Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Speaking of absulutely mad 83 rated players, IF Ben Yedder is fully sick, I play at CF with Engine and these are his stats:

He also has 4*/5*, making him deadly from anywhere inside the box.

Here's my current squad - http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/3860149/ (e: I don't have Kante IF, regular kante.) I just swap wings at the beginning to give Martial and Di Maria good crossing opportunities, I'm pretty happy with it, trying to ditch players and maybe get TOTGS Fahrmann in goal.

I'm also gonna try monitoring my connection this weekend and make sure I only play matches if I have less than 100ms ping to the server, previous weekend was torture for me.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jan 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littlejoey
Jan 7, 2017

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Speaking of absulutely mad 83 rated players, IF Ben Yedder is fully sick, I play at CF with Engine and these are his stats:

He also has 4*/5*, making him deadly from anywhere inside the box.

Here's my current squad - http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/3860149/ (e: I don't have Kante IF, regular kante.) I just swap wings at the beginning to give Martial and Di Maria good crossing opportunities, I'm pretty happy with it, trying to ditch players and maybe get TOTGS Fahrmann in goal.

I'm also gonna try monitoring my connection this weekend and make sure I only play matches if I have less than 100ms ping to the server, previous weekend was torture for me.

How are you monitoring the ping of your opponents?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

littlejoey posted:

How are you monitoring the ping of your opponents?

I haven't been successful so far!

You can do it by watching your router logs and knowing the IP adresses of the EA servers to figure out which one you're connected to but it's a hassle and so far I've failed miserably.

there's plenty of discussion abotu it here - https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5mqa8k/ocfut_weekend_league_ea_server_analysis_why_wl/?ref=search_posts

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
POTM is out, it honestly doesn't look that bad. The first of the 4 challenges requires literally just zlatan and no other players though, and his price has doubled in minutes and will probably keep climbing.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Found an application named "CurrPorts" that lets you see all the connections opened on your computer, you can also filter by application so it's easy to see all the ports FIFA is opening, so you can just copy the remote IP adress and ping the latest one added to the list when you start a match.

It seems to me like there's one EA server to which I get 70ms pings and the rest are above 150ms and complete torture but I need to gently caress with this a bit more. It's not very practical to keep doing this.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Some people I play I swear to god even though there's no packet loss my ping must be over 500 ms, it feels like it takes a complete second for my guy to start moving or change direction (and I mean I know there's acceleration time but also for instance for me to click from one player to another)

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Who should I get... TOTY Iniesta or TOTY Marcelo. Iniesta would let me have an awesome team with MVP Villa and no need to mess with things. Marcelo on the other hand I would sub in at the start of the game and he's crazy everywhere + less coins.

littlejoey
Jan 7, 2017
So last night I put my PS4 in DMZ mode. Won 4 games in a row in Div and the gameplay was a lot better. Thought I'd try my luck and now I'm 6-0 in WL. My guys are making runs and playing amazing.

Clearly I've jinxed it now with this post

Edit: yep: 6-1 for the night

littlejoey fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 13, 2017

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
7-1 so far this weekend, lookin good!

I'm getting a little lucky though, I won 1 game in overtime and another in penalties so it could have gone another way.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
11-5 for me, although I just won the luckiest game I've ever played. I was getting ready to message my opponent condolences and he messaged me first basically going "oh jesus fuckkkkkkkkk". I commiserated and we messaged back and forth a bit and i think i made someone quit fifa and I can't blame him.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I got TOTY Marcelo for 650k. I don't think he'll get much lower than that in the near future. I have him in a squad on full chem where I'm going to swap him to CAM right at the start and just sub on a left back. I'll report back whether he's awesome or not. I'll probably play too much through him. He's somehow got 7 chem at LW if converted to LWB so I'm gonna run that a bit too.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 14, 2017

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

5-0 using Marcelo at CAM every game. He has an awesome shot on top of everything else. I'm thinking of running a 433 though now to get him more involved in the defense. He stays pretty far up as a CAM.

Also I'm about 80% when it comes to winning pens. People are really easy to read/trick in this game.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I revamped my serie a team and finally spent more than a few thousand coins on a player(I'm a cheapskate).

I picked up SIF Immobile to go with IF Gomez. They've both been pretty good through the first 3 games. I think Gomez has a goal and four assists and Immobile has 4 goals and an assist.

I need to work through the Giovinco SBC, I like his NIF but that card looks to be a big improvement.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Started off 6-0 also this weekend and was optimistic but now I'm 22-11, so the dream is dead for 30 wins this week. The struggle!

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jan 15, 2017

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I started 10-3 and now I'm 15-11. Saturdays are bad for me, I should probably try to avoid them more.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I had a few super close games where like I conceded a game losing goal in the dying minutes, but I mean who knows what would have happened in penalties or extra time so I can't be like WELL I WOULD HAVE WON.

I will say that like Seltzer I think I'm at least like 80%+ at penalties because some people don't even know to adjust the height they try to save it at based on the power you put in, and some people don't like fake a direction at all so it's just super easy to beat them.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!
Got Gold 2 on my 3rd WL, after getting Gold 3 and Silver 1. This is my first FIFA, and measurable progress is cool but I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time :sigh:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Man this was frustrating, I was at 24 wins with 3 games left and I lost the first two, then conceded a goal after being up 2-1 against some bus parking gently caress face and then he won in overtime arggg

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hahah nevermind, I had one game left and won 1-0 where this was my only goal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQGBNga-pkk
I guess the EA gods were just like "Nah man you can't go out like that" after the previous game and just gave me one. It lag spiked like literally the split second before his goalie was gonna touch it and didn't lag at all the rest of the game, if I believed in dumb poo poo like this I would definitely say the universe was lookin out for me

So anyway, Gold 1, that's cool

littlejoey
Jan 7, 2017
Right so based on the game play on the Friday night vs the Saturday night - Friday night was so much smoother and free flowing. By Saturday morning (uk), it became a struggle where my players didn't make runs and took a lot longer on the ball (receiving the ball resulted in larger delays) and resulted in a sweaty laggy mess.

I know my gameplay didn't change over the day but it was night and day in terms of game experience. I don't believe in the Reddit scripting/momentum witch hunt but do believe that the lag disparity totally fucks with the gameplay.

I'm glad I got to enjoy the Friday and know it's not me when it came to the Saturday gameplay

Currently 12-4 so I'll probably aim for just gold rating

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

littlejoey posted:

Right so based on the game play on the Friday night vs the Saturday night - Friday night was so much smoother and free flowing. By Saturday morning (uk), it became a struggle where my players didn't make runs and took a lot longer on the ball (receiving the ball resulted in larger delays) and resulted in a sweaty laggy mess.

I know my gameplay didn't change over the day but it was night and day in terms of game experience. I don't believe in the Reddit scripting/momentum witch hunt but do believe that the lag disparity totally fucks with the gameplay.

I'm glad I got to enjoy the Friday and know it's not me when it came to the Saturday gameplay

Currently 12-4 so I'll probably aim for just gold rating

I think the servers are just that much more stressed on saturday and that causes the gameplay to suffer.

littlejoey
Jan 7, 2017

hopterque posted:

I think the servers are just that much more stressed on saturday and that causes the gameplay to suffer.

Exactly and the lag makes Counter Attack or PTB tactics so much harder to beat. I notice less runs from my guys resulting in them being bunched up a lot in the middle

Also it's sad that it's becoming the norm. I played a guy who used those tactics from the start and I managed to score to make it 1-0 around the 60' min mark. Despite being a goal down, He continued to play super defensive for the remainder of the game.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It's actually not AS common as it was early on in the weekend league, people are starting to realize that a) you're not gonna actually do well against good players like that and b) it's insanely boring and lovely to play that way.

Also, boy, that third (?) inform untradeable Eriksen I got from the guaranteed totw packs is pretty sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv4gCb7VaBk

His "weak" foot too.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hopterque posted:

Also, boy, that third (?) inform untradeable Eriksen I got from the guaranteed totw packs is pretty sweet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv4gCb7VaBk
His "weak" foot too.
God drat what a rocket.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

IF-Modeste 122 games, 123 goals, he scored a sweet brace within 5 minutes for me last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMgPuirek1U&t=37s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2Kdwo1qli8

Also I love manual crossing/lobs/throughballs.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm gonna buy IF Modeste this week finally, because a) he looks dope and his regular card rules and b) he's probably gonna get a massive upgrade soon so his inform will be extra sick.

