Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Ben Nevis posted:

Call me crazy, but I'm glad I swiped him out from under you in that Dynasty league.

I actually had the pick right before you and took Bruce loving Ellison instead of Gillislee. :negative:

You did swipe Crowder the following round, though. Man, you had a good draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

I actually had the pick right before you and took Bruce loving Ellison instead of Gillislee. :negative:

You did swipe Crowder the following round, though. Man, you had a good draft.

I'm legitimately proud of Crowder. I'd tagged him as a pickup and grabbed him in dynasty and a deep keeper league where he went back into the pool.

I had high points. I also drafted CMike and took a defense over Michael Thomas.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

I also drafted CMike and took a defense over Michael Thomas.

:wth: Maybe with super shallow benches where you can't stash rookies easily, but even then Thomas was like at worst the 7th or 8th rookie off the board in drafts last year in most leagues. drat.

What defense was it haha

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

:wth: Maybe with super shallow benches where you can't stash rookies easily, but even then Thomas was like at worst the 7th or 8th rookie off the board in drafts last year in most leagues. drat.

What defense was it haha

There's like 80 dudes thrown back each year, so it's a big mess of dudes being drafted at once, rather than just a straight up rookie draft. As I recall the guy I had queued got grabbed and I just sorta went "OK, defense then". As for which, let's just say I finished the year starting Oakland the last several games.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Rawls playin' with my heart tonight.

Goddamn dude can you just be either good or bad already. This indeterminacy is the pits.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I'm very happy i took a shot on him in my playoff league :buddy:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

the_american_dream posted:

I'm very happy i took a shot on him in my playoff league :buddy:

I got him in one of mine. Feeling pretty good about my weakest running back. :D

So in my dynasty league, 1PPR, $300 salary cap, I got offered Will Fuller ($30 ) and Jonathan Stewart ($5) for Jordan Matthews ($4).

I actually like Fuller and I can throw him on my taxi squad to take no cap hit if I want. Jonathan Stewart I am meh about.

I also hate Jordan Matthews with the fire of a thousand suns. Am I letting my hatred cloud my judgement? I don't want him on my roster next year. But I also want maximum value. Thoughts?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Sataere posted:

I got him in one of mine. Feeling pretty good about my weakest running back. :D

So in my dynasty league, 1PPR, $300 salary cap, I got offered Will Fuller ($30 ) and Jonathan Stewart ($5) for Jordan Matthews ($4).

I actually like Fuller and I can throw him on my taxi squad to take no cap hit if I want. Jonathan Stewart I am meh about.

I also hate Jordan Matthews with the fire of a thousand suns. Am I letting my hatred cloud my judgement? I don't want him on my roster next year. But I also want maximum value. Thoughts?

Come on guys! Some of us have dynasty leagues!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

Come on guys! Some of us have dynasty leagues!

I'd rather have Fuller and JStew, but it depends on how well you can swing the salary, I think. I reckon until Houston resolves their QB situation somehow, Fuller's ceiling is basically Matthew's floor, but if they can get someone decent, he can probably outstrip Matthews. JStew is solid but not exceptional, however he's 29. His relatively low usage should have him usable for a year or two though.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ben Nevis posted:

I'd rather have Fuller and JStew, but it depends on how well you can swing the salary, I think. I reckon until Houston resolves their QB situation somehow, Fuller's ceiling is basically Matthew's floor, but if they can get someone decent, he can probably outstrip Matthews. JStew is solid but not exceptional, however he's 29. His relatively low usage should have him usable for a year or two though.

Salary isn't an issue. I have my roster set up so that most of my contracts are under $10. I don't even want Stewart, but I will take him to trade later.

I just want to make sure that I'm not selling Matthews too low in 1PPR.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well, I'd probably take that deal. But, it's a tough time to be doing trades in a Dynasty league. Soooo much can change in the offseason, so you have to add in that risk. Any or all of those three players' situations could radically change before the next season starts.

That said, I was also irritated with Matthews' inconsistency this year. I think Fuller has a long and successful career ahead of him, barring major injury, and JStew is a serviceable back I wouldn't mind having on my team if I didn't already have three good backs or something. Given Fuller's still only 10% of your cap space and you've said you can afford both guys, I'd pull the trigger.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

Well, I'd probably take that deal. But, it's a tough time to be doing trades in a Dynasty league. Soooo much can change in the offseason, so you have to add in that risk. Any or all of those three players' situations could radically change before the next season starts.

That said, I was also irritated with Matthews' inconsistency this year. I think Fuller has a long and successful career ahead of him, barring major injury, and JStew is a serviceable back I wouldn't mind having on my team if I didn't already have three good backs or something. Given Fuller's still only 10% of your cap space and you've said you can afford both guys, I'd pull the trigger.

Yeah, I like Fuller a lot, even though he ends up my most expensive receiver. The way I see it, Fuller's QB situation can't get any worse. I can't imagine JMatt doing anything that makes me trust him going forward. I just accepted his offer.

Does anyone think Deandre Washington is worth a drat next year?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Please give a round of applause for your LA Chargers

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/819376593734946816

Not only will LA sport two football teams two years after having zero, both are related to goats.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 12, 2017

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/819398216584228864

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is anyone else doing that Yahoo Champions of Champions thing? Any thoughts on lineups? I'm probably screwed since I had Jordy last week but I still want to try to finish strong.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm doing the playoff challenge on NFL, went all in packer/pats. Jordy is out this week, how likely is it that he'll be back next week (assuming a Pack win obviously)? Should I swap him out for cobb and eat the loss of the multiplier?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

He broke at least two ribs, man. Like, I get there's talk he could play, but he shouldn't, and if he does play I doubt he'll be near as effective as normal.

I would swap him out for anyone healthy, esp. cobb (or take a wild gamble on Geronimo Allison???) or someone.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
hahah packers are going to loving lose anyway so it's not like it matters

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

BonoMan posted:

hahah packers are going to loving lose anyway so it's not like it matters

This is the Strange But True answer.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Leperflesh posted:

He broke at least two ribs, man. Like, I get there's talk he could play, but he shouldn't, and if he does play I doubt he'll be near as effective as normal.

I would swap him out for anyone healthy, esp. cobb (or take a wild gamble on Geronimo Allison???) or someone.

Go with Allison, how can you discount that name?!

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I've had an interesting offer in dynasty I need help with:

My Rodgers, DT and Smallwood

For his Carr, Arob and Lockett

It's a 1qb 0.5 ppr league, where we start 3 WR and have 2 flex spots, and my team is:

Rodgers, tyrod, garoppolo
Lewis, Sims, Mckinnon, montgomery, Gillislee, Cmike, Smallwood
OBJ, Keenan Allen, DT, doctson, J Brown, Lafell, eli Rogers, Agholor
Ebron, Hooper

Is the step down from Rodgers to Carr worth the upgrade at WR? I think DT is going to put up dependable but unspectacular points for a few more seasons regardless of QB, I think it's likely that Smallwood is nothing particularly special, and that it's a good time to buy low on Arob and Lockett as they are both still young and talented but I just don't know how I feel about Carr which is the only reason I haven't jumped on the offer.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
JARED COOK

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

1st round TE or 1st pick 1st round TE?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

BonoMan posted:

1st round TE or 1st pick 1st round TE?

Paging Spoeank!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
1 game sample sizes are the most accurate predictors of future success.

1.01 baby

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Spoeank posted:

1.01 baby

F yeah... Trading for first round pick right now. Brady is pretty much done after this season right?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

1.01 baby

Not just a good sample size, but he'll be able to parlay this performance right into next season. Proximity!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Can you think of a single tight end who has played better more recently than that Cook game?!

I mean, me neither. First overall is a steal.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
In all seriousness, the "I draft my entire starting lineup then draft my bench" people are going to go apeshit over that game. That was the most-watched divisional game in 20 years.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

In all seriousness, the "I draft my entire starting lineup then draft my bench" people are going to go apeshit over that game. That was the most-watched divisional game in 20 years.

TE is a loving wasteland so I don't doubt that people are going to overvalue anybody who can fill in the "What have you done for me lately?" box.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'm telling you that Jared Cook is going to do something of significant value sometime in the next three weeks because it's literally the only thing left to break our collective psyche. If you just accept it now, it'll be that much easier to process later

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I've got both Greg Olson and Jared Cook. We have a keeper league and I'm going to be keeping Jordan Howard and ODBJ. I have Lamar Miller as well, I'm assuming keep Lamar over either Olson or Cook even though Miller is really injury prone or is it too early to be thinking about it.

