Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I hope to god morey is working the 12 step program for GMs who trade too much right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Can we ship Rose with Melo too?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
More silly Harden stats

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/820802761793093632

(First is Oscar Robertson)

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Doltos posted:

Can we ship Rose with Melo too?

I would think you want to get rid of Noah first. Doesn't Rose at least make shots? And he occasionally passes the ball to KP

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I seem to remember int he past Knicks fans said not to take Isola seriously so I won't, but Melo fantasy moves are fun.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

all Frank Isola columns come with a government mandated "warning: writer is Frank Isola" sticker on them

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

It is straight from Carmelo's mouth Isola or no.

Carmelo Anthony posted:

"If that's the case than that's what's coming from that side I guess it's a conversation we should have. If they feel like my time in New York is over I guess that's a conversation we should have."

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Who has the resources and would actually be better with him? Clippers have nothing worthwhile to move afaik, Toronto would have to gut an excellent and vital bench, Cleveland has no assets for a team that's rebuilding. Does Boston see themselves as close enough to dump Crowder? Or is someone stupid enough to think they'd be a contender with Melo who wouldn't, or desperate enough to sell tickets that they wouldn't care?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
There's an Alpha Vacancy in Chicago...

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I wonder if the policy for Melo is still "New York or Los Angeles only?"

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Well he's willing to go to Cleveland which isn't exactly a media capital for him or his wife's stuff

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I don't even know what a Melo trade would begin to look like. Houston would be an interesting fit, but I don't think the salaries match there

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Rick posted:

I wonder if the policy for Melo is still "New York or Los Angeles only?"

It's mostly likely complete bullshit but there was a report going around yesterday that he'd only allow a trade to the Cavs or the Clippers

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jota posted:

It's mostly likely complete bullshit but there was a report going around yesterday that he'd only allow a trade to the Cavs or the Clippers

Dwayne Wade must feel hurt

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Did anyone post the triple flop from the Nets game tonight? because :lol:

https://vine.co/v/53FTBDbYmQA

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Are we gonna see some trades soon or what? The limit on trading extended bird rights players passed today.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Even with a 3(or more) team trade, is there anyway that Melo could get to the Cavs that makes sense? I can't imagine GM LeBron would want to trade Love.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

leftist heap posted:

Are we gonna see some trades soon or what? The limit on trading extended bird rights players passed today.

Noel or okafor will be gone soon

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spacebump posted:

Even with a 3(or more) team trade, is there anyway that Melo could get to the Cavs that makes sense? I can't imagine GM LeBron would want to trade Love.

Assuming that you can't trade JR because of injury, then you're getting rid of T.T. or half the team.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The problem is that the cavs don't have draft picks tradable until like 2020 unless they do another swap with a team they owe.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

And yet they got Kyle korver for free

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ramadu posted:

Did anyone post the triple flop from the Nets game tonight? because :lol:

https://vine.co/v/53FTBDbYmQA

Art

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

euphronius posted:

He's worth less than nothing if you aren't competing, so

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kyle korver was basically their 4th wing in Atlanta and expiring, there's a big difference

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

ALLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What exactly has Phil done for the Knicks? I can't figure out what he's done that's different than an NBA 2k computer

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

What exactly has Phil done for the Knicks? I can't figure out what he's done that's different than an NBA 2k computer

Drafted King Zing.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Its not quite dabo_swinney.jpg level, but its pretty good

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Phil jackson is like Neil oshly, in that he made a lot of good moves but made one crippling long contract to a poo poo/old player that negates all the good moves

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spacebump posted:

Drafted King Zing.

I don't think that gets past the specified filter

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BR_NBA/status/820755690725593088

That lone white dude in the back

smithers
Jun 18, 2013

euphronius posted:

DeimosRising posted:

He's worth less than nothing if you aren't competing, so

Tae posted:

Kyle korver was basically their 4th wing in Atlanta and expiring, there's a big difference

Also they traded a 1st rounder for Korver, which is why they don't have any more to trade...

smithers fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 16, 2017

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
If the Raptors are the straw that broke Melo's back, I'm a little proud here.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

grizz just got career-highed by dr. mott

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/TimBaffoe/status/820850484474970112

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

The Glumslinger posted:

Its not quite dabo_swinney.jpg level, but its pretty good
which one is dabo swinney jpg

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
NBA Continues to be the best sport.

https://twitter.com/NOTNBATonight/status/820842505247870979

https://twitter.com/rolopez42/status/820864712292368388

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

They better have credited him with an assist on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How did the Knicks score 8 points in a quarter?

• Locked thread