Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
『 Scream Aim Fire』allows the user to shoot guns out of bullets. For instance, if he points a .45 ACP round at his target, he can send M1911 pistols flying at several hundred feet per second towards whoever he wants dead.

I brainstormed this one with some guys on /vg/ a few years back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm reading another manga by araki that I just found out about. It's called Lives of Eccentric People. It's about real life strange people and the highlights of their lives.

Right now I'm reading about Typhoid Mary.

This is just Shigechi in drag, Araki.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

FirstAidKite posted:

This is just Shigechi in drag, Araki.

That's just Killer Queen in clothing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://yonkouprod.com/reader/read/jojolion/en/0/61/page/1

jjl spoils

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
Other stuff happened but... my gal Yasuho is finally back yessssss I hope this is a Gappy/Yasuho tag-team fight.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyIJ2vMIuDg

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

[Wasted Words] allows me to switch the letters t and e on pieces of paper

this is a monumentally stupid and useless ability, and ensures that I will somehow be the deadliest foe the joestars have ever faced

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Yinlock posted:

[Wasted Words] allows me to switch the letters e and t on pieces of paper

this is a monumentally stupid and useless ability, and ensures that I will somehow be the deadliese fot eht jotsears have ever faced

who said they had to be on the same piece of paper??? <smothers jojo in discarded newspapers>

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 18, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well that's one mystery solved. Still no idea who the gently caress shot Johnny Joestar though.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tarezax posted:

who said they had to be on the same piece of paper??? <smothers jojo in discarded newspapers>

"OH NO! My tax returns were filed as "Jotstph Jotsear!""

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Amaryllis posted:

Other stuff happened but... my gal Yasuho is finally back yessssss I hope this is a Gappy/Yasuho tag-team fight.

Gappy specifically asks Yasuho to use Paisley Park's ability to do something, so at the very least she's going to help him from the sidelines.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's out

the kira doom mod, that is

https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=54918

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOUX_yAQB7o

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Quick summary:

Chapter Title: Blue Hawaii, Part 1
Jobin thanks Dolomite, telling him that he is making the right choice. He says that the lake at Mutsukabe shrine is a paradise inhabited by fish and frogs, but it will never become Dolomite's Blue Lagoon. According to Jobin, all humans, even those born into wealth such as himself, must attain happiness by overcoming obstacles. The position he was born into is his "zero", and he can only become happy by rising beyond that point. He is trying to stop Josuke from rising.
-Jobin knows that Josuke is on his way to meet someone who can find the grafted tree, under Norisuke's instruction. His primary goal is not to prevent Josuke from meeting the mystery man, but instead to reach him before Josuke can.
-The information Jobin needs is on Josuke's cellphone, and in order to obtain it, Jobin needs assistance from Dolomite's stand, Blue Hawaii. Jobin tells Dolomite that the "new Rokakaka" will take him to his Blue Lagoon.
-The Baseball Boy is now disoriented, but conscious. Instead, the lady in the car is now chasing Josuke. It seems that Blue Hawaii affects one person at a time, and the effect transfers by physical contact. Josuke is careful to avoid getting touched as he escapes from the lady.
-Josuke correctly determines that the enemy has some connection to the Higashikata family, and calling Norisuke now would be dangerous. Instead, he calls Yasuho. Apparently it's been a while since they last spoke. He quickly explains the situation to Yasuho. Josuke put the tooth from the envelope inside a bubble, and now he needs Yasuho to look at the tooth, and then use Paisley Park to search through medical records (x-rays, dental work, etc.) to find the enemy.
-As Yasuho heads out the door, her mom asks where she's going. "Not telling you," replies Yasuho.
-Josuke encounters several people who are behaving strangely, but these turn out to be false alarms.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I want to know more about Yasuho's apparently lovely home life.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Daxing Dan posted:

Quick summary:

Chapter Title: Blue Hawaii, Part 1
Jobin thanks Dolomite, telling him that he is making the right choice. He says that the lake at Mutsukabe shrine is a paradise inhabited by fish and frogs, but it will never become Dolomite's Blue Lagoon. According to Jobin, all humans, even those born into wealth such as himself, must attain happiness by overcoming obstacles. The position he was born into is his "zero", and he can only become happy by rising beyond that point. He is trying to stop Josuke from rising.
-Jobin knows that Josuke is on his way to meet someone who can find the grafted tree, under Norisuke's instruction. His primary goal is not to prevent Josuke from meeting the mystery man, but instead to reach him before Josuke can.
-The information Jobin needs is on Josuke's cellphone, and in order to obtain it, Jobin needs assistance from Dolomite's stand, Blue Hawaii. Jobin tells Dolomite that the "new Rokakaka" will take him to his Blue Lagoon.
-The Baseball Boy is now disoriented, but conscious. Instead, the lady in the car is now chasing Josuke. It seems that Blue Hawaii affects one person at a time, and the effect transfers by physical contact. Josuke is careful to avoid getting touched as he escapes from the lady.
-Josuke correctly determines that the enemy has some connection to the Higashikata family, and calling Norisuke now would be dangerous. Instead, he calls Yasuho. Apparently it's been a while since they last spoke. He quickly explains the situation to Yasuho. Josuke put the tooth from the envelope inside a bubble, and now he needs Yasuho to look at the tooth, and then use Paisley Park to search through medical records (x-rays, dental work, etc.) to find the enemy.
-As Yasuho heads out the door, her mom asks where she's going. "Not telling you," replies Yasuho.
-Josuke encounters several people who are behaving strangely, but these turn out to be false alarms.

