whole world will know I like video games, anime, and communism.

In that order of course.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Furnaceface posted:

In that order of course.

You're not the one at risk or being targeted dumbass

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I Killed GBS posted:

You're not the one at risk or being targeted dumbass

Wait this isnt like a ha ha joke, someone is actually doing this?

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
hi new potential friends! I hope you look into my personality from my posts and you like what you find, so we can have a long and meaningful friendship!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i am literally a possum irl which is why my location is given as "vigorously copulating in your cellar"

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

it isn't like a haha joke, someone is actually doing this

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Oh well I still have no idea what's going on?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Furnaceface posted:

Facts are Useless said he got doxxed.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Furnaceface posted:

Has SA been compromised by the Russians? :ohdear:

Да, у нас есть всей базу

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Furnaceface posted:

yes you loving idiot

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Furnaceface posted:

They already doxxed FAU and a good number of trans posters

Our Illustrious Leader has openly expressed in QCS that he doesn't give a poo poo

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
We can meet up in my Friendship Cellar.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

I Killed GBS posted:

They already doxxed FAU and a good number of trans posters

Our Illustrious Leader has openly expressed in QCS that he doesn't give a poo poo

also there's the global announcement at the top of all the forums

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I think Lowtax has been doxxed to such a ridiculous extent and degree he's long since given up on trying to stop it

i mean someone called the CPS on him -- after that I'd have given up

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Did 2016 just remove all the barriers we had on sanity and reason or something? People seem especially vile lately, even here on SA.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Dreylad posted:

I think Lowtax has been doxxed to such a ridiculous extent and degree he's long since given up on trying to stop it

i mean someone called the CPS on him -- after that I'd have given up

yeah you're not going to get a response out of him anymore when it's happened like 20 times

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

a person's own problems does not give them the right and justification to be an uncaring rear end in a top hat, and neither does that mean any of this poo poo should be handwaved away as if nobody can bring themselves to express even the barest hint of wanting to change things for the better

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Can you read global posts on mobile?

Edit: I used chrome. Dumb announcement. Almost as dumb as doxxing people.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

Can you read global posts on mobile?

not on awful.app afaik but here

https://forums.somethingawful.com/announcement.php?forumid=1

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

In that order of course.

maybe you should care a little more about communism, and comedy

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

yes you loving idiot

Im honestly sorry. I dont actually read many threads, even in D&D, so Im always one of the last people to find out about things.

dadchat is typically pretty laid back which I appreciate at a time when real life is currently making GBS threads all over me. I assume lots of stuff here is posted in jest, so again Im sorry if I offended you or anyone else.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Furnaceface posted:

Did 2016 just remove all the barriers we had on sanity and reason or something? People seem especially vile lately, even here on SA.

yeah, just like electing obama ended racism, electing trump ended common decency

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Furnaceface posted:

yep, this is because of

*rolls oracle bones*

all the bones say is jim webb would've won

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Gin and Juche posted:

Да, у нас есть всей базу

Lol, is that how current they are on memes?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
dox sites have been bubbling up big ever since they got a shot in the arm from-

oh right, Forbidden Topic

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Majorian posted:

Lol, is that how current they are on memes?

НЕДМ

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

ComradeCosmobot posted:

yeah, just like electing obama ended racism, electing trump ended common decency

stone cold posted:

yep, this is because of

*rolls oracle bones*

all the bones say is jim webb would've won

I really hope that you didnt think my post meant that someone other than Trump winning would have changed this. Last year just seemed to be abnormally bad in regards to how people in general treat each other. Either that or its been there the whole time and I just havnt noticed it until it started to really flood into SA. Which doesnt say much about my social awareness. :(

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Shmorky got outed as a creep and Lowtax is now perpetually melting down as a result

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
And I mean like, a legit creep, not the already known stuff

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

if anybody here might at all be worried about getting doxxed for whatever reason i'm going to go ahead and link this b/c it's good information anyway and nobody should end up being harassed without knowing what to do about it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Furnaceface posted:

Over the past couple years people realized that horrible behavior on the internet either goes completely unpunished or is handsomely rewarded

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
It's mostly people that are really really angry about FREE SPEECH (they don't like being banned for saying N***r). Also, they called me ugly in a thread =(

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i mean it is that but a couple of years ago the combination of high-ish profile terfs, a certain obsessive weirdo gamer "movement", and people like chuck c johnson really kicked internet stalking into high gear, especially since it became obvious that there weren't any real consequences even if you did it under your own name, as long as you were already known for (or didn't care about being known for) being a hateful loser

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/820412703432994816

Explains why I couldn't like it earlier.

http://www.starwars.com/news/charting-the-galaxy-an-interview-with-star-wars-galactic-maps-illustrator-tim-mcdonagh

the paradigm shift fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 15, 2017

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

exmarx posted:

some people from a chris chan wiki spinoff are trying to doxx everyone on here for some reason

Wait, is it The Saurus?:psyduck:

(I'm not trying to be glib or falsely accuse him, I'm genuinely asking, since he did the whole Chris Chan poo poo)

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Majorian posted:

(I'm not trying to be glib or falsely accuse him, I'm genuinely asking, since he did the whole Chris Chan poo poo)

No, its KiwiFarms

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Majorian posted:

He's probably too busy posting about being unable to handle being a line cook and got fired and it's Mexico's fault to bother

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/yehoak/status/820000446735650816

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yeah, just found it.

What a bunch of losers.

e: It's amazing to me that anybody...you know. Cares that much about someone they've never met IRL, that they want to ruin their lives. Particularly when their "crime" is being trans or whatever.:psyduck:

Majorian fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 15, 2017

• Locked thread