Other good shouts for an upgrade that I'm gonna look into getting: Mane from liverpool will probably get upgraded enough to bump his inform up a notch.

Also kante is gonna get an upgrade basically guaranteed so probably sell his old card for a decent amount while you can (friday is the best time, usually).

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

At this point in the game what formations are people running? I'm basically locked into 433 variants. 5212 is good but I haven't touched it in awhile. The 41212(2) seems really poo poo when I've used it the past few weekends. Some youtuber must've made a 4321 video or something because I've seen a massive uptick in that formation. Someone on reddit posted all the opponents they faced in WL and this was the result.

https://imgur.com/gallery/mFGcG

I wish they would patch the premiere league and Kante out of the game.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
4321 is my primary, although I'll switch to a 4312 or a 41212 (2), so the narrow one, pretty regularly depending on how a game is going.

4321 plays a lot like a 4-3-3 really, but narrower, and uses similar types of players. I like it because it keeps all 3 of my forwards/attackers completely right up in their poo poo in the middle but still allows enough flexibility for overlapping runs and stuff in buildup play. I'm terrible at dribbling in from the wing and crosses aren't very reliable for me this year, so it works for me as a 433 type formation (Which I've used basically in every fifa) but with an emphasis on central play. 41212(2) is probably the best formation in the game but it's also really for a very specific playstyle, and pretty hard to use to boot, so you really only see the pros getting everything out of it it seems like.

Also, 24 wins again this week. If i had skipped saturday I'd be 18-6 and in really good shape to get elite, let alone gold 1, so I really might start doing that and just get all my games in on friday and sunday.. The difference between friday/today and saturday in terms of how the game feels is pretty absurd.
I'm probably gonna sell my Kante this friday if I can, he's pack pulled but if I can get some value out of him before the upgraded version comes out I'll be happy. But that means I'll be playing this week and then the weekend league without him, so I eagerly anticipate going 10-30 next weekend.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

1) :lol:
2) Clean your goddamn TV

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

aborn posted:

1) :lol:
2) Clean your goddamn TV

That's not me, it's from reddit. I thought about screenshotting the players I came up against though.

This was the last game of weekend league I played this time.

I was using my mostly silver all Scottish team and he only won off of a corner header.

e- notice Pele at CM to get Bundesliga/Liga chemistry, he swapped everyone around in game and had a bronze bench to stay under 90 rated.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 15, 2017

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Welcome back from the dead Jovetic, first two matches with Sevilla and 2 goals, both against Real Madrid (1 in the cup and 1 today in La Liga). Give me an IF Jovetic already EA! :argh:

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 15, 2017

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Please let him get an inform, that would be exactly the kind of player to get me to make a La Liga team.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hell, I might even start a manager once they update the teams just to play both Ben Yedder and Jovetic up front.

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Alright, I've crossed a clear threshold. Got my first post game hate message. I've arrived.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Strenots posted:

Alright, I've crossed a clear threshold. Got my first post game hate message. I've arrived.

Nice. My tactic is to respond levelly and in a reasonable manner and so far everyone who's sent me a message has immediately calmed down and I've actually had some nice chats.
Pretty funny how quickly people go "gently caress YOU YOU LUCKY PIECE OF poo poo" to "yeah, you're right, you missed some good chances too, gg". People aren't mad at you usually per se (unless you play like a shithead) they're just mad at the game.

littlejoey
Jan 7, 2017
Got gold 1. Was on track for elite and just my luck, either the servers or my internet went to trash and the games were slow messes. Lost 2 games in a row to penalties and an own goal for the 3rd one.

The desire to play isn't there anymore (WL has become more a chore than fun now). I'll probably just stick to divisions for now.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah one time a guy messaged me like U DIDNT DESERVE TO WIN and I said "I know, what do you want me to do about it, put one in my own net?" and he was like "fine whatever gg" lol

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!
Anyone know what the dribble at 14:33 is? https://youtu.be/K-hU_sa9UTg?t=872

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
New patch:
http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/232862

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Continues to be vague as gently caress. But there looks to be some positives. Watch kit screen still be broken.

• Locked thread