Thanks for summary

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Poor Yasuho. She only gets to meet Josuke in life-threatening situations.

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm reading another manga by araki that I just found out about. It's called Lives of Eccentric People. It's about real life strange people and the highlights of their lives.

The Tesla chapter is obviously really dramatized but it's still super cool.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Hate to be the one to say it but gappy needs to get his rear end in gear with yasuho, he straight up ditched her after Damo hahaha

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://bato.to/reader#4656ddf4b1eee815_1

chill with the shovel josuke plz

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 18, 2017

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Oh yeah, sorry for not linking! I was going to but got distracted by my grumpiness. It's a great chapter.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

also i guess we can add extremely long range and all but indefinite length for S&W's bubbles to the list of OP stuff Josuke has.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
That was a really really good chapter. The action in it ruled, with Gappy's sick vault and shovel-fighting

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm sure there's a twist coming but for the most part this doesn't seem like it's an exceptionally great plan for getting josuke himself? It's really interesting to see how much of a coward jobin is. That big speech about how he has to become great on his own but he's still gotta have dolomiti do his dirty work because he doesn't want to shake down his own dad for information or deal with josuke himself. But he very clearly doesn't give that much of a poo poo if dad's in danger through someone else, like Damo.

Either he grows a spine now or he gets roasted whenever kaato's big plan starts gearing up, cuz you know she has one

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Jobin has always been someone to avoid direct confrontation, even ignoring his childish interest in raising beetles and silly bets wanting to be on summer vacation, and having sick whips for the heir of a fruit empire. Even during the beetle fight, he allows Speed King to appear for only a minute to let him put the screws to Josuke and even then he gaslights Josuke acting as if he did nothing and Josuke should just wipe his drat nose already.

Jobin seems to have his own plan going on with the Rokakaka, but now suddenly this fused man weirdo is in his house and about to blow the lid off his rock man mafia hijinks, so he feels he needs to knock Josuke down before he rises above his station. It's like how Joshu feels Josuke is suddenly stealing his life and wants to knock him down a peg but Jobin actually has the means to at least try to do that

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 18, 2017

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

can someone tell the translator to stop translating names wrong and putting random apostrophes around poo poo, jesus christ

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
What's wrong with using 'apostrophes' for 'emphasis' instead of making the text 'bold' like a 'normal person'

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think most of the issue i have is that it seems entirely arbitrary which words have emphasis

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Meat Beat Agent posted:

What's wrong with using 'apostrophes' for 'emphasis' instead of making the text 'bold' like a 'normal person'

It's wrong because he should be using 「japanese quotes」 like the 「SBR」 translators.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

i think most of the issue i have is that it seems entirely arbitrary which words have emphasis

The words that are emphasised are emphasised in the japanese script with

Begemot posted:

「japanese quotes」

and bolded so if it seems entirely arbitrary, it's arbitrary on Araki's part. You all know I like to bag on the translation but this specific thing isn't them.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

araki: i have 'to go' to 'the' 'bathroom'

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
western comics also arbitrarily bold words like all the time.

it's like colored important words in video games but less helpful

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Well, I mean it's fine if they're bolded and poo poo, the thing is just that the quotes look awkward in English. You can easily get the point across just by bolding it, you don't have to put in quotes.

Unless they're still the corner brackets, which is the ideal. Things being the work of an enemy 「Stand」 is very important.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it absolutely doesn't help that the translations are like if an alien learned english with the intent to translate manga

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Johnny Joestar posted:

it absolutely doesn't help that the translations are like if an alien learned english with the intent to translate manga

It's not quite Duwang or Vento Aureo's bad translation but it's definitely not a good one

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Thanks 「Google」

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's not quite Duwang or Vento Aureo's bad translation but it's definitely not a good one

It's genuinely just like 「Duwang on Steroids」. It's not like Vento's.

Duwang was an accurate translation hidden by atrocious English.
JJL's is an accurate translation sullied by accurate, yet turgid English.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Seems like Dolemite's stand is the 21 Days Later kind of zombie. Cool!

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

It also seems like it might be tracking Gappy...through the blood? When he jumped up to the scaffolding, the lady couldn't find him until some of her blood splattered on his shoes.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dolomite's powerful stand, 「ハイウェイ・スター 」

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Well, I mean it's fine if they're bolded and poo poo, the thing is just that the quotes look awkward in English. You can easily get the point across just by bolding it, you don't have to put in quotes.

It's basically the scanlation equivalent of this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Hey, it's lower-speed Highway Star. Including Josuke calling Hirose for help! :v: