Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Had a Keurig for a year, recently switched back to the traditional pot of coffee and wish I would have never bought a Keurig in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
A Keurig is a nice thing to have when you want to make like a cup of coffee quickly.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

Well they are working with AB-InBev...

So it's basically going to be a fizzy water dispenser then. Pretty sure Sodastream already has that market cornered.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

A Keurig is a nice thing to have when you want to make like a cup of coffee quickly.

yeah my wife loves hers, she does one cup a day at home and itd be a waste to make a full pot. i don't do coffee, so :shrug:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

The Keurig has a place I suppose. My work supplies us with the top of the line heavy duty one, and all the K cups we can get our hands on. At home I would go through 2 or 3 a morning and realized pretty quick how stupid that is.

The coffee pot I have is small, makes like 5 cups and doesn't need filters. I just pre program that poo poo for 3 A.M and by 3:20 when I'm off to work I just throw the coffee in my thermos and take off.

Bit more hassle with cleaning but it's nice to not spend 4x the amount for the same amount of coffee.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah my wife loves hers, she does one cup a day at home and itd be a waste to make a full pot. i don't do coffee, so :shrug:

I have one at my office it's great for offering a cup to client. I got a coffee maker at home that lets me brew a traditional drip or a k-cup. Nine times out of ten I'll use the drip function just because it's programmable and I can just pour a travel mug on my way out the door in the morning.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nuclear Tourist posted:

So it's basically going to be a fizzy water dispenser then.

It's exactly what Budweiser already sells :shrug:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nuclear Tourist posted:

That Keurig coffee tastes like warm water to me, I can't imagine how aggressively bland the alcoholic counterpart must be.

Keurig machines are already marketed to the aggressively bland so it's a match made in heaven!

Also lol at a 370 dollar machine that shits out 2 dollar coca-colas. If I owned shares I would want everyone in that decision making process fired from a cannon

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The only drink dispenser I would ever consider for myself once I have a mancave or whatever you want to call those things, is a Jaegermeister dispenser with compressor cooling. Bought one of those for my best friend's 30th birthday, cost quite a bit, but poo poo owned.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The only drink dispenser I would ever consider for myself once I have a mancave or whatever you want to call those things, is a Jaegermeister dispenser with compressor cooling. Bought one of those for my best friend's 30th birthday, cost quite a bit, but poo poo owned.

The living room

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Just drink your alcohol straight from the bottle like god intended.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm thinking about dumping my 25 dollar Mr Coffee for a Bunn or Bonavita drip machine.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
french press or bust

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

holocaust bloopers posted:

I'm thinking about dumping my 25 dollar Mr Coffee for a Bunn or Bonavita drip machine.

I have a Bonavita. It's good. When I bought it my wife said I should have bought the technivorm because the bonavita was made in china.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I also have a Bonavita, I like it a lot. The only thing I don't like is no timer function. I'm sure having your poo poo ready to go the night before isn't artsy enough or something.

I also have a stovetop one which I like but you have to screw around with cleaning it every time it's used.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It doesn't have a timer because you're supposed to use ground beans within 15 minutes of them being ground for best flavor.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ded posted:

It doesn't have a timer because you're supposed to use ground beans within 15 minutes of them being ground for best flavor.
I don't care. I've tried to both ways and never noticed much of a difference.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I like my routine of waking up, grinding beans, and then making a pot. very relaxing

but then again i am a person who enjoys order and process.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I like my routine of waking up, grinding beans, and then making a pot. very relaxing

but then again i am a person who enjoys order and process.

its ok everyone on something awful is on the spectrum in some way.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Throw the french press water to boil, let the dogs out to piss, start the shower. Let dogs in. Take shower.

By the time I'm done shaving the water is boiling and the delicious french press coffee is ready to brew.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
routines are overrated

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Coffee is overrated *gets dog piled by everyone*

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I literally can't tell the difference between fancy fresh roasted and ground whatever and Folger's :shrug:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Hot Karl Marx posted:

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Hot Karl Marx posted:

:respek:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Rip Its and Dip > Coffee

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I literally can't tell the difference between fancy fresh roasted and ground whatever and Folger's :shrug:

I can, if for no other reason because Folger's gives me a raging headache when I drink it for some reason. I also drink my coffee black so there isn't anything else in it to mask the differences in blends.

You don't really need to buy expensive, super fancy, fair trade, organic, dolphin safe coffee to get a great cup. At this point there's a local roaster near every major urban area in America. Buy a bag of their, "breakfast blend" and you'll never want to go back to a tub of Foldger's.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Laranzu posted:

Throw the french press water to boil, let the dogs out to piss, start the shower. Let dogs in. Take shower.

By the time I'm done shaving the water is boiling and the delicious french press coffee is ready to brew.

WHEN DO YOU POOP

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Zeris posted:

WHEN DO YOU POOP

This is crucial information. My morning routine is to poop twice, once before the coffee and once after. Leaves me good until the evening on most days.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'll take a solid morning poop over a full night sleep any day. Nothing gets the day off right then a v good dump.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

I'll take a solid morning poop over a full night sleep any day. Nothing gets the day off right then a v good dump.

that's stupid you're stupid close the loving thread this is ridiculous

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
pretty boys don't poop

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Zeris posted:

WHEN DO YOU POOP

At work, on the clock, moron.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I knew a guy at USAFA that claimed he had trained himself to poop only once a week.

That's my poopin' story, hope you enjoyed.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

at the date posted:

At work, on the clock, moron.

This is the correct answer. I cant believe how stupid this derail is.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

at the date posted:

At work, on the clock

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 16, 2017

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime. That's why I poop on company time.

~ Elmo

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Third World Reggin posted:

pretty boys don't poop

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
If you poop right after showering, I'm probating you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wouldnt that undo the point of a shower?

• Locked thread