Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Al-Saqr posted:

hey guys remember that powerful moment in the super hype Japanese trailer for Zelda where Zelda was crying into links arms and then the trailer turns super hype and it was powerful and emotional performance?

All of that performance is loving gone in the English dub. there's zero delivery of emotional impact in the English voice actress who did Zelda, holy poo poo I hope there's a Japanese voice version with English subtitles because fuuuuuuck poor localization and performance.

I just hope Zelda had a southern accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I just hope Zelda had a southern accent.

Oh my god. It'd be perfect.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

slave to my cravings posted:

Switch sounds dumb. And after getting Wii U at launch (lol) this will be the first Nintendo console I won't buy.

Thanks for sharing!

This is the first console that I wont have to camp out for. Exciting I know!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Voice acting seems restricted to cut scenes, but yeah the Japanese version of the trailer killed it.

Decrepit old woman sounds like a decrepit old woman, instead of an old woman just blandly reading lines
Deku Tree King has weight behind him, and sounds extremely old and wise, instead of a bad Peter Cullen ripoff by some mid-40s dude
Zelda has actual emotions in her voice. Holy gently caress the English delivery is bad

Def want Jap audio and Eng subtitles as an option.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I don't give a gently caress about "online features".

Just give me a friends list, the ability to hope into a friend's server to whatever game they are playing, pop-up notification messages from other players, and make it free.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I like the English Zelda better, she performs the crying as more of a dignified breakdown than a moe wail.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Any word on Japanese voice in other versions? I'm sure ill get used to voice acting. But I'm a stubborn old man.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

punk rebel ecks posted:

I don't give a gently caress about "online features".

Just give me a friends list, the ability to hope into a friend's server to whatever game they are playing, pop-up notification messages from other players, and make it free.

unfortunately, for nintendo, these are all "online features"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yo I wish these Zelda people didn't talk still.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

I'm sure ill get used to voice acting. But I'm a stubborn old man.

:yeah:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Nah

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

While the voice acting is great I will stand firm IMO that some games, even story based ones, are SUPERIOR without voice acting.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I like the English Zelda better, she performs the cry0ing as more of a dignified breakdown than a moe wail.

Where's the English trailer?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm now imagining a stylized text box popping up with "WAAAAAAAAAH" on it when she starts crying.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

punk rebel ecks posted:

the ability to hope into a friend's server

Yep. Sounds about right.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
the best zelda voice acting i've heard so far is the latino spanish one. Seriously the tree and zelda sound so great in this one

https://youtu.be/xrK7eT1TRiE

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

punk rebel ecks posted:

While the voice acting is great I will stand firm IMO that some games, even story based ones, are SUPERIOR without voice acting.

Where's the English trailer?

https://youtu.be/r6gQn18aemE

I think it sounds pretty good. Don't know if link is silent too.

He has to say all the things to owls from yes, no, again..., Thrilho

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jan 15, 2017

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufp4Dr7rNPU
MUSIC TIME YAAAAY

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Does Link talk? Pretty sure he was silent throughout that trailer, could be wrong tho.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Proclick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM_FnlMCkdE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vNx0u5c4n4

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Agreed

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Soul Glo posted:

Does Link talk? Pretty sure he was silent throughout that trailer, could be wrong tho.

He's voiced by Idris Elba in the English and French dubs, I have no idea why DeVito did the Japanese dub, but there you have it.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I like the English Zelda better, she performs the crying as more of a dignified breakdown than a moe wail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qByKEu0zdco

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm now imagining a stylized text box popping up with "WAAAAAAAAAH" on it when she starts crying.
Who Censored Roger Rabbit, with Link as the only human in a word of toons.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So apparently Rocket League is in the works for the Switch

:five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five::five:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Totally radd

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh my jizz.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

https://youtu.be/r6gQn18aemE

I think it sounds pretty good. Don't know if link is silent too.

He has to say all the things to owls from yes, no, again..., Thrilho

What the gently caress is this!?!? This is horrible! The Japanese version annihilates this!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

I can get down with that. But I feel sorry for you for getting rid of your Wii U.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

I can get down with that. But I feel sorry for you for getting rid of your Wii U.

It had been collecting dust for a while, and I'd beaten the games I gave a gently caress about :shrug:

$140AUD Switch ain't nothing to sneeze at

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Infinitum posted:

It had been collecting dust for a while, and I'd beaten the games I gave a gently caress about :shrug:

$140AUD Switch ain't nothing to sneeze at

I get it. Just sucks. I regret giving up my NES/SNES. That's part of the reason I keep all my other consoles now. You never know when you'll have a hankering. Also, I think the Wii U is going to climb in value over time as people realize just how many great games were on it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

The last good Wii U game was......the Wii version of Rodea: The Sky Soldier.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Al-Saqr posted:

hey guys remember that powerful moment in the super hype Japanese trailer for Zelda where Zelda was crying into links arms and then the trailer turns super hype and it was powerful and emotional performance?

All of that performance is loving gone in the English dub. there's zero delivery of emotional impact in the English voice actress who did Zelda, holy poo poo I hope there's a Japanese voice version with English subtitles because fuuuuuuck poor localization and performance.

Hahaha

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

poo poo, those Splatoon songs had actual lyrics? I wanna know what the pretty lady is singing. Nah, I probably don't. These are confirmed proclicks.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Al-Saqr posted:

It's region free.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Stan Taylor posted:

It's region free.

Unfortunately region-free doesn't mean that all language options will be available.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zelda should not cry and mario should not be in the real world. nintendo has lost it

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Agh. Switch online stuff better be cheap as poo poo because I need this.

Re: Japanese Zelda: While the male voices are pretty good, I hate female voices in Japanese versions of things. Just have a normal voice. Why does every female character have to be nothing by high pitched wailing?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I just cancelled my pre-order. The back breaker was just realizing how tiny it is, I've had problems with the small size of many controllers - Vita, dualshocks, etc. and this one looks like the smallest yet. All the other usual complaints were a factor too, like charging for online kills my desire to get Mario Kart, and that is maybe the only Nintendo game I really miss playing.

I hope it does well for those who get it, and for the health of the industry in general, but it's just not for me.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Ok I feel like this is a white elephant in the room so I'll bring it up.

The D-Pad.

Are you loving kidding me!?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Dualshock 4 is too small for you? Christ, I'm sorry.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

Ok I feel like this is a white elephant in the room so I'll bring it up.

The D-Pad.

Are you loving kidding me!?

it's not a dpad, it's a plus button. like start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

punk rebel ecks posted:

What the gently caress is this!?!? This is horrible! The Japanese version annihilates this!

Zelda would be so much better with a french-english accent, like the radio voice chick from Killing Floor 2.

• Locked thread