Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So the protagonist is just involved in all this 'because'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
this dude's a creep

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Banagher sucks

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just like robots fighting each other.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Justin_Brett posted:

No the lady convinced him war is bad off screen.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Waffleman_ posted:

A Newtype is basically an evolved human and they're almost like psychics.

if 40k and Starcraft have taught me anything, it's that human psionics in space are extremely bad things

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Justin_Brett posted:

When Newtypes get a tingly feeling in their brain from someone they'll basically murder whole planets for that person if they wanted them to

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Justin_Brett posted:

One of these days I'm going to get drunk and just write a terrible webcomic where the protag is just a merc playing all sides of a generic super robot war. Maybe name him Cannibal or something because his bot constantly gets destroyed in every fight and has to cannibalize other parts to be this ugly loving monster of metal just like him.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tarodia posted:

When Newtypes get a tingly feeling in their brain from someone they'll basically murder whole planets for that person if they wanted them to

I get a tingly feeling that this is not hyperbole or a theoretical scenario in the least.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

CharlestheHammer posted:

No the lady convinced him war is bad off screen.

Banagher: They way you describe the war, is nothing like how my professor does!
Minerva: My grandpa murdered a half-crazy philosopher, handed power over to my Literally Hitler uncle, my dad died piloting the Oh Hey Big Zam, and then our best pilot went absolutely batshit and tried to plow a meteor into Earth to settle his mancrush. That's the war.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I get a tingly feeling that this is not hyperbole or a theoretical scenario in the least.

Attraction between newtypes has led to some of the most hilariously bad decisions of the gundam franchise

Like, lots of death and stuff

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

what the gently caress is this Box even that it's that goddamn important

nuclear launch codes? a G.E.C.K.? the technical readouts of a superweapon capable of destroying entire planets?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They are introducing a lot of characters right now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oh hey Kshatriya.

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

Dangerous Person posted:

Attraction between newtypes has led to some of the most hilariously bad decisions of the gundam franchise

Like, lots of death and stuff

It's my favorite part of Gundam tbh

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Argus Zant posted:

nuclear launch codes? a G.E.C.K.? the technical readouts of a superweapon capable of destroying entire planets?

It's really dull and mundane.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What is happening

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Argus Zant posted:

Alright so imagine National Treasure except instead of a map on the back of the Declaration, it's the first draft of the Constitution with a secret paragraph that got taken off the final

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
At this point Zeke Zeon should be like saying the south shall rise again - or I guess make Space for Spacenoids again.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Presented: Typical zeon pilot

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

It's really dull and mundane.

Head on over to the Gundam Thread if you want the mind blowing reveal.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Well at least he killed one of them.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RentACop posted:

Presented: Typical zeon pilot

How did they lose the war???!!!!

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

what is going on here?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Didn't we already have this synopsis

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what in gods name is happening in this anime

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

At this point, I'm pretty certain that Zeon Deikun had no loving idea what he was saying.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

why the gently caress are you dumping exposition that requires concise attention during action scenes that absorb the viewer's attention

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Why do people keep trying to use Zeon in this universe? How many times do these Zeon groups have to fail before they just go to another goddamn brand already?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The lock for the macguffin box sounds insanely stupid

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Funky Valentine posted:

At this point, I'm pretty certain that Zeon Deikun had no loving idea what he was saying.

He really didn't, so obviously he has an entire cult of personality based on him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I uh what?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welp

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Expect the pacing to feel this hosed for the entire show

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CharlestheHammer posted:

How did they lose the war???!!!!

They had vastly inferior numbers, and they wasted a lot of resources on one shot prototypes.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MonsterEnvy posted:

They had vastly inferior numbers, and they wasted a lot of resources on one shot prototypes.

Also their leadership was hosed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

A bit on the nose there

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

That said, I really like the mech shootings and the scenes inside the colony are very pretty

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
You know when Gundam was good? When it was about a kid just trying to do missions in war or when all the nations in the world build robots to fight each other every year in a gundam fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So is the Earth Federation attacking the colony to stop the tradeoff and capture/kill the red-hair girl?

• Locked thread