Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Motto posted:

they gave the bad jojo's a 40

I mean I'm not expecting much better than Estival Versus or Blanc+Nep vs Zombies, but those were at least reasonably okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

El Burbo posted:

famitsu gave it a 32/40 which is pretty good, though

8/10 is like the lower quartile for famitsu

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

El Burbo posted:

famitsu gave it a 32/40 which is pretty good, though

i don't think their scores go below a 25 so not really

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Zelda is ... good.

:3:

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

fuepi posted:

When is Granblue releasing the 2017 cock girl.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Erg posted:

i don't think their scores go below a 25 so not really

i was about to say god hand but that was a 26

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

guess games journalism is fail everywhere

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

El Burbo posted:

guess games journalism is fail everywhere

There was a time when Famitsu didn't give out 40s like candy. They used to be somewhat decent.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

a kitten posted:

In. Your. Face cleric beast
Yours too giant sewer pig!

ow please stop hitting me Father Gascoigne

Gascoigne is a real "you must be this gud to continue playing this game" moment. Here are some things you might want to know if you're not averse to hints: Going on the defensive is a bad idea, Bloodborne is much more about all-out aggression that Dark Souls. Dodging backwards will get you killed, especially in the final phase. Parrying is effective against him. If you found the Tiny Music Box you can use it to stun him for a few seconds a couple times during the fight, but there's a danger in using it before the final phase. Keeping some molotovs around will make the final phase a lot easier. IIRC you're using the Hunter Axe, which in its extended form should be long enough to hit him across that first set of gravestones in front of you right as the fight starts; you can cheese him with this up until the final phase.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'll show you games journalism *posts vice article about how senran kagura keeps gamers from molesting people in real life*

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Mill Village posted:

There was a time when Famitsu didn't give out 40s like candy. They used to be somewhat decent.

was there really

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

for real im pretty sure famitsu only got its rep because it was japanese and having four reviewers makes a perfect score less likely

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Colonel posted:

i'll show you games journalism *posts vice article about how senran kagura keeps gamers from molesting people in real life*

Oddly enough vice had that interview with the creator, unless there's a difference between waypoint and vice

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Motto posted:

Oddly enough vice had that interview with the creator, unless there's a difference between waypoint and vice

i think waypoint is what popped up after patrick klepek joined vice, the first article is just a regular vice article before they had anyone handling video game coverage

anyway

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
So, how's the article?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis posted:

So, how's the article?

quote:

What prompted you to introduce sexuality into your games in the first place?
During the development of a certain PS3 title, which I was involved in before Senran Kagura or Ikkitousen, I was thinking how we could make the game's boss battles more impactful, and I simply thought that I would be very happy if an extremely attractive lady showed up once you destroyed the boss's armor. I apologize if this comes off as a "guys' point of view."

you don't want to read the other article

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

senran kagura, is good

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Waypoint is garbage poo and im sad that i cannot enjoy austin walker any longer

RME
Feb 20, 2012

who

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

amine

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Paracelsus posted:

Gascoigne is a real "you must be this gud to continue playing this game" moment. Here are some things you might want to know if you're not averse to hints: Going on the defensive is a bad idea, Bloodborne is much more about all-out aggression that Dark Souls. Dodging backwards will get you killed, especially in the final phase. Parrying is effective against him. If you found the Tiny Music Box you can use it to stun him for a few seconds a couple times during the fight, but there's a danger in using it before the final phase. Keeping some molotovs around will make the final phase a lot easier. IIRC you're using the Hunter Axe, which in its extended form should be long enough to hit him across that first set of gravestones in front of you right as the fight starts; you can cheese him with this up until the final phase.

Ah right on, i knew about the music box, but forgot to put it on my item slot. :downs:

And nothing counts as cheese in a *Souls game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

senran kagura, is good

quote:

Milk bombs, muffins, cha-chas – it's all about the fun dumplings.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

baps, surely

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Milk bombs

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

:yeah:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm more into knees and ankles myself though. you know, the bony parts

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Please tell me those were procedurally generated and not things actual living humans wrote.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

i can't believe the guy who has an elaborate DnD podcast and regularly made up stories with Vinny would like fanfiction

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i got really alarmed by the concept of fanfiction about emily kaldwin being a high school bad girl until i remembered that dishonored 2 came out

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think waypoint is fine for what it is, and it's not really trying or pretending to be a typical game site. then again i only listen to the podcast so whatever

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

2016 is finally over
https://twitter.com/Swery65/status/820799436620054529

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/820838815552024576

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

chumbler posted:

Please tell me those were procedurally generated and not things actual living humans wrote.

a real person whose vn I own on steam :twisted:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

DisDisDis posted:

a real person whose vn I own on steam :twisted:
the creator of nekopara writes for waypoint?? :wth:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the creator of kindred spirits

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Fun fact: the kanji for milk and for breasts is the same.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

also every time Prompto takes a picture of Noct riding a chocobo he takes a butt shot instead of a normal photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Prompto regrets demanding they stop at that Taco Bell.

• Locked thread