Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

If Ahsoka is in Episode 8 I'm gonna die :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?

teagone posted:

If Ahsoka is in Episode 8 I'm gonna die :neckbeard:

That would be cool, but how old would she be at that point? 80?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Snoke is a Whill.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hodgepodge posted:

Snoke could also literally be the smoke monster from Lost. He was written open endedly by JJ Abrams to hand off to another writer/director whose talent peaks incredibly hard in the first act. What if they have become self-aware?

That bullet really hosed up Robert Ford's face but I am loving his new narrative

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Gonz posted:

BullSHIT.

Snoke is a dracula.

I say he's probably a wolfman, or maybe a space mummy. I bet his full name is Ardeth Bey Snoke or something.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Tikifire posted:

Probably wouldn't be an issue considering it seems most alien species to live longer than humans.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Tikifire posted:

Yoda is 900 years old, who cares?

That reminds me, when I was a kid for some reason it didn't enter my mind that Yoda was not human. My kid brain just figured if a human someone somehow managed to live for 900 years that's what they'd look like.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The key point I really really want to be a big twist with Snoke is that he's actually, like, really tiny. Like it's not even just that he's a normal-sized alien pretending to be giant with a hologram - he's a two-inch-tall alien pretending to be giant with a hologram. A cross between a shoulder devil and the Wizard of Oz.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

We were all for this but Star Trek: Beyond beat them to the punch. :(

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
I dont really know where else to post this but after running the Disneyland Star Wars marathon I'm pretty sure Rey's costume was designed to give fat girls a costume to wear.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
What a dope observation. FYI you are part of the problem please take your own life.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

rear end Catchcum posted:

What a dope observation. FYI you are part of the problem please take your own life.

Well, obviously we're both assholes.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
No, I truly think people like you are holding us back.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
Do you feel that movies in which every single fat person is a villian or or comedic relief are setting us back?

If I'm fat can I say fat?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Obstacle2 posted:

If I'm fat can I say fat?

You'd be a race weight traitor.

Snoke is a future version of Kylo Ren, like old Biff from Back to the Future II. They even have the same facial scar by the end of the movie.

Ries
Apr 14, 2003
Motorcycle

:allears:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

ruddiger posted:

You'd be a race weight traitor.

Snoke is a future version of Kylo Ren, like old Biff from Back to the Future II. They even have the same facial scar by the end of the movie.

I posted a theory about that a while ago in the thread. I like the idea of Snoke being smoke and mirrors like the Wizard of Oz. Like he's just some weird force ghost/vision thing Kylo Ren created knowingly or not.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
While it's not very fun, nothing in TFA made me think Snoke was anyone. I saw him as very analogous to Palpatine.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Yeah I can agree with you on that. And that's also what I hope. The Plaguis theoery is prolly my fav.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Yeah I can agree with you on that. And that's also what I hope. The Plaguis theoery is prolly my fav.

A Sith force ghost would be awesome.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Hadn't heard that one. That'd be badass.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Obstacle2 posted:

A Sith force ghost would be awesome.

That's the best idea I've heard for Snoke I think.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It would be great if they bring back Ahsoka but it makes no sense that Anakin wouldn't of been able to track her down and kill her. So I doubt that would happen.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Koirhor posted:

It would be great if they bring back Ahsoka but it makes no sense that Anakin wouldn't of been able to track her down and kill her. So I doubt that would happen.

He didn't track down Obi-Wan, now, did he?

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

TheMaestroso posted:

He didn't track down Obi-Wan, now, did he?

This is true, but Ahsoka remained active in the rebellion. She also battles him in Rebels and slices his mask off.

EDIT: Whenever anyone suggested Darth Plaguis I always assumed they meant a Sith force ghost. Like the Jedi get omnipresent ghost powers to dish out wisdom and the Sith are more corporeal. He does look like a dude killed by force lightning.

Obstacle2 fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jan 16, 2017

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I guess it depends on where her story is planned to go in Rebels (if they continue it there).

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
I hope we see her again. Somewhere along the way I went from absolutely loathing the character to her being the one I most wanted to see in a film.

I think too much time has passed for her to make it into one of films of the new trilogy though.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Obstacle2 posted:

I hope we see her again. Somewhere along the way I went from absolutely loathing the character to her being the one I most wanted to see in a film.

I think too much time has passed for her to make it into one of films of the new trilogy though.

I have a feeling Ashoka is going to eventually die before ANH. I'm surprised she didn't snuff it when she battled Vader.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
She could show up in another one of the anthology films, like Saw did in Rogue One.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Darth Plegius' entire shtick was figuring out the secrets to eternal life and immortality. I'm sure Palpatine thought he killed him. Palpatine also thought Vader wouldn't toss him down a bottomless pit one day.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The secret was turning people into robots.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZqI3bZ2oHo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCdzZtEAnoo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Jedi formally known as Prince.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

euphronius posted:

The secret was turning people into robots.

The Sonic connections keep revealing themselves.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
There is no god drat way in hell Snoke is not connected to the previous movies.

Not a loving chance.

Everyone in this film has a nice tie to a previous event or character, there is no way JJ would drop a completely new unconnected force using bad guy in out of nowhere. In saying that, Disney is WELL aware that the EU was ever dumber, ever more confined stupid garbage that the majority of people barely knew existed and a good chuck of SW fans mocked openly and relentlessly. So Snoke will not be:

Vader
Palpatine
Some kind of stupid "force ghost/power/monster"
Maul
Anything connected to the EU at all
Something not in one of the previous 6 movies

Anyone believing they would insert any of that ultra nerd garbage into a general release movie needs to step away from the internet and get some fresh air.

Ps, I think its Plagus, his story in RotS gives him the perfect in movie way to return while explaining how Snoke knows everything.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
Who is Poe Dameron, Finn, or General Hux connected to in the original films? Also they talk about force ghosts in all 6 of the original movies. It's literally what they are talking about when he talks about the story of Darth Plaguis.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is plagis the guy who used the force to undo death itself or whatever?

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
He was working towards it before his apprentice (Palpatine) killed him. The same way Qui-Gon was working on it in Episode 1. No one knew they achieved it till after they died so it stands to reason that Palpatine could be oblivious to the fact that his old master could still be around.

I personally believe it will be unconnected to the originals but if it is, I bet it's some kind of Sith force ghost.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Obstacle2 posted:

Who is Poe Dameron, Finn, or General Hux connected to in the original films? Also they talk about force ghosts in all 6 of the original movies. It's literally what they are talking about when he talks about the story of Darth Plaguis.

A hero of the resistance, the new "rebellion" and the start of the movie and literal rebellion by the end.

An officer in the first order, literally the child of the empire.

Force ghosts are good guys. Snoke is a bad guy.

Plagus didn't figure out how to become a force ghost, he found a way to prevent death.

And again, Disney wants a giant "appeal to everyone" movie, they are not bringing in goofy crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Snoke is actually Obi-Wan's force ghost, continuing to rely on trickery even beyond the grave. He just wants to find Luke so he can hang out with him again.

• Locked thread