Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Kelp Plankton posted:

As far as DB Super "filler" episodes go

I think the correct term would be "breather". As in, a pause for breath between periods of intense action. Different from filler in that while it may not be part of the overarching story it was still intentionally put in there for pacing reasons.

e: also it was a good ep. Barry Kahn for Xenoverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Gohan is great.
Videl is the best.
Pan is the greatest.
This episode was all kinds of :3:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
mods rename me to "Son Goku's Mediocre son" tia

Dexo fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 15, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gohan's family owns so hard.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
So I'm still in the Universe 6 arc, but I'm really disappointed that Frost turned out to just be Freeza with good PR.

I liked the nice mirror universe one.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RaspberryCommie posted:

So I'm still in the Universe 6 arc, but I'm really disappointed that Frost turned out to just be Freeza with good PR.

I liked the nice mirror universe one.

you got nice parallel vegeta instead. also the rest of them are nice.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Kild posted:

you got nice parallel vegeta instead. also the rest of them are nice.

Or at least, not evil.

Gohan and his family make you realize what a hick and a savage Goku is

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Nice they remembered Videl can fly.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i liked the part where the idol was feeling beam envy

i choose to believe that's why Gohan wrote a book on how to shoot beams in the Heroes contuity stuff

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Yeah, Frost being evil was pretty disappointing. Like, we just got done seeing Frieza being evil again, it could've been a nice contrast to see that not everyone in that race is an evil dickbag.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

A heroic Frieza-type as a potential future buddy for cross-dimensional adventures was something I very briefly and very strongly looked forward to.

Hit is cool though and so is Cabba so things worked out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wow, I can't believe Son Goku's kind of mediocre son got knocked out by Reddit.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

To be fair, while Frost is pretty bad, I still wouldn't say he's as evil as Frieza was, though that says more about how evil Frieza was than anything else.

I still think there's a chance they could turn him around if they wanted, most of Goku's friends are reformed murderers and tyrants after all.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
man I kind of want to watch this broly post-release stream but raging blast 2 is like boredom in dbz game form

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I like how they remembered Videl can fly and I'm sure I'm going to look like a cock for saying this but her understanding that Gohan isn't cheating on her is just so refreshing to see in general.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Gohan is a good dad. It's good he had Piccolo around to provide that role model for him.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
"Don't let anyone kick your rear end in front of your kid" is not something he got from Piccolo, clearly. Has he seen Piccolo win a single fight since Raditz? Has Piccolo decisively beaten anyone since Raditz?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

"Don't let anyone kick your rear end in front of your kid" is not something he got from Piccolo, clearly. Has he seen Piccolo win a single fight since Raditz? Has Piccolo decisively beaten anyone since Raditz?

Does a hand full of movie henchmen count?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I feel like the movies are more of a detriment to piccolo's track record than anything

also no, the best piccolo has done since the saiyan saga is scare imperfect cell away. he also tied with 17 later but would have probably lost in the end since 17 has infinite energy

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I spent my entire life spelling it Frieza. It wasn't until I finally started watching Abridged and Super that I realized it was apparently wrong.

I keep going for Freeza but it looks so wrong

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

He didn't get it from Goku either because that dude got merked constantly in-front of him.

So he got it from both. Specifically, in the sense that he saw it a lot and thought "that poo poo is embarrassing".

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I spent my entire life spelling it Frieza. It wasn't until I finally started watching Abridged and Super that I realized it was apparently wrong.

Just go with however it comes out. Frieza and Freeza are both accepted and people know what you're talking about, so it doesn't really matter. It's not worth the effort or time to fix it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Freeza and Frieza are both accepted spellings for the dude. The name thing is just one of the DBZA crew's bugbears.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blockhouse posted:

man I kind of want to watch this broly post-release stream but raging blast 2 is like boredom in dbz game form

They have such horrible taste in video games. Since they hate Xenoverse 2 but loved RB2

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Onmi posted:

They have such horrible taste in video games. Since they hate Xenoverse 2 but loved RB2

I thought they hated RB2? I remember watching a stream and they were basically treating it like the Brolly of Dragonball games.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

I thought they hated RB2? I remember watching a stream and they were basically treating it like the Brolly of Dragonball games.

yeah they very clearly do not like it

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

We can't mention RB2 without linking to this gem.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Go..ku?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am faintly amused that they had characters record one line in a normal voice and then the exact same line in a slightly deeper and angrier voice for Super Saiyan.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
It was almost jarring to see Gohan speed-blitz Barry into a wall, because for as powerful as everyone is, they very rarely use their strength to intimidate regular humans. It really did a good job to show how pissed Gohan was about this whole situation.

Also, Jaco is a little poo poo.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

It was almost jarring to see Gohan speed-blitz Barry into a wall, because for as powerful as everyone is, they very rarely use their strength to intimidate regular humans. It really did a good job to show how pissed Gohan was about this whole situation.

Also, Jaco is a little poo poo.

This episode felt more like a Superman show. Gohan makes a good Clark Kent.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

TRUNKS, AW YEAH

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Justin_Brett posted:

TRUNKS, AW YEAH

Dragon Ball Zuper megathread: TRUNKS, AW YEAH

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
It's nice that even after they went all dumb with her character in super Videl is still the best when she turns up.

Literally like "No, I know Gohan would never do this. Also, I'm intimately aware of how easy it is to blackmail him so yeah, gently caress off"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Confirmed: Gohan is the best dad

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Kinda weird that Piccolo or someone wouldn't have bolted towards that "immense" power level as soon as it appeared, but glad Gohan got a chance to shine again. Looking forward to Krillin And Goku palling around next episode!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kithkar posted:

It's nice that even after they went all dumb with her character in super Videl is still the best when she turns up.

Literally like "No, I know Gohan would never do this. Also, I'm intimately aware of how easy it is to blackmail him so yeah, gently caress off"

o yea if you include filler, gohan's been blackmailed like 3 times now hasn't he

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

o yea if you include filler, gohan's been blackmailed like 3 times now hasn't he

Pretty sure almost all of those were by Videl.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

1/3

this time in super, videl forcing him to teach her how to fly, and that filler only girl that forces him into dating her once

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Videl poo poo-talking Barry was A+ material

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i also choose to believe Barry's second form exists purely to mock SSJ4

• Locked thread