Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The 00s were not a good time for character designs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

they were the best tim eactualy

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I'm glad Yotsuba gave an encouragement flower to my future wife, single-appearance policewoman.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

GorfZaplen posted:

Pants are for suckers

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'm glad Yotsuba gave an encouragement flower to my future wife, single-appearance policewoman.

Yotsuba is an impossibly good comic.
Also, congratulations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

:kimchi:

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Davincie posted:

they were the best tim eactualy

it was the best of times for character designs, it was the worst of times for character designs

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

my future wife, dragonball's lunch, just sneezed and went on an epic killing spree in which your wife was shot in the face. I'm sorry.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

homeless snail posted:

my future wife, dragonball's lunch, just sneezed and went on an epic killing spree in which your wife was shot in the face. I'm sorry.

I'm on my phone, so imagine this text is replaced with your avatar.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

GorfZaplen posted:

love & destroy came out in 1999, thus it is an honorary 90s anime game

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

homeless snail posted:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

God drat March Comes in Like a Lion is good, I don't know if my poor stupid squishy heart can take it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cat Shogi ED is the greatest.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Omg gon just punched the clown

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Namtab posted:

Omg gon just punched the clown

I'm sorry Gon punched you. That was awfully rude of him.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

chumbler posted:

I'm sorry Gon punched you. That was awfully rude of him.

The clown is turned on

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the clown has come and so have i

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Schwing

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You can't post that without posting it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
some day when i'm not watching 20 shows i'll pick hxh back up

have fun with yorknew tab, it's probably my favorite arc in any shonen thing

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I am playing Trails of Cold Steel, not quite but almost illegally

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

flip flappers is very pretty and spooky episode 5 was very enjoyable

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805705

It has been a long time coming, but it's finally back.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what, no kite? no mezzo forte? not even an urotsukidoji??

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

homeless snail posted:

those are for the after hours simulwatch

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Srice posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805705

It has been a long time coming, but it's finally back.

*rubs hands and drools just a little while waiting for the adtrw h thread to load*

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Futaba Anzu posted:

japanese govblin

Goburin

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The Colonel posted:

When's the horny clown arc?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Namtab posted:

When's the horny clown arc?
now that you're here, right now

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

Hunter x Hunter kinda keeps on baffling both me and my girlfriend. According to her (I also strongly agree), almost every arc feels like it could be a standalone anime/TV show on its own, kinda like a "JoJo Part". She said the only one that didn't feel like that was the Killua Rescue arc. Also, breaking news:
  • She could care less about Saber (Rin is still best girl, because DUH)
  • Hisoka made her flip her poo poo. Hard.
I mean, Hisoka IS a great character and all, but how the gently caress did the guys at Shueisha look at that creepy motherfucker and didn't go "Sorry Togashi, but... a guy dressed like a clown who's all but stalking two 13-year old kids? Come on, man". In other news: My girlfriend got bit by the manga bug and it's currently collecting One Week Friends. Having to go around town and hunt the issues down (currently publication here in México is at Volume 4) is kinda fun, but a bit tiring. The reason why she doesn't just go to Amazon or whatever and use my credit card to buy whatever's available that way continues to evade me.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://vine.co/v/ehHEJK7vdUp

someone please post the other good "gently caress the clown" vine, thanks

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Hunter x Hunter kinda keeps on baffling both me and my girlfriend. According to her (I also strongly agree), almost every arc feels like it could be a standalone anime/TV show on its own, kinda like a "JoJo Part". She said the only one that didn't feel like that was the Killua Rescue arc. Also, breaking news:
  • She could care less about Saber (Rin is still best girl, because DUH)
  • Hisoka made her flip her poo poo. Hard.
I mean, Hisoka IS a great character and all, but how the gently caress did the guys at Shueisha look at that creepy motherfucker and didn't go "Sorry Togashi, but... a guy dressed like a clown who's all but stalking two 13-year old kids? Come on, man". In other news: My girlfriend got bit by the manga bug and it's currently collecting One Week Friends. Having to go around town and hunt the issues down (currently publication here in México is at Volume 4) is kinda fun, but a bit tiring. The reason why she doesn't just go to Amazon or whatever and use my credit card to buy whatever's available that way continues to evade me.
Death to those who disparage Saber

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Namtab posted:

Death to those who disparage Saber

Red Saber and rainbow Saber are good, but the others? Eh.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

don't underestimate mezzo forte, ishihama animated two action scenes for it that don't look as good as a lot of other things he's animated

based on wathcing those two scenes i am ready to call myself a mezzo forte expert

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I took my mother to a Mexican restaurant for her birthday. She had fish tacos and I had a steak burrito. It was nice getting real Mexican food for once.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

don't underestimate mezzo forte, ishihama animated two action scenes for it that don't look as good as a lot of other things he's animated

based on wathcing those two scenes i am ready to call myself a mezzo forte expert

It's the anime equivalent of those VN's that only had h scenes in because they were expected to. If you watch the version that cuts out the single sex scene per episode it's a decent action show, from what I remember.

But you still know they were there.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

saber is just like action scenes in the anime but a lot of the sabers are cool

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/sqrb48.mp4

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"Blue" Saber, the one from the 2006 Anime, Fate/Zero and UBW (and Carnival Phantasm, I guess), the "original recipe", so to speak (the rest of them being extra crispy because stay with me here) is a really basic character. Sure, she has her motivations and all which make her a bit more interesting once you know who she is, but she's still incredibly boring. I'm sure if I go and re-play F/SN again, maybe I can see a more interesting side of her, but I only get my commute time (around 80 minutes a day in 2 trips, all in all) to play Vidja Games, so that's a no go.

Like, I'm sure Total Eclipse and Schwarzesmarken would be way more interesting if I'd just bite the bullet and play the VN's, but no. I'm good. Muv-Luv Unlimited and Alternative were okay and I'm satisfied with that. NEXT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Blue saber owns

• Locked thread