Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Zzulu posted:

but now the whole (martial arts) worlds eyes are on Saitama :stare:

Surely this time they'll have to acknowledge that he's stronk

Spoilers: he's gonna lose by getting a ring out, everyone but Suriyu figures it's because he was an underdog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I think he is going to win then get disqualified for not be that other guy.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Maybe Suriyu concedes for fear of death and everyone thinks he threw the match?

Though that's not really a new plot beat.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

GimmickMan posted:

"You're not even wearing a tanktop, so don't overdo it."

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You're all dumb, just wait until the essay section of the final.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Now the world will know the truth

Charanko is bald

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Its a shame that Suriyu kicked the hair off of Charanko, making him bald for life even though he won.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

GodFish posted:

Its a shame that Suriyu kicked the hair off of Charanko, making him bald for life even though he won.

Poor guy

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
The cut from Suriyu saying there are no heroes to Mumen Rider was epic.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

GimmickMan posted:

"You're not even wearing a tanktop, so don't overdo it."

My favorite part of this chapter, so good.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Mo_Steel posted:

Mine is Saitama telling Suiryu not to get any stronger if he wants to keep having fun. :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This owns. Worth the wait it put us through. :allears:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mumen Rider is too pure

:negative:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
pages 4 and 9 are great

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

lol suiryu does the same exact move as gokus grandpa pulls on him in the original db manga, the airborne kick into the slam dunk. especially with the air shot of the tiled arena

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mo_Steel posted:

I want Rider to start wearing a tank top and actually get a power up from it. Tank Top Rider.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JosephWongKS posted:

I want Rider to start wearing a tank top and actually get a power up from it. Tank Top Rider.

My Rider's already wearing something close to a tank top.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

Alexander is too good for this world.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

lol suiryu does the same exact move as gokus grandpa pulls on him in the original db manga, the airborne kick into the slam dunk. especially with the air shot of the tiled arena

That might just be a hella cliched attack sequence (because it owns).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

I appreciate all best boys in their franchise, so I appreciate this Rider very much.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Last Celebration posted:

That might just be a hella cliched attack sequence (because it owns).

I mean where do you think the cliché came from!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Eej posted:

I mean where do you think the cliché came from!

If people were gonna copy Dragonball I'd figure poo poo like Goku using a feint Kamehameha to hit the side of King Piccolo's face or using it as a rocket to punch a hole through him would have been way higher on the priority list. :shrug:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That's probably been copied countless times too.
It's probably impossible to over-estimate the impact Dragonball's had on the manga and anime industry as a whole.

Unless you're just coming up with blanket statements like every anime owes everything to Dragonball.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Hit the dude up and then go up even faster than you hit him to hit him back down is definitely an iconic DB thing that's seen everywhere.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
That was a fantastic chapter. Mumen Rider is amazing.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

JosephWongKS posted:

It's a Hi-Visibility tank top, because Mumen Rider is the best. I liked the bit in the show during the Boros fight where Mumen Rider is helping evacuate the area and take injured people to safety. Because he is the best.

Also, that no-sell when Saitama took the kick that knocked off Charanko's head was great.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

It's a Hi-Visibility tank top, because Mumen Rider is the best. I liked the bit in the show during the Boros fight where Mumen Rider is helping evacuate the area and take injured people to safety. Because he is the best.

Also, that no-sell when Saitama took the kick that knocked off Charanko's head was great.

Rereading it, I noticed that Saitama didn't lose the wig because he got hit harder. He lost the wig because he had something more important to focus on.

Someone's getting demolished, looks like.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

Rereading it, I noticed that Saitama didn't lose the wig because he got hit harder. He lost the wig because he had something more important to focus on.

Someone's getting demolished, looks like.

Well yeah, for chapters and chapters he was more worried about losing the wig than literally anything else in the tournament. And right now, he couldn't give less of a poo poo about it.

I can't believe I'm hype about something being about to go down in the tournament arc but here we are

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Xarbala posted:

Well yeah, for chapters and chapters he was more worried about losing the wig than literally anything else in the tournament. And right now, he couldn't give less of a poo poo about it.

I can't believe I'm hype about something being about to go down in the tournament arc but here we are

ONE knows what he's doing.

Freed from needing to make it even remotely plausible that Saitama will lose, he focuses instead on emotions and it's really good

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You know what, you're right.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Elentor posted:

It's mind-blowing how they keep making these fights so exciting. We all know how they're gonna end from start.

Because it's really all about the build up to the smug being punched right off someone's face.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Xarbala posted:

It's not a coincidence that the tournament has really hit a high point now that Murata has been able to knock out some high content updates. The big issue was always that it was piecemeal.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Yeah, it messes with the flow, which messes with your emotional connection.

Try watching a new hyped movie in seven minutes chunks every seven days.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Shugojin posted:

ONE knows what he's doing.

Freed from needing to make it even remotely plausible that Saitama will lose, he focuses instead on emotions and it's really good

What the gently caress are you talking about? This tournament is 100% Murata.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ONE is still writing tho

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
ONE is busy with his own projects. Technically, this whole tournament is a retread of previously visited ideas.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's probably also some elements of introducing things he wants to use later but didn't think of to put in the webcomic earlier, giving some lesser used characters some airtime to make later stuff they do more notable, and so on.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I thought One wrote all of the Murata storylines. Was I mistaken?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I really hope Suiryu rather than reacting like everyone else and thinking "god resides in this man's fist" he decides to go all out instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Schwarzwald posted:

I thought One wrote all of the Murata storylines. Was I mistaken?

Yeah same.