Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Pretend you're getting a grown up job and someone is going to find all the retarded things you've put on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Phone posting, but there's a rumor floating around right now that Estonia or some other Eastern European country has proof of one of Trump's (Cohen) meeting with a representative from the Duma last summer.

Oh and there's also this, http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/314374-trumps-first-foreign-trip-as-president-will-be-to-meet-putin

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Arc Light posted:

Amazing. He's the one who deserved a film acting career after Star Wars, but I guess lingering in voice acting was worth it if it brought us this.

He's said that he's actually preferred voice acting, so I wouldn't call it "lingering". He's got Luke Skywalker and the Joker, so he'll have fame for a long time.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Where were you when you learned that Luke Skywalker is the Joker...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Specifically they're riled up over it and are threatening "doxxing war" with something awful over e-honor or something. They're currently targeting mods and minority posters but it's safe to assume that if you've posted something personal on the forums in the past it has probably been scraped and archived for later perusal. I memory holed the old get help thread when stuff started heating up but I can't guarantee that wasn't scraped before I did so. I don't think any of you all rank very high on a hit list, like I said they seem more interested in mods or minority posters. Now might be a good time to see what you can find out about yourself through simple google/social media searches and tighten them up.

If and when I know more, I can keep you all updated.

Minority posters?

Is time to start claiming we are all black-jew-lesbian-trans-otherkins?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Specifically they're riled up over it and are threatening "doxxing war" with something awful over e-honor or something. They're currently targeting mods and minority posters but it's safe to assume that if you've posted something personal on the forums in the past it has probably been scraped and archived for later perusal. I memory holed the old get help thread when stuff started heating up but I can't guarantee that wasn't scraped before I did so. I don't think any of you all rank very high on a hit list, like I said they seem more interested in mods or minority posters. Now might be a good time to see what you can find out about yourself through simple google/social media searches and tighten them up.

So my gang-stalking hallucination WAS real!

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I hope they don't find out I'm Donald J Trump IRL, and especially not that I lika da pee pee all over my face.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/820440634486063104/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Itshappening.gif

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Do you think Putin will pee on him?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Phone posting, but there's a rumor floating around right now that Estonia or some other Eastern European country has proof of one of Trump's (Cohen) meeting with a representative from the Duma last summer.

Oh and there's also this, http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/314374-trumps-first-foreign-trip-as-president-will-be-to-meet-putin

Probably worth the hail Mary, since you're going to get invaded by Russia either way.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Circus is shutting down for good in May.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

holocaust bloopers posted:

Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Circus is shutting down for good in May.

And American Apparel...

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

LingcodKilla posted:

And American Apparel...

Wait American Apparel is going under?

2017 already an improvement on 2016

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Well no they're closing all retail stores.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/esquire/status/820471915810787332

Trump considering banning press corp from White House.

I hate this loving disaster.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Casimir Radon posted:

https://twitter.com/esquire/status/820471915810787332

Trump considering banning press corp from White House.

I hate this loving disaster.

quote:

Spicer cast the possible relocation of the press corps as a matter, in part, of logistics. "There's been so much interest in covering a President Donald Trump," he said. "A question is: Is a room that has forty-nine seats adequate? When we had that press conference the other day, we had thousands of requests, and we capped it at four hundred. Is there an opportunity to potentially allow more members of the media to be part of this? That's something we're discussing."

You got to admit that this is a brilliant approach to spin getting rid of the media. My marketing heart applauds.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Too many people want to be there so we have to kick them out!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

ded posted:

Too many people want to be there so we have to kick them out!

"The White House conference room isn't big enough for all the media representatives to fit in, so we're moving it to the much biglier White House Conference Center near Lafayette Square. You see, Trump wants to give the smaller outlets an opportunity to get first hand coverage. We're moving the representation away from just elitist coverage, to a more down-to-earth profile that represents the average American. Trump loves the media."

:downs:

Of course, you can always count on the Trump team to stray off-message so loving hard and say what they're actually thinking:

quote:

"They are the opposition party," a senior official says. "I want 'em out of the building. We are taking back the press room."

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Sad!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You got to admit that this is a brilliant approach to spin getting rid of the media. My marketing heart applauds.

Haven't the White House press facilities been over capacity for a while now though? I remember there was a sub plot in the West Wing about moving the press room next door or something.

But of course this is Trump we're talking about so I shouldn't assume the best. The optics are terrible either way.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

freedom of the press is pretty much one of the key features of a democracy

gj trump

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Two Finger posted:

gj trump

Keep this back talk up and we're going to have the enterprise sling shot nuclear waste into Christchurch for fun.

As an American aside question; how did you guys pick a name like Christ Church for a major city? Just seems like a place named Abraham Synagogue in Israel or Brooklyn.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Keep this back talk up and we're going to have the enterprise sling shot nuclear waste into Christchurch for fun.

As an American aside question; how did you guys pick a name like Christ Church for a major city? Just seems like a place named Abraham Synagogue in Israel or Brooklyn.

What about Los Angeles and Corpus Christi 'eh?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Nz uses a lot of place names from the UK anyway. Hamilton, Dunedin, Wellington, Napier, Hastings etc.

It was a Christian country to begin with as many colonies are

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Think about how many cities and towns are named "Saint Whoever".

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The media ban thing is bad, don't get me wrong, but during the W era, they were renovating the press room for a year and held all of the briefings in that conference center thing that they're supposedly exiling the press to. At least W's team came up with a plausible reason.

Meanwhile, SNL's cold open was the Trump press conference. Predictably, it was all about Peepot Dome.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/snl-cold-open-skewers-trumps-press-conference-and-his-big-russian-pee-pee-party/

Get hosed, Donnie. You'll always be known for piss now.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He's freaked out about the rather mild poo poo they've made fun of him for before. His meltdown on this one should be good.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Snow Crash is so different from Stephenson's other works I swear that it's ghostwritten by someone else.
Cryptonomicon has one good scene (family inheritance disputes settled by cartesian coordinates) in a sea of stupidity.

Reamde is very bad airport fiction, with highlights/lowlights of castration via a broken Love Actually DVD and man-eating deus ex cougars who love the sound of gunfire.
The main characters are directly responsible for 98.23888888% of the deaths in the book.

Slightly on topic, running across Biden mentions in old Hunter S Thompson articles is always funny in comparison to how Biden is presented now.
2016 meme Biden versus Biden of the 1980s-1990s.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Two Finger posted:

gj trump

quote:

“Obama has laid all the groundwork Trump needs for an unprecedented crackdown on the press,” said Trevor Timm, executive director of the nonprofit Freedom of the Press Foundation.

Dana Priest, a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter for The Washington Post, added: “Obama’s attorney general repeatedly allowed the F.B.I. to use intrusive measures against reporters more often than any time in recent memory. The moral obstacles have been cleared for Trump’s attorney general to go even further, to forget that it’s a free press that has distinguished us from other countries, and to try to silence dissent by silencing an institution whose job is to give voice to dissent.”

someone tell Dana Priest that Trump doesn't have moral obstacles

If Donald Trump Targets Journalists, Thank Obama

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

thanks obama

that's really intellectually dishonest, trump gonna trump regardless of what obama's set up

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

loving lmbo

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Godholio posted:

Cool, so it's 2003 again?

I'm looking forward to the fall out 3 release.
E: also looking forward to better than 6323/163 kbps ADSL.

Oh wait...

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jan 15, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Peepot Dome is just fantastic.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

facialimpediment posted:

The media ban thing is bad, don't get me wrong, but during the W era, they were renovating the press room for a year and held all of the briefings in that conference center thing that they're supposedly exiling the press to. At least W's team came up with a plausible reason.

Meanwhile, SNL's cold open was the Trump press conference. Predictably, it was all about Peepot Dome.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/snl-cold-open-skewers-trumps-press-conference-and-his-big-russian-pee-pee-party/

Get hosed, Donnie. You'll always be known for piss now.

This SNL skit is absolutely freaking hilarious. There are so many legit one-liners in this one. I can't believe I'm saying it but I'd be stoked for this presidency just to see more of this epic Alec Baldwin trolling.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Trump is gonna put someone in charge of the FCC and have them fine SNL into bankruptcy every time his name is mentioned or likeness is used.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

This SNL skit is absolutely freaking hilarious. There are so many legit one-liners in this one. I can't believe I'm saying it but I'd be stoked for this presidency just to see more of this epic Alec Baldwin trolling.

I had a sort of out-of-body experience at the "20 million people will lose their healthcare, people might die" - "Sweetheart, I'm about to be president, we're all gonna die" exchange

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/hdevreij/status/820579325900685312

lmao

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Jesus Christ we're crap. Rule Brittania :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012