Edit: Whoops

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 17, 2017

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

I've got both Greg Olson and Jared Cook. We have a keeper league and I'm going to be keeping Jordan Howard and ODBJ. I have Lamar Williams as well, I'm assuming keep Lamar over either Olson or Cook even though Miller is really injury prone or is it too early to be thinking about it.

I'm sorry, but this post is bad in basically every possible way

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

RVProfootballer posted:

Sorry

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RVProfootballer posted:

He's right though. When is the last time you saw Lamar Williams on the field.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sataere posted:

He's right though. When is the last time you saw Lamar Williams on the field.

Holy gently caress I'm so embarrassed right now

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

Lol nah it's fine, just ticked a lot of boxes: why do you think Williams Miller is injury prone, why did you use "ODBJ," why are you considering keeping Cook when the entire page was about him being awful and getting overdrafted by people not really paying attention but remembering he did something in the playoffs?

Anyway, way too early to worry about keepers, but yes you should keep Miller over Olsen or Cook. Short of Miller dying during the offseason, that probably won't change.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

SalTheBard posted:

Don't be. We're just having fun. Everyone does it. Lamar Miller is going to have sneaky good value next year. He was a thousand yard rusher / top ten running back, but he only had six TDs on the year. That number is really low for his production. He is basically the reverse Melvin Gordan.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Alright, looking for dynasty league advice! Standard scoring. Here's my roster:

QB: Tyrod Taylor
RB: Jay Ajayi
RB: Robert Kelley
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Dez Bryant
TE: Jimmy Graham
Flex: Isaiah Crowell
K: Gost
D: Broncos, though I have the Cards on roster still too thanks to having a completely full IR and no need to drop them yet.

Bench:

DeAndre Hopkins
Alshon Jeffery
Kelvin Benjamin
Jeremy Hill
Dion Lewis
Devin Funchess
TJ Yeldon

Taxi (have to decide to keep three of the following, leaning toward Henry, Prosise, Sharpe):

Derrick Henry
CJ Prosise
Leonte Caroo
Carson Wentz
Tajae Sharpe

IR:

Jamaal Charles
Eddie Lacy
Keenan Allen
Matt Forte

I'm debating trying to trade around for an upgrade to my RB, and also considering the same for QB, since I've heard that Tyrod has interest from Cleveland.

Thinking I'll try to trade for Lamar Miller, and two different teams have multiple top 10 quarterbacks I might try to target, one has Ryan and Brees, one has Dak and Stafford. Debating trying to trade for Dak specifically.

I've also got the #1 pick in the rookie draft this year, and will likely take Dalvin Cook.

Thoughts? Any other ideas for targets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Nur_Neerg posted:

Alright, looking for dynasty league advice! Standard scoring. Here's my roster:

QB: Tyrod Taylor
RB: Jay Ajayi
RB: Robert Kelley
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Dez Bryant
TE: Jimmy Graham
Flex: Isaiah Crowell
K: Gost
D: Broncos, though I have the Cards on roster still too thanks to having a completely full IR and no need to drop them yet.

Bench:

DeAndre Hopkins
Alshon Jeffery
Kelvin Benjamin
Jeremy Hill
Dion Lewis
Devin Funchess
TJ Yeldon

Taxi (have to decide to keep three of the following, leaning toward Henry, Prosise, Sharpe):

Derrick Henry
CJ Prosise
Leonte Caroo
Carson Wentz
Tajae Sharpe

IR:

Jamaal Charles
Eddie Lacy
Keenan Allen
Matt Forte

I'm debating trying to trade around for an upgrade to my RB, and also considering the same for QB, since I've heard that Tyrod has interest from Cleveland.

Thinking I'll try to trade for Lamar Miller, and two different teams have multiple top 10 quarterbacks I might try to target, one has Ryan and Brees, one has Dak and Stafford. Debating trying to trade for Dak specifically.

I've also got the #1 pick in the rookie draft this year, and will likely take Dalvin Cook.

Thoughts? Any other ideas for targets?

A few thoughts. Big thing though is that it is way too early on some of these thoughts.

1) You only have Tyrod at QB, you should not be cutting Wentz, even if you do trade for a QB.

2) I assume your rookie draft isn't until after the draft, but if you have the top pick and aren't interested in Fournette, trade down for more picks.

I also have the top pick in my rookie draft and Fournette seems to be the consensus one at the moment. I look forward to him saving me from my trash running backs.

• Locked thread